Old Town Hall and Astronomical Clock, Prague, Czech Republic
Travel tips > Europe > Czech Republic > Prague > Old Town Hall and Astronomical Clock
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In every hour there is an interesting and not very 21st century performance going on. Two door open in the clock and 4 medieval symbols of evil start to shake and dance under the quaint supervision of the 12 holy apostles. The 4 evil persons include a Turk and a Jew, this latter is now politely called Greed. :)
Old Town Square 1/3, 110 00 Prague 1-Old Town, Czech Republic
About $3 for adults and $2 for kids.
On the web:
To take revenge, Hanus threw himself into the clock and died, making his work inoperable for more than a hundred years.Reply
Recent travel tips for Prague
- Art Deco GalerieIf you want to buy a really stylish souvenir and have some extra money to spend, Art Deco Galerie is a great place. They sell items from the golden era of the city, the 1920s and '30s. They have a lot of nice things from tiny perfume [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Museum of Communism in PragueThe whole place has got an interesting air of being made by hobby-historians. The Museum of Communism is in a small place and looks a little chaotic at first sight, nothing like the House of Terror from Budapest. Still, it is a good [...]D: 1.8mi20
- St. Vitus CathedralThe most important and well known church in the Czech Republic, St. Vitus Cathedral dominates the skyline of Prague. It is located on the 3rd courtyard of the Prague Castle and is a burial ground of Czech kings, presidents and other [...]D: n/a11
- Bethlehem ChapelThere are quite many old churches in Prague, but Bethlehem Chapel is unique among them. This is the chapel where, in the early 15th century Jan Hus, the famous Czech theologian raised his word against the corruption of the Catholic Church [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Famous city of the FenstersturzTake a look at the Karls bridge and the city palace Hradschin. There the 30years war begun, when the people threw the officers of the emperor out of an window. [...]D: 1.7mi10
Things about Prague you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Go shopping or walk in the inner city. Have some coffee in one of the many restaurants or Cafes. Climb one of the towers and go up to the so...
General: Veitsburg, Basilika and Wolfegg Castle
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
Ahmedabad is a the finest example of cultural heritage, a place of diversity, oldest to latest trends, colors, festivals!!! Amazing. Food is...
General: City of Culture and Heritage
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Getting to know Tokyo and its background history might be a good and enlightening thing to visitors. This tour was everything we couldn't...
Sightseeing: Haunted Tokyo Tours
Established during the 1700s by a Quaker carpenter named William Fell, Fell's Point has grown into a major tourist attraction, drawing people...
Sightseeing: Fell's Point
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.