The Lama Temple in Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > The Lama Temple in Beijing
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most beautiful sight of the whole place might be the archways, each of the becoming bigger as you move forward; and the 18m-high Maitreya statue, sculpted from a single sandalwood tree and clothed in golden satin.
Unfortunately you are not allowed to take pictures inside the temple, but not to worry, with your ticket you receive a mini Lama Temple VCD, this way you don't even HAVE to take pictures! :)
12 Yonghegong Dajie, Beijxinqiao, Dongcheng District
How to get there:
By Bus 13, 116, 117 to Yonghegong, or taking the underground rail: Yonghegong-Lama Temple
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- The Great Wall of ChinaOne of the 7 wonders of the world and a man-made architectural sight that is visible from space, the Great Wall of China is a MUST-SEE if you travel to Beijing, or for that matter, to China. The wall has various stopping points where you [...]D: n/a00
- A Brife Introduce for You the Ancient Street In BeijingChina travel is one of the most popular tour routes all over the world due to China is an old country with so many beautiful landscapes and historical sites. Traveling on holiday is becoming a new fashion and the good way to relieve [...]D: 8.3mi00
- Bianyifang Roast Duck Restaurant in BeijingWe tasted the most delicious roast duck ever in this cozy little restaurant on Happiness Street. The whole dish was crisp, fragrant and mouthwatering, we loved it. As we found out, the restaurant has a long history, being founded during [...]D: n/a00
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel in BeijingThe Crowne Plaza was renovated and remodeled in 2005 and though it doesn't have the typical Chinese charm it is a very comfortable, elegant and modern place which is about 20-minutes walk to the Forbidden City and other major attractions. [...]D: 10mi00
- The Beijing ZooThe first zoo in China, the Beijing Zoo is a great destination for families or friends. It's main attractions are the pandas, of course, though I don't know why, you have to pay an extra admission fee to enter their dwelling place. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Are so many things/programs to do in this nature park. If you like nature and walking trips, I wound recommanded this place for you and I think one...
Family & Fun: Nature park thun
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
Yangon is the former capital of Myanmar which boasts a distintive beauty with pagoda, river, old colonial buildings and scenic lakes. To enjoy...
Outdoors Activities: Best visiting attractions in Myanmar
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
If you are looking for a really beautiful place to relax, walk around, eat a sandwich or read a little sitting under an old tree, Harvard Yard is...
Sightseeing: Harvard Yard
Long Beach, California
This place offers some real good food and a fantastic atmosphere. I would say they really need to get the upstairs terasse open, but then that’s...
Food: Belmont Brewing Company