St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > St. Vitus Cathedral
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The construction of the cathedral began in 1344 and it was only finalized in 1929. As it was built in such a long period of time, it includes more styles, but the Gothic and neo-Gothic are dominant. Both the inside and the outside are impressive. It has huge windows of stained glass, vaulted ceilings and other amazing architectural details. You simply can't leave Prague without visiting the cathedral.
Inside the Prague Castle complex.
The Western wing is free, ticket to the tower, crypt and tombs costs about $18.
Mar. to Oct.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 17
Sun 12 – 16
Nov. to Feb.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 16
Sun 12 – 16
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Dox Center for Contemporary ArtA combination of very large and very small spaces characterises Dox Center for Contemporary Art best. The main hall is 7000 square feet large and its walls 100 m tall. This gives home to major exhibitions. In the tower of the building there [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Prague CastleThere is so much to see and do in Prague Castle that you will have to give it at least one afternoon. But then, it's perfectly worth every second. The Castle is actually a whole town of wonderful sights: the Royal Palace, galleries, a [...]D: n/a00
- National museum - the worl in picturesThis 'exhibition' it could be made by everyone, who want to enjoy this proposal. Is a brand new initiation, it is an ambition to the museum could quickly become one of the largest photo database, made by everyone, from different cities, [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Museum of Communism in PragueThe whole place has got an interesting air of being made by hobby-historians. The Museum of Communism is in a small place and looks a little chaotic at first sight, nothing like the House of Terror from Budapest. Still, it is a good [...]D: 1.8mi20
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
New Norfolk, Australia
Norfolk Island is the best place to live, to travel and to relax. It is a beautiful island with sandy beaches, high mountains covered with tall...
General: Heaven on earth
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
Sibelius is probably the most famous Finnish composer of classical music, and even if you don't particularly like his works, the monument...
Sightseeing: Sibelius Monument
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
Saint Petersburg, Russia
If you are low on money while visiting Saint Petersburg, don't despair. This city has enough good restaurant to feed an entire horde of starved...
Food: Chainaya Lozhka fast-food restaurant
Somalia is full of poverty and dangerous i recommend to choose another destination
General: Dont go
The best place for kids in the whole city is definitely the Fairytale Town in downtown Sacramento. Children can play around all day, or visit the...
Family & Fun: Fairytale Town
Key Arena is the location of the best events in Seattle. From the greatest sports games to the best concerts that rock the city! Come here to...
Sports & Wellness : Key Arena
Truc Lam Pagoda (or Thien Vien Truc Lam in Vietnamese ) is a Zen Buddhist located on Phuong Hoang Mountain, about 5 kilometers far from the...
General: Truc Lam Pagoda