Prague Nightlife, Czech Republic
Prague is not just about historical spots, palaces and churches. Its nightlife is also something anyone can look forward when in the city. The prices as well as the clientele swerve extensively the tourist jam-packed Old Town and preoccupy the slightly sordid neighborhood bars.
You will find out that beer comes in the morning, at noon and at night. The best thing is that the Czech beer is one of the finest and cheapest in the whole world. Choose from Gambrinus, Pilsner Urquell, Staropramen or Budweiser. Your average fee for the bar staff usually starts at 50Kc per hour. After having fun and drinking, show graciousness through an upright tip or something.
To give you comprehensive details on the places where you can have the best night ever, here is the list of the finest destinations in the city. The top five areas where you can effortlessly locate bars or pubs when you are strolling are the following: Mala Strana, the Old Town & New Town, Vinohrady & Zizkov, Smichov and Letna & Holesovice.
1. Visit the Mala Strana and the district found about the castle. These are the cleaner versions of the Old Town, with its nice jazz clubs and bars although it is not really a club scene if you are looking for one. You can get there by walking crosswise the Charles Bridge, then take the metro to Malostranska or hop on trams 23, 22 0r 18. To get back, make it to the night tram 57.
2. The Old Town & New Town - the well-visited area located between Vltava River and Wilsonova road, in front of Prague’s National Museum.
3. Vinohrady, with its trendy bars loved by younger expats is a top-notch beer patch and has among the best clubs of Europe. Nearbyg Zizkov is the former’s sister place. It is a plebeian quarter that serves alcohol. Vinohrady is highly discovered from Namestí Miru, I.P.Pavlova or Jiriho z Podebrad (JzP) metro stations. Night trams 59, 57 and 51 goe back to Old Town. Zizkov is either a small walk to TV tower from the JzP metro, or a small ride along trams 26, 5 or 9. Go back home with night trams 58 or 55.
4. Along the southwest region of Old Town and just across the Prague River, Smíchov and the mid area of Andel is a lengthy and overlooked semi-industrial locale along with its large and marvelous Staropramen brewery. It has done its share of ups and downs to becoming a very pleasant spot. In here, innumerable bars and clubs are provided for younger crowds. The metro station of Andel is found in its hub. Call it a night on night trams 59, 58 or 54.
5. At the northern part of the town comes a somewhat unkempt district with good clubs. More than that, there is the Letna that is centered on the Letenske Namesti with very cool bar scene. To get there, the Vltavska metro station is accessible and is found right at the border of the place. If not, travel along trams 14, 8, 5 or 3. Tram 26 roars north the bridges. Night trams 54, 53 and 51 gets you back to your home.
Things about Prague you may be interested in
Read our members' reviews about Prague
- The Czech Republic
review by adam posted more then 30 days ago
The Czech Republic is just like a Fairy tale, it's lovely scenery makes the country a noteworthy destination. The country is in the heart of Europe, with Prague being the very jewel of the Czech Republic It's architecture, views, and nightlife is one of a kind, making the capital an ideal...
- Prague for every taste
review by Wazling posted more then 30 days ago
The city itself isn't very nice, besides the city center, what is pretty beautiful. There you have the place of Wenzel, where a lot of historic buildings are located. There you can also go shopping or just enjoy one of the restaurants or bars. In the night it's very interesting walking around in...
- Trip to Prague
review by Wazling posted more then 30 days ago
That trip was really long ago, but interesting. We have rent a whole loft for just nothing. So we could enjoy the trip by spending money only for going out at night. The city offered us great views and she still doing that. The Wenzels place and the bars and retaurants around it was the place we...
Read our members' travel tips about Prague
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Members Who Have Been to Prague
Community Galleries About Prague
- flighthub.com$521Thy Turkish AirlinesInbound
New York, NY (JFK) → Prague, CZ (PRG)
11/04/2017 02:15 pmOutbound
Prague, CZ (PRG) → New York, NY (JFK)
11/16/2017 03:15 pm
- flighthub.com$560Thy Turkish AirlinesInbound
Boston, MA (BOS) → Prague, CZ (PRG)
10/19/2017 11:35 pmOutbound
Prague, CZ (PRG) → Boston, MA (BOS)
10/26/2017 02:35 pm
- flighthub.com$691Multiple AirlinesInbound
Newark, NJ (EWR) → Prague, CZ (PRG)
11/10/2017 06:15 pmOutbound
Prague, CZ (PRG) → Newark, NJ (EWR)
11/23/2017 03:20 pm