Old Town Hall and Astronomical Clock, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Old Town Hall and Astronomical Clock
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In every hour there is an interesting and not very 21st century performance going on. Two door open in the clock and 4 medieval symbols of evil start to shake and dance under the quaint supervision of the 12 holy apostles. The 4 evil persons include a Turk and a Jew, this latter is now politely called Greed. :)
Old Town Square 1/3, 110 00 Prague 1-Old Town, Czech Republic
About $3 for adults and $2 for kids.
On the web:
To take revenge, Hanus threw himself into the clock and died, making his work inoperable for more than a hundred years.Reply
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Charles Bridge in PragueIf you make a must see list before you go to Prague, Charles Bridge has to be on your list. This wonderful Gothic bridge was ordered by Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV and built in 1357. Now it's a pedestrian area and is a meeting spot of [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Franz Kafka MuseumAs Prague is the birthplace of Kafka, this genius of literature, Franz Kafka Museum is a must see if you're in the city. The museum was moved here from Barcelona in 1999, and let's admit, Prague is a much better place for it as the [...]D: n/a10
- Art Deco GalerieIf you want to buy a really stylish souvenir and have some extra money to spend, Art Deco Galerie is a great place. They sell items from the golden era of the city, the 1920s and '30s. They have a lot of nice things from tiny perfume [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Kampa IslandIf you go towards Lesser Town from Charles bridge, you will see Kampa Island on the left side. It is bordered by Vltava on one side and on the other one by Devil's Stream, a small artificial creek. Kampa is much more tranquil than the [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
The Cathedral of Havana's saint, San Cristobal is one of the most visited sights of Habana Vieja. It is located in the Cathedral Square and was...
Sightseeing: Catedral de San Cristobal in Havana
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
Easter in Egypt Package - Egypt Tour $ 949 per person and single supplement is $ 320 DAY 01: THU 05 APRIL - Upon arrival at Cairo...
General: Easter egypt package $949
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We just visited the Petronas Twin Towers and were looking for a place to have lunch when we found the Top Hat Restaurant. It looked so nice from...
Food: Top Hat Restaurant
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
Food is excellent and they have the best prices in town during happy hour, many things for $1. Unbeatable. Staff is also great, the environment...
Food: Applebee's Neighborhood Bar and Grille
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Manhattan Beach, California
When in Manhattan Beach, make sure you take the time to walk down to the pier. It’s not only a good view over the ocean, but also a nice place to...
Sightseeing: Manhattan Beach Pier
Accessible to public, being free (though donations are accepted), the Freedom Park Navy Museum is a gem across the Missouri River. Several...
History & Culture: Freedom Park Navy Museum