Franz Kafka Museum, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Franz Kafka Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The museum has got two parts. In one exhibition room you will find objects from Kafka's life and work, from manuscripts to his diaries and letters. On the other 'level' you will encounter the writer's Prague via documentaries, audio guides and a 3D tour. It's called the Imaginary Topography of Prague and it's very interesting.
Adults 120KC (about $6)
Students 60KC (about $3)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Old Town Hall and Astronomical ClockOne of the most beautiful buildings in Prague is the Old Town Hall, but it's architectural beauty looses it's importance when you first glance at the 15th century Astronomical Clock. This special clock does not show the hour and [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Dancing House in PragueMaybe the most interesting example of modern architecture in Prague is the Dancing House (also called Fred and Ginger). It was constructed in 1996 by the famous Canadian architect Frank Gehry and Czech architect Vlado Milunic. The curved [...]D: n/a00
- Prague CastleThere is so much to see and do in Prague Castle that you will have to give it at least one afternoon. But then, it's perfectly worth every second. The Castle is actually a whole town of wonderful sights: the Royal Palace, galleries, a [...]D: n/a00
- Church of St. Nicholas in PragueI do love Prague for many reasons and let me admit, the Church of St. Nicholas is one of them. The church is a breathtaking example of the baroque architecture from the early 18th century. While the outside might not look that sparkling [...]D: 2.8mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Are so many things/programs to do in this nature park. If you like nature and walking trips, I wound recommanded this place for you and I think one...
Family & Fun: Nature park thun
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Saint Petersburg, Russia
I you ask me, all of Saint Petersburg is definitely worth visiting, but if you don't feel like walking around all the town in search of cool...
History & Culture: The Historic Center of Saint Petersburg
There are so many interesting and fun places to go with families and kids, and the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is one the best. Though...
Family & Fun: Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Lark in the Morning is probably the greatest musical instrument store I have seen. Besides the 'classic' instruments they have all kinds of ethnic...
Shopping: Lark in the Morning