The Alamo, San Antonio, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Antonio > The Alamo
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was amazing to see that being so close to the Riverwalk and in the heart of great buildings of the city, The Alamo managed to maintain its simplicity, its beautiful surrounding grounds and quietness. It was a worthwhile few hours we spent exploring the 'museum' and its surroundings.
955 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
10:00am to 5:30pm.
Recent travel tips for San Antonio
- San Antonio RiverwalkEither make a stroll down the San Antonio Riverwalk, or go on a lunch/dinner cruise, or visit one of its highlights, maybe take part on an event, a festival. Whatever you do, it will be definitely worth it, because the Riverwalk is the [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Natural Bridge CavernsOriginally found by four university students in 1960, the Natural Bridge Caverns is now San Antonio's most major attraction. Several tours are organized for smaller and bigger groups, for more courageous and less adventurous people. [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Whispering Waters Day SpaI've spent the most perfect couple of hours in the Whispering Waters Day Spa. From the moment I stepped inside, through the massage and until the end when I took my leave, the staff was enormously generous and helpful, and I was so [...]D: 4.1mi10
- Howl at the Moon SaloonThis club is the best in town. Open 7 days a week, the Howl at the Moon Saloon is a place where you can party as much as you want. It's so great to have a club that is open every night, because you might never know when you're up to [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Steves HomesteadThe most imposing and rich building we saw in San Antonio was the Steves Homestead, built in the late 19th century. Home of a wealthy tradesman, Edward Steves, the house and the whole property was later donated to the San Antonio [...]D: 7.9mi00
Things about San Antonio you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegowina
Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the business...
General: Hotel UNION
In Langenargen there is a beautiful castle.
General: Visit the beautiful castle
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
If you are at Weingarten you really should visit it´s baroque church, one of the biggest in germany.
History & Culture: The Basilika
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
If you are looking for some special, unusual gifts for someone, Ingebretsen's can offer you a wide selection of stuff that would make really good...
Shopping: Ingebretsen's in Minneapolis
Serving extremely delicious food in an eclectic, fusion-like cuisine, the 33rd Street Bistro is a local favorite. Being almost always full, it...
Food: 33rd Street Bistro