Liulichang Culture Street in Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > Liulichang Culture Street in Beijing
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most notable shop from the whole street is the Rongbaozhai Bookshop, where you can find both modern and ancient paintings and authentic calligraphy. A busy, noisy park is a historical sight where Spring festivals were held, and fairs were organized, full of bazaars selling calligraphy, metallic works, stones, paintings and musical instruments.
The whole street is a little piece if ancient history which is quite worth visiting.
Nan Xinhua Jie, Xuanwu District
How to get there:
Take the Subway Line 2 until Hepingmen Station and exit on D1 or D2.
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- The Shangri-La Hotel in BeijingI had an amazing vacation and a superb stay in this upscale hotel the last time I visited Beijing. Truly a five-star-hotel, it was equipped with everything that could make your stay as enjoyable as it can be. It doesn't show from outside, [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Beijing HutongsHutongs are known as small passageways or streets, originated from the Yuan dynasty. They are the symbols of the everyday life of common people. And because so many locals who lived in these hutongs were happy with their ways of life, it [...]D: 11.5mi00
- The Summer Palace in BeijingThe Emperor's getaway for centuries, the Summer Palace is the greatest and grandest imperial garden in whole China. Built as a place of recreation and rest for the emperor, the garden encompasses everything that is peaceful, harmonious and [...]D: n/a00
- The Ming Tombs in BeijingIt was built originally for the emperor Zhu Di and his empresses, holding the name of Changling, than later mausoleums of other 12 emperors and their empresses were built around the main tomb. Interestingly the tomb of the first emperor who [...]D: n/a00
- Fangshan Restaurant in BeijingWe've never tasted a deliciously and elaborately prepared meal such as the one we had at the Fangshan Restaurant in Beihai Park. This restaurant is famous for its imperial cuisine, serving dishes that were made for the emperors. The name of [...]D: n/a00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The hotel Ambos Mundos, its name meaning Both Worlds, is famous for its association with Ernest Hemingway, who stayed in one of its rooms and wrote...
General: Hotel Ambos Mundos in Havana
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
If you are interested to know how the sultan palace looks like during the period of the Melaka Sultanate period. This Melaka sultanate Palace which...
Sightseeing: Melaka Sultanate Palace
Saint Petersburg, Russia
The Russian Museum is a must see when you're visiting Saint Petersburg. They have a huge collection of art, mainly paintings and sculptures, by...
History & Culture: Russian Museum
I was a bit excited to go dining to Benihana because it was the first time I have tasted sushi. My friend took me there saying it’s the best...
Food: Benihana - the best sushi in Detroit
Saint Louis, Missouri
Visit Arch, Science Center, Free St Louis Zoo, History Museum, Busch Stadium, City Museum, and Magic house.
Family & Fun: Gateway to the West
San Jose, California
I've never tasted Ethiopian food before, so it was something different for me to eat at the Zeni Ethiopian Restaurant. And it was a unique...
Food: Zeni Ethiopian Restaurant
Washington, District Of Columbia
Definitely the most famous attraction in Washington, the White House has attracted many visitors from all around the world. It is always amazing to...
History & Culture: The White House
First time to The Laughing Cat and I will recommend it to friends. The place has a welcoming ambiance, the food is not only delicious but you get...
Food: The Laughing Cat