Church of St. Nicholas in Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Church of St. Nicholas in Prague
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is a huge statue of St. Nicholas looking down from the high altar. The walls are guilded and filled with wonderfully colored icons. The hude marble columns, also decorated with gold are also stunning. It's also great for some silent meditation, you can really feel the grandeur of superior powers... :)
Malostranské náměstí 272/1, 118 00 Prague 1-Malá Strana, Czech Republic
Adults 60KC (about $3)
Children 30KC (about $1.5)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Kampa IslandIf you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than the [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- National museum - the worl in picturesThis 'exhibition' it could be made by everyone, who want to enjoy this proposal. Is a brand new initiation, it is an ambition to the museum could quickly become one of the largest photo database, made by everyone, from different cities, [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Franz Kafka MuseumAs Prague is the birthplace of Kafka, this genius of literature, Franz Kafka Museum is a must see if you're in the city. The museum was moved here from Barcelona in 1999, and let's admit, Prague is a much better place for it as the [...]D: n/a10
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Burj Al Arab is supposed to be the most expensive hotel in the world. When I went there I told the guard that I was in Dubai for a travel...
Sightseeing: Burj Al Arab
If you want to enjoy the most Ravensburg hast got to offer, come there in july, when the 'Rutenfest' is being celebrated.
General: Rutenfest in July
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
The best time to visit Jaipur is during Sept-Oct or during the Feb-March months.
General: Best time to travel
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
This huge arena is just on the banks of the Detroit River and until now has hosted the Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings 11 times. It is the...
Sports & Wellness : The Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit
Mostly to aircraft buffs, but for those who are interested in some history concerning planes in the wars, or you just want to look at planes from...
Sightseeing: March Field Air Museum
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing