Liulichang Culture Street in Beijing, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Beijing > Liulichang Culture Street in Beijing
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The most notable shop from the whole street is the Rongbaozhai Bookshop, where you can find both modern and ancient paintings and authentic calligraphy. A busy, noisy park is a historical sight where Spring festivals were held, and fairs were organized, full of bazaars selling calligraphy, metallic works, stones, paintings and musical instruments.
The whole street is a little piece if ancient history which is quite worth visiting.
Nan Xinhua Jie, Xuanwu District
How to get there:
Take the Subway Line 2 until Hepingmen Station and exit on D1 or D2.
Recent travel tips for Beijing
- The Beijing ZooThe first zoo in China, the Beijing Zoo is a great destination for families or friends. It's main attractions are the pandas, of course, though I don't know why, you have to pay an extra admission fee to enter their dwelling place. [...]D: n/a00
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel in BeijingThe Crowne Plaza was renovated and remodeled in 2005 and though it doesn't have the typical Chinese charm it is a very comfortable, elegant and modern place which is about 20-minutes walk to the Forbidden City and other major attractions. [...]D: 10mi00
- The Ming Tombs in BeijingIt was built originally for the emperor Zhu Di and his empresses, holding the name of Changling, than later mausoleums of other 12 emperors and their empresses were built around the main tomb. Interestingly the tomb of the first emperor who [...]D: n/a00
- The Great Wall of ChinaOne of the 7 wonders of the world and a man-made architectural sight that is visible from space, the Great Wall of China is a MUST-SEE if you travel to Beijing, or for that matter, to China. The wall has various stopping points where you [...]D: n/a00
- The Red Wall Hotel in BeijingThe best thing about the Red Wall Hotel was that it was really close to the main attractions that we wanted to visit, such as the Forbidden City, Beihai Park and Tiananmen Square. Though I didn't expect so much from the hotel, I've read [...]D: 10.5mi00
Things about Beijing you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Burj Al Arab is supposed to be the most expensive hotel in the world. When I went there I told the guard that I was in Dubai for a travel...
Sightseeing: Burj Al Arab
Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegowina
Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the business...
General: Hotel UNION
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
When any of us think about the Galapagos we usually think of huge tortoises and Charles Darwin the man who created the idea of evolution. The...
Sightseeing: Charles Darwin Station
You should definitely try out the 'Cave Bath' from Miskolc! It's an extraordinary experience...
Family & Fun: Cave bathing
Nightlife in Bangalore is amazing....it has umpteen number of pubs, lounges, restaurants, motels and hotels....this is the place to be ...:)
Night Life & Entertainment: The Vidhan Soudha
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Luxury Travel Vietnam - May 2015: This three day trip lets you discover the marvels of the Angkor Complex, including Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat,...
History & Culture: Fascinating Angkor Temples 3 days/2nights - Luxury Travel Vietnam
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro