The Temple of Heaven, Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > The Temple of Heaven
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The interesting thing about the place is that you can see many people practicing singing, kung-fu or tai-chi, though this a quite common in any Chinese park. For Westerners, though, it is an interesting sight.
The Temple is also famous for its trees of various species. Though some of them are quite small, they are hundreds of years old, and still taken good care of. With all its inhabitants and buildings, The Temple of Heaven is a place to visit even if you spend only a little time in Beijing.
Tiantan Donglu, Chóngwén, Beijing, China
Admission in low season is Y10 and Y15 in high season.
Open daily 06:00-21:00 (park), 08:00-18:00 (sights)
How to get there:
With subway Line 5 travel to Tiantan Dongmen Station, exit on Exit A1and where you'll find the East Gate of the Park of Temple of Heaven.
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- A Brife Introduce for You the Ancient Street In BeijingChina travel is one of the most popular tour routes all over the world due to China is an old country with so many beautiful landscapes and historical sites. Traveling on holiday is becoming a new fashion and the good way to relieve [...]D: 8.3mi00
- Beijing HutongsHutongs are known as small passageways or streets, originated from the Yuan dynasty. They are the symbols of the everyday life of common people. And because so many locals who lived in these hutongs were happy with their ways of life, it [...]D: 11.5mi00
- The Lama Temple in BeijingDating back to the Qing dynasty, the Lama Temple is the most magnificent Buddhist temple in China. Built similarly to other great imperial buildings, with golden-tiled rooftops, red walls, multi-colored glaze tiles, the temple's [...]D: n/a00
- The Forbidden CityBuilt in 1420, the Forbidden City has been the sacred place of emperors, and was unreachable for any other man. Consisting of buildings, courtyards, gardens and halls, the 'city' is one of the world's largest palace complexes. The most [...]D: n/a00
- The Shangri-La Hotel in BeijingI had an amazing vacation and a superb stay in this upscale hotel the last time I visited Beijing. Truly a five-star-hotel, it was equipped with everything that could make your stay as enjoyable as it can be. It doesn't show from outside, [...]D: 12.3mi00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
London, United Kingdom
Drury Lane Royal Theatre is heaven for those who love theatre. The building is breathtaking from the inside, so elegant and magnificent. You feel...
History & Culture: Haunted Theatre
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
Using the metro is the best and fastest way to get around Moscow, although it might prove to be difficult to understand how things work. Metro...
Public Transportation: Use the Metro
Alberta is a nice Canadian province to require a road trip. the general public head W from city to metropolis so work their thanks to opaque gem...
General: The Ultimate Alberta Road Trip