San Antonio Travel Tips, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Antonio travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these San Antonio travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (3)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Outdoors Activities (3)
- Food (3)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Sports & Wellness (1)
Browse San Antonio travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' San Antonio travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for San Antonio or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these San Antonio travel tips.
Recent travel tips for San Antonio
- Steves HomesteadThe most imposing and rich building we saw in San Antonio was the Steves Homestead, built in the late 19th century. Home of a wealthy tradesman, Edward Steves, the house and the whole property was later donated to the San Antonio [...]D: 7.9mi00
- San Antonio Missions National ParkYou can learn so many things if you decide to take part on a tour in the San Antonio Missions National Park. The missions that have been conserved and turned into historical landmark are all simple and beautiful and provide an image of true [...]D: 10.1mi00
- San Antonio WalksFor a better understanding of the city's history, taking part at one of the San Antonio Walks is the way to do it. They not just give you the facts, they tell you the story behind the facts. I haven't been to San Antonio before [...]D: 7.6mi00
- The AlamoJust across from the popular Riverwalk, The Alamo is a historical landmark with a rich and heroic history. Originally built as a mission, the building has been transformed into a museum and is now visited by people from all over the world. [...]D: 8mi00
- San Antonio Botanical GardenI've always enjoyed visiting botanical gardens, they can provide such a fascinating surrounding even in a really busy city. So it was understandable that while in town, I would visit the San Antonio Botanical Garden. And once again, I [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Boudro's BistroLocated on San Antonio's Riverwalk, Budro's Bistro is a small gem that serves excellent guacamole and other delicious Texan food. With a simple, tasteful style, the place is a favorite amongst visitors. Offering also a [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Las Canarias RestaurantRight on the Riverwalk, the Las Canarias Restaurant serves one of the finest Mexican foods you'll eat in San Antonio. Their staff is really great, though sometimes slow on delivering, but that didn't really bother us, we were there [...]D: 7.4mi00
- San Antonio Japanese Tea GardensWe had a relaxing afternoon walking through the San Antonio Japanese Tea Gardens and enjoying the warm, sunny day with a drink and a sandwich in our hands. :) We watched girls in kimonos, fishes in the small ponds and marveled on the [...]D: 6.6mi00
- McNay Art MuseumThough with a smaller collection than other Art Museums, the McNay Art Museum is a small treasure chest of artworks of the past 2 centuries. Only a few paintings or sculptures of famous names such as Cezanne or Picasso can be found here, [...]D: 7mi00
- San Antonio RodeoThe greatest show ever. The San Antonio Rodeo organizes shows from bullfighting, to rodeo and horse shows. All the events are super-exciting, you are holding your breath each time the situations get dangerous but you have so much fun all [...]D: 9.5mi00
- San Antonio RiverwalkEither make a stroll down the San Antonio Riverwalk, or go on a lunch/dinner cruise, or visit one of its highlights, maybe take part on an event, a festival. Whatever you do, it will be definitely worth it, because the Riverwalk is the [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Howl at the Moon SaloonThis club is the best in town. Open 7 days a week, the Howl at the Moon Saloon is a place where you can party as much as you want. It's so great to have a club that is open every night, because you might never know when you're up to [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Natural Bridge CavernsOriginally found by four university students in 1960, the Natural Bridge Caverns is now San Antonio's most major attraction. Several tours are organized for smaller and bigger groups, for more courageous and less adventurous people. [...]D: 18.9mi00
- La MargaritaFeaturing traditional Mexican food and oysters the La Margarita is a homey little restaurant in the heart of Market Square. With a really friendly service, the restaurant has become a popular dining place amongst visitors and locals as well [...]D: 7.1mi00
- Whispering Waters Day SpaI've spent the most perfect couple of hours in the Whispering Waters Day Spa. From the moment I stepped inside, through the massage and until the end when I took my leave, the staff was enormously generous and helpful, and I was so [...]D: 4.1mi10
Things about San Antonio you may be interested in
Recent San Antonio flights found by Travelgrove users
- $155 Southwest Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Dallas, TX (DAL) San Antonio, TX (SAT) 04/25/2017 06:10 am San Antonio, TX (SAT) Dallas, TX (DAL) 05/02/2017 09:30 pm
- $195 Multiple Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Denver, CO (DEN) San Antonio, TX (SAT) 03/15/2017 05:30 am San Antonio, TX (SAT) Denver, CO (DEN) 03/24/2017 01:05 pm
- $263 Southwest Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) San Antonio, TX (SAT) 03/15/2017 06:05 am San Antonio, TX (SAT) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) 03/22/2017 11:10 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is an awesome restaurant right by the beach. It's all about seafood and I would not exactly call it, great atmosphere or a place to go to...
Food: El Tintero II
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
This burial ground is located in the south of Marrakesh and it is a beautiful example of the Arabic art and architecture. It is a burial place...
Sightseeing: The Saadian Tombs
CLIMATE Morocco has several climatic zones, yet it is sunny for most of the year. Generally, the north has a Mediterranean climate, whereas it is...
History & Culture: Travel Tips For Morocco
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
Mexico City, Mexico
I think the ultimate Mexican experience I had part in was the Bazar del Sabado. It is a huge market with a lot of things from the fresh products of...
Shopping: Bazar del Sabado
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Though a little bit expensive, the Van Gogh Museum is an artistic jewel among all the naturalistic or historic museums that can be found in...
History & Culture: Van Gogh Museum
Buena Park, California
Knott's Berry Farm is a great distraction for a family or a group of friends. There are so many things to do there! They have a fiesta village...
Family & Fun: Knott's Berry Farm