Church of St. Nicholas in Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Church of St. Nicholas in Prague
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is a huge statue of St. Nicholas looking down from the high altar. The walls are guilded and filled with wonderfully colored icons. The hude marble columns, also decorated with gold are also stunning. It's also great for some silent meditation, you can really feel the grandeur of superior powers... :)
Malostranské náměstí 272/1, 118 00 Prague 1-Malá Strana, Czech Republic
Adults 60KC (about $3)
Children 30KC (about $1.5)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Prague
- National museum - the worl in picturesThis 'exhibition' it could be made by everyone, who want to enjoy this proposal. Is a brand new initiation, it is an ambition to the museum could quickly become one of the largest photo database, made by everyone, from different cities, [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Strahov Monastery and LibraryIn 1143 Vladislav II founded Strahov Monastery, the second oldest of its kind in Prague. It is the home of Premonstratensian monks and a wonderful library with an exceptional collection of theological and philosophical works.The quarters [...]D: 3.5mi01
- Franz Kafka MuseumAs Prague is the birthplace of Kafka, this genius of literature, Franz Kafka Museum is a must see if you're in the city. The museum was moved here from Barcelona in 1999, and let's admit, Prague is a much better place for it as the [...]D: n/a10
- Old Town Hall and Astronomical ClockOne of the most beautiful buildings in Prague is the Old Town Hall, but it's architectural beauty looses it's importance when you first glance at the 15th century Astronomical Clock. This special clock does not show the hour and [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Shanghai, ancient temples nestled between high-rise buildings are not an uncommon sight. Jingan Temple, a Buddhist temple built in the 3rd...
History & Culture: Jingan Temple
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Boston's most beautiful church, in my opinion is the Trinity Church. The Romanesque style building was consacrated in 1877 and is one of...
History & Culture: Trinity Church Boston
Buena Park, California
Knott's Berry Farm is a great distraction for a family or a group of friends. There are so many things to do there! They have a fiesta village...
Family & Fun: Knott's Berry Farm
El Paso, Texas
I would say this restaurant is one of the best in whole El Paso. The Crave Kitchen and Bar has not only great service but excellent food too. If I...
Food: Crave Kitchen and Bar
I am a nice and good looking girl tall and slim that searching for a man
General: I am a good looking girl