Church of St. Nicholas in Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Church of St. Nicholas in Prague
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is a huge statue of St. Nicholas looking down from the high altar. The walls are guilded and filled with wonderfully colored icons. The hude marble columns, also decorated with gold are also stunning. It's also great for some silent meditation, you can really feel the grandeur of superior powers... :)
Malostranské náměstí 272/1, 118 00 Prague 1-Malá Strana, Czech Republic
Adults 60KC (about $3)
Children 30KC (about $1.5)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Prague CastleThere is so much to see and do in Prague Castle that you will have to give it at least one afternoon. But then, it's perfectly worth every second. The Castle is actually a whole town of wonderful sights: the Royal Palace, galleries, a [...]D: n/a00
- Kampa IslandIf you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than the [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Old Town Hall and Astronomical ClockOne of the most beautiful buildings in Prague is the Old Town Hall, but it's architectural beauty looses it's importance when you first glance at the 15th century Astronomical Clock. This special clock does not show the hour and [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
This is a Cathedral that was built on top of an arabic mosque after the Cristians came into this region of Spain. The Catedral de la Encarnacion...
General: Malaga Cathedral
If you would ask me which attractions do I recommend you if you visit Sopron, it would be a hard question, because you can spend hours in the old...
Sightseeing: Walking in the old city center
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Only a couple of miles from Atlantic City, near Margate, this amazing and quite interesting sight is a picture-perfect destination. Kids love Lucy...
Sightseeing: Lucy the Elephant
Corpus Christi, Texas
Do go for a visit to the Port Aransas Birding Center, if only for the photos. The beach is so clean and tranquil, and there are so many birds to...
Family & Fun: Port Aransas Birding Center
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Called also a Latin restaurant, this place has such fine food that it makes you return each time just for another taste. The Seviche Restaurant...
Food: Seviche Restaurant