Liulichang Culture Street in Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > Liulichang Culture Street in Beijing
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most notable shop from the whole street is the Rongbaozhai Bookshop, where you can find both modern and ancient paintings and authentic calligraphy. A busy, noisy park is a historical sight where Spring festivals were held, and fairs were organized, full of bazaars selling calligraphy, metallic works, stones, paintings and musical instruments.
The whole street is a little piece if ancient history which is quite worth visiting.
Nan Xinhua Jie, Xuanwu District
How to get there:
Take the Subway Line 2 until Hepingmen Station and exit on D1 or D2.
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- Tiananmen SquareTiananmen Square is the larges public square in the world. Its name means Gate of Heavenly Peace and is one of the symbols of Beijing. You surely remember the confrontations between demonstrators and soldiers in 1989. You may have also [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Beijing HutongsHutongs are known as small passageways or streets, originated from the Yuan dynasty. They are the symbols of the everyday life of common people. And because so many locals who lived in these hutongs were happy with their ways of life, it [...]D: 11.5mi00
- Tiananmen Square in BeijingThe square is one of the most visited sights in Beijing, if not in China. It is a huge place, filled with locals and tourists alike and is the favored place of kite-fliers. You can watch many children running around, flying their kites. [...]D: n/a00
- Fangshan Restaurant in BeijingWe've never tasted a deliciously and elaborately prepared meal such as the one we had at the Fangshan Restaurant in Beihai Park. This restaurant is famous for its imperial cuisine, serving dishes that were made for the emperors. The name of [...]D: n/a00
- A Brife Introduce for You the Ancient Street In BeijingChina travel is one of the most popular tour routes all over the world due to China is an old country with so many beautiful landscapes and historical sites. Traveling on holiday is becoming a new fashion and the good way to relieve [...]D: 8.3mi00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
Satu Mare, Romania
In the center of Satu Mare, there are some really nice things that you should visit while you are in the city. There is a big fountain in the...
Sightseeing: Lupa Capitolina and the Roman Catholic Cathedral
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
You get a glimpse in the 20th century Turkish artists viewpoints, life when you visit this amazing Istanbul Museum of Modern Art. The many...
History & Culture: Istanbul Museum of Modern Art
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
San Francisco, California
Lands End is a true San Francisco Gem. One of the beautiful trails hidden within the city. Follow this trail to the end, and take in spectacular...
Sightseeing: Lands End