The Alamo, San Antonio, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Antonio > The Alamo
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was amazing to see that being so close to the Riverwalk and in the heart of great buildings of the city, The Alamo managed to maintain its simplicity, its beautiful surrounding grounds and quietness. It was a worthwhile few hours we spent exploring the 'museum' and its surroundings.
955 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
10:00am to 5:30pm.
Recent travel tips for San Antonio
- Steves HomesteadThe most imposing and rich building we saw in San Antonio was the Steves Homestead, built in the late 19th century. Home of a wealthy tradesman, Edward Steves, the house and the whole property was later donated to the San Antonio [...]D: 7.9mi00
- McNay Art MuseumThough with a smaller collection than other Art Museums, the McNay Art Museum is a small treasure chest of artworks of the past 2 centuries. Only a few paintings or sculptures of famous names such as Cezanne or Picasso can be found here, [...]D: 7mi00
- San Antonio WalksFor a better understanding of the city's history, taking part at one of the San Antonio Walks is the way to do it. They not just give you the facts, they tell you the story behind the facts. I haven't been to San Antonio before [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Las Canarias RestaurantRight on the Riverwalk, the Las Canarias Restaurant serves one of the finest Mexican foods you'll eat in San Antonio. Their staff is really great, though sometimes slow on delivering, but that didn't really bother us, we were there [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Howl at the Moon SaloonThis club is the best in town. Open 7 days a week, the Howl at the Moon Saloon is a place where you can party as much as you want. It's so great to have a club that is open every night, because you might never know when you're up to [...]D: 7.5mi00
Things about San Antonio you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are aorund Bregenz at the time of july/august and if you like theater plays, you have definitely to visit the theater festival of Bregenz....
Night Life & Entertainment: Theater festival at the lake of Constance
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
9 days Incredible Egypt Package For Only $ 1899 per person in double room Single supplement $ 199 Only 3 departure dates April 17 & May 01,...
Sightseeing: 9 days incredible egypt package $1899
If you are at Athens, visit the Kerameikos, the ancient burial place of Athens. It is situated north east of the Acropolis. Some findings are also...
History & Culture: The ancient burial place Kerameikos
If you are at Galway, should should take a boat to the Aron Islands. There are 3 islands and at least the main islands offers you a great landscape...
Outdoors Activities: Aron Islands
I've never seen so many interesting bushes and plants and all of them for free. The Topiary Garden in Columbus is a work of art in itself. ...
Sightseeing: Topiary Garden
The view of the city and the river from the deck of the Detroit Princess Riverboat is beautiful and breathtaking. During the 2.5 hour trip, you can...
Sightseeing: Detroit Princess Riverboat
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Chris is the place where you will eat the best hot-dogs in Alabama. The diner was opened in 1917 and for many years was the hottest late-night spot...