San Antonio Travel Tips, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Antonio travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these San Antonio travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (3)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Outdoors Activities (3)
- Food (3)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Sports & Wellness (1)
Browse San Antonio travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' San Antonio travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for San Antonio or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these San Antonio travel tips.
Recent travel tips for San Antonio
- Steves HomesteadThe most imposing and rich building we saw in San Antonio was the Steves Homestead, built in the late 19th century. Home of a wealthy tradesman, Edward Steves, the house and the whole property was later donated to the San Antonio [...]D: 7.9mi00
- San Antonio Missions National ParkYou can learn so many things if you decide to take part on a tour in the San Antonio Missions National Park. The missions that have been conserved and turned into historical landmark are all simple and beautiful and provide an image of true [...]D: 10.1mi00
- San Antonio WalksFor a better understanding of the city's history, taking part at one of the San Antonio Walks is the way to do it. They not just give you the facts, they tell you the story behind the facts. I haven't been to San Antonio before [...]D: 7.6mi00
- The AlamoJust across from the popular Riverwalk, The Alamo is a historical landmark with a rich and heroic history. Originally built as a mission, the building has been transformed into a museum and is now visited by people from all over the world. [...]D: 8mi00
- San Antonio Botanical GardenI've always enjoyed visiting botanical gardens, they can provide such a fascinating surrounding even in a really busy city. So it was understandable that while in town, I would visit the San Antonio Botanical Garden. And once again, I [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Boudro's BistroLocated on San Antonio's Riverwalk, Budro's Bistro is a small gem that serves excellent guacamole and other delicious Texan food. With a simple, tasteful style, the place is a favorite amongst visitors. Offering also a [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Las Canarias RestaurantRight on the Riverwalk, the Las Canarias Restaurant serves one of the finest Mexican foods you'll eat in San Antonio. Their staff is really great, though sometimes slow on delivering, but that didn't really bother us, we were there [...]D: 7.4mi00
- San Antonio Japanese Tea GardensWe had a relaxing afternoon walking through the San Antonio Japanese Tea Gardens and enjoying the warm, sunny day with a drink and a sandwich in our hands. :) We watched girls in kimonos, fishes in the small ponds and marveled on the [...]D: 6.6mi00
- McNay Art MuseumThough with a smaller collection than other Art Museums, the McNay Art Museum is a small treasure chest of artworks of the past 2 centuries. Only a few paintings or sculptures of famous names such as Cezanne or Picasso can be found here, [...]D: 7mi00
- San Antonio RodeoThe greatest show ever. The San Antonio Rodeo organizes shows from bullfighting, to rodeo and horse shows. All the events are super-exciting, you are holding your breath each time the situations get dangerous but you have so much fun all [...]D: 9.5mi00
- San Antonio RiverwalkEither make a stroll down the San Antonio Riverwalk, or go on a lunch/dinner cruise, or visit one of its highlights, maybe take part on an event, a festival. Whatever you do, it will be definitely worth it, because the Riverwalk is the [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Howl at the Moon SaloonThis club is the best in town. Open 7 days a week, the Howl at the Moon Saloon is a place where you can party as much as you want. It's so great to have a club that is open every night, because you might never know when you're up to [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Natural Bridge CavernsOriginally found by four university students in 1960, the Natural Bridge Caverns is now San Antonio's most major attraction. Several tours are organized for smaller and bigger groups, for more courageous and less adventurous people. [...]D: 18.9mi00
- La MargaritaFeaturing traditional Mexican food and oysters the La Margarita is a homey little restaurant in the heart of Market Square. With a really friendly service, the restaurant has become a popular dining place amongst visitors and locals as well [...]D: 7.1mi00
- Whispering Waters Day SpaI've spent the most perfect couple of hours in the Whispering Waters Day Spa. From the moment I stepped inside, through the massage and until the end when I took my leave, the staff was enormously generous and helpful, and I was so [...]D: 4.1mi10
Things about San Antonio you may be interested in
Recent San Antonio flights found by Travelgrove users
- $172 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Orlando, FL (MCO) San Antonio, TX (SAT) 05/22/2018 06:15 pm San Antonio, TX (SAT) Orlando, FL (MCO) 05/27/2018 07:50 pm
- $187 Frontier Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Atlanta, GA (ATL) San Antonio, TX (SAT) 06/04/2018 06:01 am San Antonio, TX (SAT) Atlanta, GA (ATL) 06/19/2018 03:29 pm
- $258 Frontier Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time San Jose, CA (SJC) San Antonio, TX (SAT) 05/25/2018 06:25 am San Antonio, TX (SAT) San Jose, CA (SJC) 06/04/2018 07:59 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
Baile Felix, Romania
Baile Felix is the biggest resort in Romania. The main natural resource used in this resort for treatment is the thermal wather with the...
General: Treatment is the thermal wather
Anyone visiting Moscow will certainly need to go see the Red Square with the Kreml in the back. This is an amazing site simply because of it's...
Sightseeing: Red Square
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
If you like jazz music, than you will love this place. Almost every night there is live jazz music in the Chatterbox Jazz Club and though the bar...
Night Life & Entertainment: Chatterbox Jazz Club