The Shangri-La Hotel in Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > The Shangri-La Hotel in Beijing
- General travel tip
- City center
The staff was reeeal friendly and helpful in the whole hotel, especially in the restaurant, where I had my breakfast every morning. My room was gorgeous, spacious and clean and I slept in the most comfortable bed in years.
The only drawback was that it was quite far from the central district, but fortunately there were minibuses for free that took you into downtown Beijing.
Zizhuyuan Rd, Haidian, Beijing, China
Rooms from: €120 /night
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- Bianyifang Roast Duck Restaurant in BeijingWe tasted the most delicious roast duck ever in this cozy little restaurant on Happiness Street. The whole dish was crisp, fragrant and mouthwatering, we loved it. As we found out, the restaurant has a long history, being founded during [...]D: n/a00
- The Ming Tombs in BeijingIt was built originally for the emperor Zhu Di and his empresses, holding the name of Changling, than later mausoleums of other 12 emperors and their empresses were built around the main tomb. Interestingly the tomb of the first emperor who [...]D: n/a00
- Tiananmen SquareTiananmen Square is the larges public square in the world. Its name means Gate of Heavenly Peace and is one of the symbols of Beijing. You surely remember the confrontations between demonstrators and soldiers in 1989. You may have also [...]D: 9.2mi00
- The Lama Temple in BeijingDating back to the Qing dynasty, the Lama Temple is the most magnificent Buddhist temple in China. Built similarly to other great imperial buildings, with golden-tiled rooftops, red walls, multi-colored glaze tiles, the temple's [...]D: n/a00
- The Summer Palace in BeijingThe Emperor's getaway for centuries, the Summer Palace is the greatest and grandest imperial garden in whole China. Built as a place of recreation and rest for the emperor, the garden encompasses everything that is peaceful, harmonious and [...]D: n/a00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The view from Belfort Tower over this marvelous medieval city is something you don't want to miss. The 366 steps of this 83 meters tower are worth...
Sightseeing: Belfort Tower (Belfry of Bruges)
If you are intending to pick up a few interesting things on your travels to China, then Chinese antiques are the best idea. Most of the time they...
Shopping: Dongtai Lu Antiques Market
To learn more of a country's history it is best to visit it's museums, because this way you can get more in touch with the facts, objects and...
History & Culture: Museo de la Revolucion in Havana
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
Singapore City, Singapore
This place is the place to go for those who would like to go for a treasure hunt, for all types of items, as the saying “one’s man...
Shopping: Thieves Flea Market @ Sungei Road, Singapore
Food tours are a developing marvel the nation over and Boston, not to be beaten by any sister city, has its very own decent number. From testing...
Food: Italian Food Tour Of Boston
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Found in Hollywood, this restaurant serves Armenian food, which is a refreshing new thing in an American environment. We had to try out this...
Food: Hollywood Grill in Fort Lauderdale
The Portland Saturday Market is actually open on Sundays as well, and it is the largest outdoor arts and crafts market in the United States. It...
Shopping: Portland Saturday Market
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing