Prague Sights and Landmarks Guide, Czech Republic
Prague was established on the banks of Vltava, a winding river which for many centuries has been rushing the heartbeat of numerous painters, photographers even poets. It is the alternative, governmental, business, cultural as well as industrial hub of Czech Republic that became the capital of Bohemia monarchy and residence to archbishops and rulers for a thousand years.
Prague’s history resembles Czech’s. Settlements around Prague and Vysehrad Castles turn into a town with the privileges. It later improved into confident and self-sufficient Prague towns - a mystifying city filled with scientists, artists and scholarly rabbis. The Baroque came into view and became evident in Prague’s churches’ domes, palace courtyards as well as gardens. It became a historic part of the city.
For somebody who has known Prague, he can refer to it as a masterpiece in stone which has faithfully detained its nature, that is, an unusual cadenced beauty factually infusing it. Beauty and art may be random additions in several cities, yet in Prague, they are the foundations which are equally important to the life of the city. It provides permanent deliberation of concert, exhibition and theater halls, galleries and museums. It is where the reception and creation of art has a venerable tradition. Today, Prague is a city of business and trade fairs. Known for its warmth, Prague offers infinite tourist attractions. It gives different features you can choose from. Some of them are listed below.
· Old Royal Palace. This palace is the one that represents the Romanesque era in the entire Prague Castle. The Old Royal Palace houses the colossal Vladislav Hall, constructed with an intermediary Gothic and Renaissance styles.
· Prague Castle. This castle was established in the ninth century to serve as the seat of Czech kings and princes. Over the past centuries, the major architectural designs left their mark on it. The top parts of this historic castle are the Golden Gate, St. Vitus Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, Golden Lane, St. George Basilica, Prague Castle Gardens and the Powder Tower Mihulka.
· Charles Bridge. This bridge got its name from Charles IV - the king who well thought-out its construction. Up to the nineteenth century, it was the sole bridge of the River Vltava. Established in the fourteenth century, the bridge is 9.5 meters wide and 516 meters long. Both ends accommodated two impressive towers - the Lesser Town Towers and the Old Town Tower.
· Old Town Square. It was built during the 12th century and is best known of the Prague Squares, thus the real heart of Old Town. Its sights include the Astronomical Clock, Old Town Hall, Church of Our Lady and the Church of St. Nicholas.
· Wallenstein Palace, Wallenstein Garden. This palace covers a broad part of Lesser Town. The construction was specially made by the influential and wealthy General Albrecht Vaclav Eusebius of Wallenstein, a Czech nobleman. The palace will serve as his Prague home. Its grandeur and size emit a shadow over other buildings and even competed with the Prague Castle.
· Jewish Town. The nearby town of Old Town Square. In the mid twelfth century, the very first Jewish homes were built here and later it became the Jewish Town. Now, only the Jewish Town Hall, six synagogues and cemetery survived from the Jewish quarter.
Things about Prague you may be interested in1 1 1 157
1ac The server cannot find the requested page:
17 brokerage.linkadage.com a6 /engine.php?LinkUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.travelgrove.com%2Ftravel-guides%2FCzech-Republic%2FPrague-Sights-c434386.html&Key=48SK-M2A6-H4EM&OpenInNewWindow=1 (port 2 80 73 )
Read our members' reviews about Prague
- The Czech Republic
review by adam posted more then 30 days ago
The Czech Republic is just like a Fairy tale, it's lovely scenery makes the country a noteworthy destination. The country is in the heart of Europe, with Prague being the very jewel of the Czech Republic It's architecture, views, and nightlife is one of a kind, making the capital an ideal...
- Prague for every taste
review by Wazling posted more then 30 days ago
The city itself isn't very nice, besides the city center, what is pretty beautiful. There you have the place of Wenzel, where a lot of historic buildings are located. There you can also go shopping or just enjoy one of the restaurants or bars. In the night it's very interesting walking around in...
- Trip to Prague
review by Wazling posted more then 30 days ago
That trip was really long ago, but interesting. We have rent a whole loft for just nothing. So we could enjoy the trip by spending money only for going out at night. The city offered us great views and she still doing that. The Wenzels place and the bars and retaurants around it was the place we...
Read our members' travel tips about Prague
- Golden Lane in Prague
travel tip by Johan posted more then 30 days ago
Ocated in the northern area of the Castle district, Golden Lane is a small street with picturesque and colorful houses, some of them date back to the 16th century. The name of the street has got two possible origins. One is that the...
- Charles Bridge in Prague
travel tip by Wazling posted more then 30 days ago
If you make a must see list before you go to Prague, Charles Bridge has to be on your list. This wonderful Gothic bridge was ordered by Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV and built in 1357. Now it's a pedestrian area and is a meeting spot...
- Kampa Island
travel tip by Belinda posted more then 30 days ago
If you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than...
Members Who Have Been to Prague
Community Galleries About Prague
- cheapoair.com$340Multiple AirlinesInbound
Boston, MA (BOS) → Prague, CZ (PRG)
10/19/2021 08:25 pmOutbound
Prague, CZ (PRG) → Boston, MA (BOS)
10/26/2021 03:45 pm
- cheapoair.com$567Tap airwaysInbound
Newark, NJ (EWR) → Prague, CZ (PRG)
10/12/2021 05:55 pmOutbound
Prague, CZ (PRG) → Newark, NJ (EWR)
10/20/2021 01:30 pm
- cheapoair.com$634Multiple AirlinesInbound
Los Angeles, CA (LAX) → Prague, CZ (PRG)
11/03/2021 08:00 pmOutbound
Prague, CZ (PRG) → Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
11/16/2021 11:35 am