St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > St. Vitus Cathedral
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The construction of the cathedral began in 1344 and it was only finalized in 1929. As it was built in such a long period of time, it includes more styles, but the Gothic and neo-Gothic are dominant. Both the inside and the outside are impressive. It has huge windows of stained glass, vaulted ceilings and other amazing architectural details. You simply can't leave Prague without visiting the cathedral.
Inside the Prague Castle complex.
The Western wing is free, ticket to the tower, crypt and tombs costs about $18.
Mar. to Oct.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 17
Sun 12 – 16
Nov. to Feb.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 16
Sun 12 – 16
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Old Town Hall and Astronomical ClockOne of the most beautiful buildings in Prague is the Old Town Hall, but it's architectural beauty looses it's importance when you first glance at the 15th century Astronomical Clock. This special clock does not show the hour and [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Golden Lane in PragueOcated in the northern area of the Castle district, Golden Lane is a small street with picturesque and colorful houses, some of them date back to the 16th century. The name of the street has got two possible origins. One is that the [...]D: n/a00
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
- National museum - the worl in picturesThis 'exhibition' it could be made by everyone, who want to enjoy this proposal. Is a brand new initiation, it is an ambition to the museum could quickly become one of the largest photo database, made by everyone, from different cities, [...]D: 0.2mi10
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
London, United Kingdom
While I was at my internship for six months in awesome awesome UK, I thought shopping would definitely be out of the subject – due to the...
Shopping: The best place to shop in the UK !!!!!
If you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the...
Public Transportation: Check the bus and train schedules
Go snorkling or scuba diving. Eat lots of fish at any of the Seafood restaurants - make sure you don't just eat the hotels, street food is often...
Outdoors Activities: Snorkling or scuba diving
If you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine....
Food: Casa dei Ciliegi
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
Visit Bratislava in November or December if you would like to see all the streets decorated, beautiful Christmas trees on the squares and of course...
Family & Fun: Christmas Market, Bratislava
This famous plaza, which has been erected during the 1930s has become a tragic landmark in American history. This was the place where the United...
History & Culture: Dealey Plaza
A history museum that lives. There is nothing more interesting and engaging than traveling back in time, and at the Old Cowtown Museum that is what...
History & Culture: Old Cowtown Museum