The Lama Temple in Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > The Lama Temple in Beijing
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most beautiful sight of the whole place might be the archways, each of the becoming bigger as you move forward; and the 18m-high Maitreya statue, sculpted from a single sandalwood tree and clothed in golden satin.
Unfortunately you are not allowed to take pictures inside the temple, but not to worry, with your ticket you receive a mini Lama Temple VCD, this way you don't even HAVE to take pictures! :)
12 Yonghegong Dajie, Beijxinqiao, Dongcheng District
How to get there:
By Bus 13, 116, 117 to Yonghegong, or taking the underground rail: Yonghegong-Lama Temple
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- Tiananmen Square in BeijingThe square is one of the most visited sights in Beijing, if not in China. It is a huge place, filled with locals and tourists alike and is the favored place of kite-fliers. You can watch many children running around, flying their kites. [...]D: n/a00
- The Great Wall of ChinaOne of the 7 wonders of the world and a man-made architectural sight that is visible from space, the Great Wall of China is a MUST-SEE if you travel to Beijing, or for that matter, to China. The wall has various stopping points where you [...]D: n/a00
- A Brife Introduce for You the Ancient Street In BeijingChina travel is one of the most popular tour routes all over the world due to China is an old country with so many beautiful landscapes and historical sites. Traveling on holiday is becoming a new fashion and the good way to relieve [...]D: 8.3mi00
- Liulichang Culture Street in BeijingTo feel and experience a little bit of historical China and explore a part of Beijing that is full of folklore and Chinese culture, than you must visit Liulichang Street in Xuanwu District, juts south of the Peace Gate. This street is full [...]D: n/a00
- The Summer Palace in BeijingThe Emperor's getaway for centuries, the Summer Palace is the greatest and grandest imperial garden in whole China. Built as a place of recreation and rest for the emperor, the garden encompasses everything that is peaceful, harmonious and [...]D: n/a00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to go shopping on a high level, go to Zurich. There´s much you can do there in that sense.
General: Shopping in the city center
Beijing Shi, China
[url=http://www.beijinglandscapes.com/huangshan-tour.html]Huangshan Tour [/url] [url=http://www.badaling-great-wall.com]Badaling Great Wall[/url]
General: Huangshan Tour
Bat Dat Royal is a nice little Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant near the city center of Freiburg. They have a pretty good buffet and at night they...
Food: Bat Dat Royal China-Vietnam Restaurant
London, United Kingdom
Westmindster Abbey is the traditional place for the coronation of the English monarchs since William the Conqueror in 1066. The gothic cathedral...
Sightseeing: Westmindster Abbey
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
A favorite haven for nature lovers and adventure seekers. An all-in-one tourist destination, you can savor nature at its best... powdery-white...
Sightseeing: Philippines' all-in-one tourist destination
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Fort Worth, Texas
Any type of GPS System is recommended .
General: GPS System
Though with wide spaces, the areas of the animals are thus arranged in the Milwaukee County Zoo that you can easily see the animals either taking a...
Family & Fun: Milwaukee County Zoo
Marriage is the start of new life of two different people. Everyone wants to mark this special event happen with unforgettable memories. Why...
General: Luxury Honeymoon holiday to Vietnam