St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > St. Vitus Cathedral
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The construction of the cathedral began in 1344 and it was only finalized in 1929. As it was built in such a long period of time, it includes more styles, but the Gothic and neo-Gothic are dominant. Both the inside and the outside are impressive. It has huge windows of stained glass, vaulted ceilings and other amazing architectural details. You simply can't leave Prague without visiting the cathedral.
Inside the Prague Castle complex.
The Western wing is free, ticket to the tower, crypt and tombs costs about $18.
Mar. to Oct.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 17
Sun 12 – 16
Nov. to Feb.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 16
Sun 12 – 16
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Dancing House in PragueMaybe the most interesting example of modern architecture in Prague is the Dancing House (also called Fred and Ginger). It was constructed in 1996 by the famous Canadian architect Frank Gehry and Czech architect Vlado Milunic. The curved [...]D: n/a00
- Famous city of the FenstersturzTake a look at the Karls bridge and the city palace Hradschin. There the 30years war begun, when the people threw the officers of the emperor out of an window. [...]D: 1.7mi10
- Dox Center for Contemporary ArtA combination of very large and very small spaces characterises Dox Center for Contemporary Art best. The main hall is 7000 square feet large and its walls 100 m tall. This gives home to major exhibitions. In the tower of the building there [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Kampa IslandIf you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than the [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Prague CastleThere is so much to see and do in Prague Castle that you will have to give it at least one afternoon. But then, it's perfectly worth every second. The Castle is actually a whole town of wonderful sights: the Royal Palace, galleries, a [...]D: n/a00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
If you are at Palma, you should definitely make an excursion through the backlands of the city. The nature there is very nice and there arent the...
Outdoors Activities: The marvellous nature surrounding the city
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
Kerala is one of the top-ranking tourist destinations in India. There are so many locations around the world in order to celebrate holidays. But if...
Sightseeing: Best Destinations in Kerala for Holiday Trip?
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Es gibt das ganze Jahr ueber einen grossen Zirkus und einen Rummel.
Family & Fun: Zirkus und Rummel
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
BZB is a bar located along serangoon garden estate. This is frequented by many of the regulars as well as many groups of people who like to chill...
Night Life & Entertainment: BZB (Bar)
Arusha is safari city and nearby Kilimanjaro International Airport, JRO whereby International Airlines arrives bringing tourists. Airport transfers...
Sightseeing: Sightseeing tours Arusha, wildlife safari places
New York, New York
Agora Gallery, established 1984, is a fine art gallery dedicated to the promotion of national and international artists, providing quality and...
History & Culture: Agora Gallery
San Antonio, Texas
Just across from the popular Riverwalk, The Alamo is a historical landmark with a rich and heroic history. Originally built as a mission, the...
History & Culture: The Alamo