St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > St. Vitus Cathedral
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The construction of the cathedral began in 1344 and it was only finalized in 1929. As it was built in such a long period of time, it includes more styles, but the Gothic and neo-Gothic are dominant. Both the inside and the outside are impressive. It has huge windows of stained glass, vaulted ceilings and other amazing architectural details. You simply can't leave Prague without visiting the cathedral.
Inside the Prague Castle complex.
The Western wing is free, ticket to the tower, crypt and tombs costs about $18.
Mar. to Oct.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 17
Sun 12 – 16
Nov. to Feb.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 16
Sun 12 – 16
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Art Deco GalerieIf you want to buy a really stylish souvenir and have some extra money to spend, Art Deco Galerie is a great place. They sell items from the golden era of the city, the 1920s and '30s. They have a lot of nice things from tiny perfume [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Museum of Communism in PragueThe whole place has got an interesting air of being made by hobby-historians. The Museum of Communism is in a small place and looks a little chaotic at first sight, nothing like the House of Terror from Budapest. Still, it is a good [...]D: 1.8mi20
- Dancing House in PragueMaybe the most interesting example of modern architecture in Prague is the Dancing House (also called Fred and Ginger). It was constructed in 1996 by the famous Canadian architect Frank Gehry and Czech architect Vlado Milunic. The curved [...]D: n/a00
- Franz Kafka MuseumAs Prague is the birthplace of Kafka, this genius of literature, Franz Kafka Museum is a must see if you're in the city. The museum was moved here from Barcelona in 1999, and let's admit, Prague is a much better place for it as the [...]D: n/a10
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
New Norfolk, Australia
Norfolk Island is the best place to live, to travel and to relax. It is a beautiful island with sandy beaches, high mountains covered with tall...
General: Heaven on earth
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
There is an Olympic Park in Munich called Olympiapark there. It's really nice, it even has a pond. Close to it there is a communication tower. If...
General: The Olympiapark from Munich
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
Nothing could be compared to the experience you gain through a visit to the Wind Wolves Preserve in the wildflower season. You have to call ahead...
Outdoors Activities: Wind Wolves Preserve
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
Dominating the center of the town, City Hall has been one of the tallest habitable buildings in the world until 1908. Designed by architect John...
Sightseeing: The City Hall of Philadelphia