The Lama Temple in Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > The Lama Temple in Beijing
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most beautiful sight of the whole place might be the archways, each of the becoming bigger as you move forward; and the 18m-high Maitreya statue, sculpted from a single sandalwood tree and clothed in golden satin.
Unfortunately you are not allowed to take pictures inside the temple, but not to worry, with your ticket you receive a mini Lama Temple VCD, this way you don't even HAVE to take pictures! :)
12 Yonghegong Dajie, Beijxinqiao, Dongcheng District
How to get there:
By Bus 13, 116, 117 to Yonghegong, or taking the underground rail: Yonghegong-Lama Temple
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel in BeijingThe Crowne Plaza was renovated and remodeled in 2005 and though it doesn't have the typical Chinese charm it is a very comfortable, elegant and modern place which is about 20-minutes walk to the Forbidden City and other major attractions. [...]D: 10mi00
- The Summer Palace in BeijingThe Emperor's getaway for centuries, the Summer Palace is the greatest and grandest imperial garden in whole China. Built as a place of recreation and rest for the emperor, the garden encompasses everything that is peaceful, harmonious and [...]D: n/a00
- Fangshan Restaurant in BeijingWe've never tasted a deliciously and elaborately prepared meal such as the one we had at the Fangshan Restaurant in Beihai Park. This restaurant is famous for its imperial cuisine, serving dishes that were made for the emperors. The name of [...]D: n/a00
- The Temple of HeavenBigger than the Forbidden city, this park and religious complex is one of the main attractions of Beijing. Originally built during the Ming and Qing Dynasty, as the worshiping place of the emperor, the park is now a social center for locals [...]D: n/a00
- The Beijing ZooThe first zoo in China, the Beijing Zoo is a great destination for families or friends. It's main attractions are the pandas, of course, though I don't know why, you have to pay an extra admission fee to enter their dwelling place. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
At the very top of one of the surrounding mountains in Quito you will find a very big statue of the Virgin Mary standing on a dragon with a leash...
Sightseeing: Mirador Panecillo
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
The best time to of the year for booking a Myanmar tours specially for an Irrawaddy cruise holiday would be during the cool and dry season when the...
Outdoors Activities: Best Time for Irrawaddy Cruise experience
Alberta is a nice Canadian province to require a road trip. the general public head W from city to metropolis so work their thanks to opaque gem...
General: The Ultimate Alberta Road Trip
Key West, Florida
Beaches are for lazing around, getting tanned and swimming in the sea. For families it is the best place, where children can play all day long,...
Beaches : Rest Beach of Key West
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
Though located a few miles north of Stockton, the Micke Grove Regional Park and Zoo is a perfect destination for a day of fun and excitement. Kids...
Family & Fun: Micke Grove Regional Park and Zoo