The Alamo, San Antonio, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Antonio > The Alamo
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was amazing to see that being so close to the Riverwalk and in the heart of great buildings of the city, The Alamo managed to maintain its simplicity, its beautiful surrounding grounds and quietness. It was a worthwhile few hours we spent exploring the 'museum' and its surroundings.
955 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
10:00am to 5:30pm.
Recent travel tips for San Antonio
- San Antonio RodeoThe greatest show ever. The San Antonio Rodeo organizes shows from bullfighting, to rodeo and horse shows. All the events are super-exciting, you are holding your breath each time the situations get dangerous but you have so much fun all [...]D: 9.5mi00
- Whispering Waters Day SpaI've spent the most perfect couple of hours in the Whispering Waters Day Spa. From the moment I stepped inside, through the massage and until the end when I took my leave, the staff was enormously generous and helpful, and I was so [...]D: 4.1mi10
- Natural Bridge CavernsOriginally found by four university students in 1960, the Natural Bridge Caverns is now San Antonio's most major attraction. Several tours are organized for smaller and bigger groups, for more courageous and less adventurous people. [...]D: 18.9mi00
- San Antonio Botanical GardenI've always enjoyed visiting botanical gardens, they can provide such a fascinating surrounding even in a really busy city. So it was understandable that while in town, I would visit the San Antonio Botanical Garden. And once again, I [...]D: 7.6mi00
- McNay Art MuseumThough with a smaller collection than other Art Museums, the McNay Art Museum is a small treasure chest of artworks of the past 2 centuries. Only a few paintings or sculptures of famous names such as Cezanne or Picasso can be found here, [...]D: 7mi00
Things about San Antonio you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Vancouver, British Columbia
We loved to stay in Loden Hotel when we last visited Vancouver. It is located in a great are, close to the ocean and in a quite area. We didn't...
General: Loden Vancouver
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
When you are want to Köln, you can go to a great festival in february. This festival is one of the biggest in europa.
General: The great festival of Köln
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
Freedom Trail is an important memento of the history of the USA. It is a 4 km long trial with 16 sites, all landmarks of the history of the US...
History & Culture: Trail of Freedom
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Long Beach, California
A casual seafood restaurant, offering a wide variety of fish dishes with excellent service. Dining at the King's Fish House is a really a treat...
Food: King's Fish House
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant