McNay Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Antonio > McNay Art Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The whole place has a personal feeling to it, being smaller than original art museum, but considering the that the collections are set up in one of the most beautiful buildings in San Antonio, the home of the exhibitions is art in itself too. You shouldn't miss visiting this small jewel of the city, you will not regret it.
6000 N New Braunfels Ave, San Antonio, TX 78209, USA
$8 ($13 on special exhibitions) for adults and free for children.
General opening hours are from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Antonio
- San Antonio WalksFor a better understanding of the city's history, taking part at one of the San Antonio Walks is the way to do it. They not just give you the facts, they tell you the story behind the facts. I haven't been to San Antonio before [...]D: 7.6mi00
- San Antonio RiverwalkEither make a stroll down the San Antonio Riverwalk, or go on a lunch/dinner cruise, or visit one of its highlights, maybe take part on an event, a festival. Whatever you do, it will be definitely worth it, because the Riverwalk is the [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Las Canarias RestaurantRight on the Riverwalk, the Las Canarias Restaurant serves one of the finest Mexican foods you'll eat in San Antonio. Their staff is really great, though sometimes slow on delivering, but that didn't really bother us, we were there [...]D: 7.4mi00
- San Antonio Japanese Tea GardensWe had a relaxing afternoon walking through the San Antonio Japanese Tea Gardens and enjoying the warm, sunny day with a drink and a sandwich in our hands. :) We watched girls in kimonos, fishes in the small ponds and marveled on the [...]D: 6.6mi00
- Boudro's BistroLocated on San Antonio's Riverwalk, Budro's Bistro is a small gem that serves excellent guacamole and other delicious Texan food. With a simple, tasteful style, the place is a favorite amongst visitors. Offering also a [...]D: 7.6mi00
Things about San Antonio you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
You can the freshest fruits, vegetables and bakery in the Dallas Farmers Market every day of the week. No wonder the locals love to come and make...
Shopping: Dallas Farmers Market
Virginia Beach, Virginia
A three miles long oceanfront, the Virginia Beach Boardwalk is the main attraction of the city. Full of amusement parks, hotels, walk and bike...
Sightseeing: Virginia Beach Boardwalk
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing