The Alamo, San Antonio, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Antonio > The Alamo
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was amazing to see that being so close to the Riverwalk and in the heart of great buildings of the city, The Alamo managed to maintain its simplicity, its beautiful surrounding grounds and quietness. It was a worthwhile few hours we spent exploring the 'museum' and its surroundings.
955 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
10:00am to 5:30pm.
Recent travel tips for San Antonio
- San Antonio Botanical GardenI've always enjoyed visiting botanical gardens, they can provide such a fascinating surrounding even in a really busy city. So it was understandable that while in town, I would visit the San Antonio Botanical Garden. And once again, I [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Steves HomesteadThe most imposing and rich building we saw in San Antonio was the Steves Homestead, built in the late 19th century. Home of a wealthy tradesman, Edward Steves, the house and the whole property was later donated to the San Antonio [...]D: 7.9mi00
- San Antonio RiverwalkEither make a stroll down the San Antonio Riverwalk, or go on a lunch/dinner cruise, or visit one of its highlights, maybe take part on an event, a festival. Whatever you do, it will be definitely worth it, because the Riverwalk is the [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Natural Bridge CavernsOriginally found by four university students in 1960, the Natural Bridge Caverns is now San Antonio's most major attraction. Several tours are organized for smaller and bigger groups, for more courageous and less adventurous people. [...]D: 18.9mi00
- San Antonio Missions National ParkYou can learn so many things if you decide to take part on a tour in the San Antonio Missions National Park. The missions that have been conserved and turned into historical landmark are all simple and beautiful and provide an image of true [...]D: 10.1mi00
Things about San Antonio you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Musée des Canonniers Sédentaires (Cannons Museum) presents a lot of documents and relevant material about the battle from Sainte Barbe and the...
Sightseeing: Musée des Canonniers Sédentaires
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
WE ARE RIGHTLY PROUD OF HAVING DISTINCTION TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE K2 BASE CAMP TRACK FROM HUSHE SIDE. AS BEING THE FIRST PAKISTANI GROUP WE...
General: TREK ADVENTURE SOCIETY GUJRAWALA
A popular sight in Brasov is Cetatuia (Little Fortress) build in the medieval ages and restored in the 1980's. Inside there is a restaurant really...
Sightseeing: Little Fortress (Cetatuia)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Featuring Polynesian food and designed in a tropical style, this was the most entertaining, and interesting restaurant I've ever been in. They...
Food: Mai-Kai Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature