Liulichang Culture Street in Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > Liulichang Culture Street in Beijing
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most notable shop from the whole street is the Rongbaozhai Bookshop, where you can find both modern and ancient paintings and authentic calligraphy. A busy, noisy park is a historical sight where Spring festivals were held, and fairs were organized, full of bazaars selling calligraphy, metallic works, stones, paintings and musical instruments.
The whole street is a little piece if ancient history which is quite worth visiting.
Nan Xinhua Jie, Xuanwu District
How to get there:
Take the Subway Line 2 until Hepingmen Station and exit on D1 or D2.
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- Tiananmen Square in BeijingThe square is one of the most visited sights in Beijing, if not in China. It is a huge place, filled with locals and tourists alike and is the favored place of kite-fliers. You can watch many children running around, flying their kites. [...]D: n/a00
- Bianyifang Roast Duck Restaurant in BeijingWe tasted the most delicious roast duck ever in this cozy little restaurant on Happiness Street. The whole dish was crisp, fragrant and mouthwatering, we loved it. As we found out, the restaurant has a long history, being founded during [...]D: n/a00
- Fangshan Restaurant in BeijingWe've never tasted a deliciously and elaborately prepared meal such as the one we had at the Fangshan Restaurant in Beihai Park. This restaurant is famous for its imperial cuisine, serving dishes that were made for the emperors. The name of [...]D: n/a00
- The Beijing ZooThe first zoo in China, the Beijing Zoo is a great destination for families or friends. It's main attractions are the pandas, of course, though I don't know why, you have to pay an extra admission fee to enter their dwelling place. [...]D: n/a00
- The Lama Temple in BeijingDating back to the Qing dynasty, the Lama Temple is the most magnificent Buddhist temple in China. Built similarly to other great imperial buildings, with golden-tiled rooftops, red walls, multi-colored glaze tiles, the temple's [...]D: n/a00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located at the center of Mont-Royal Plateau, this street is packed with shops for everyone's tastes, whether you're looking for souvenirs, antiques...
Shopping: Rue St.Denis in Montreal
Are you looking for a trip that offers you a chance to get off the beaten track in Northern Vietnam. In addition to that, it is still able to...
General: Off the beaten track Travel by Custom Vietnam Travel
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Built by Florida's first white settler, Frank Stranahan, in 1901, the building is the city's most oldest residential houses. It has a beautiful and...
History & Culture: The Stranahan House in Fort Lauderdale
Kansas City, Missouri
SEA LIFE Aquarium Kansas City will transport you into the amazing underwater world. Come nose to nose with sharks and prepare for astonishingly...
Family & Fun: SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium
Los Angeles, California
Love this place as many other Cheesecake Factories. Besides the awesome cheesecakes they also have some other real good dishes like the shepard's...
Food: Cheesecake Factory