St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > St. Vitus Cathedral
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The construction of the cathedral began in 1344 and it was only finalized in 1929. As it was built in such a long period of time, it includes more styles, but the Gothic and neo-Gothic are dominant. Both the inside and the outside are impressive. It has huge windows of stained glass, vaulted ceilings and other amazing architectural details. You simply can't leave Prague without visiting the cathedral.
Inside the Prague Castle complex.
The Western wing is free, ticket to the tower, crypt and tombs costs about $18.
Mar. to Oct.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 17
Sun 12 – 16
Nov. to Feb.:
Mon-Sat 9 – 16
Sun 12 – 16
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Church of St. Nicholas in PragueI do love Prague for many reasons and let me admit, the Church of St. Nicholas is one of them. The church is a breathtaking example of the baroque architecture from the early 18th century. While the outside might not look that sparkling [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Franz Kafka MuseumAs Prague is the birthplace of Kafka, this genius of literature, Franz Kafka Museum is a must see if you're in the city. The museum was moved here from Barcelona in 1999, and let's admit, Prague is a much better place for it as the [...]D: n/a10
- Kampa IslandIf you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than the [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Dancing House in PragueMaybe the most interesting example of modern architecture in Prague is the Dancing House (also called Fred and Ginger). It was constructed in 1996 by the famous Canadian architect Frank Gehry and Czech architect Vlado Milunic. The curved [...]D: n/a00
- Art Deco GalerieIf you want to buy a really stylish souvenir and have some extra money to spend, Art Deco Galerie is a great place. They sell items from the golden era of the city, the 1920s and '30s. They have a lot of nice things from tiny perfume [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you are want to Köln, you can go to a great festival in february. This festival is one of the biggest in europa.
General: The great festival of Köln
London, United Kingdom
Greenwich Royal Observatory was amazing. It is perfect for families with children or those who just like astronomy. You only have to pay for the...
Outdoors Activities: Greenwich Observatory
Manchester, United Kingdom
Never stops raining.
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Though it is a bit far from the city (about 88 miles to the North), it is a place which is worth a visit, even if you're not a pilgrim or a...
History & Culture: Fatima near Lisbon
Visit the beautiful Saint Michael's church...it is the symbol of the city besides the statue of King Matthias sitting on his horse..one of the...
General: Cluj Napoca
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
I am a loving lady who is seeking for my true love, I want to end my loneliness
General: Am a good girl
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach