Old Town Hall and Astronomical Clock, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Old Town Hall and Astronomical Clock
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In every hour there is an interesting and not very 21st century performance going on. Two door open in the clock and 4 medieval symbols of evil start to shake and dance under the quaint supervision of the 12 holy apostles. The 4 evil persons include a Turk and a Jew, this latter is now politely called Greed. :)
Old Town Square 1/3, 110 00 Prague 1-Old Town, Czech Republic
About $3 for adults and $2 for kids.
On the web:
To take revenge, Hanus threw himself into the clock and died, making his work inoperable for more than a hundred years.Reply
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Dox Center for Contemporary ArtA combination of very large and very small spaces characterises Dox Center for Contemporary Art best. The main hall is 7000 square feet large and its walls 100 m tall. This gives home to major exhibitions. In the tower of the building there [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Old Jewish CemeteryOne of the oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe and generally one of the most crowded ones in the world is Prague's Old Jewish Cemetery. It dates back to the 15th century and there are more than 20,000 people buried in this 1 block area. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Charles Bridge in PragueIf you make a must see list before you go to Prague, Charles Bridge has to be on your list. This wonderful Gothic bridge was ordered by Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV and built in 1357. Now it's a pedestrian area and is a meeting spot of [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Famous city of the FenstersturzTake a look at the Karls bridge and the city palace Hradschin. There the 30years war begun, when the people threw the officers of the emperor out of an window. [...]D: 1.7mi10
- Kampa IslandIf you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than the [...]D: 2.6mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We had so much fun in Casa del Popolo, that every time we go to Montreal we step by the pub and have a drink and a sandwich. They have an...
Night Life & Entertainment: Casa del Popolo in Montreal
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
This temple is the collection of Idols and artistic remains recovered from ground which shows the history of 2000 year old based on Brahmi...
Family & Fun: Mahudi Jain Temple
Not far from Piazza del Plebiscite is the Galleria Umberto I. The Galleria was built at the end of the 19th century as a department store. The...
Shopping: Galleria Umberto I
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
The main street of the city is the most beautiful main street I have seen in Transsylvania. The buildings are constructed from the 16th to the...
Sightseeing: Main street of Sibiu
THis is the best place to live, work and vacation.
General: Fun in the Sun
Serving Mexican and other Latin American dishes, the Los Nopales Tucson wows you with their food preparations. Though not flashy from the outside,...
Food: Los Nopales Tucson
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing