Santa Monica Pier, Los Angeles, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Los Angeles > Santa Monica Pier
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Corner of Colorado Street and Ocean Avenue
free to visit, the actual ride on Ferris Wheel cos
any time, but you should go during the day.
How to get there:
Drive down the 10East and exit 4th Street. You should park somewhere by Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade and then walk down to the pier.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Los Angeles
- The LighthouseThis a nice little buffet with awesome Japanese food all you can eat. It's also not expensive and fun. They are always open and when I go there, I feel like keeling over and dying afterward, just can't stop eating :) [...]D: n/a30
- Mann's Chinese TheatreThis Chinese Theater with its pagodas and temples is certainly one of the strangest buildings in Hollywood. This place has almost been a holy location to some movie fans. In front of the Chinese Theater there are the hand prints of some [...]D: n/a11
- One day in L.A.Take about 30min to visit Hollywood, there is not much there, but it's worth 30min. The drive up towards the Hollywood sign, you can drive way up the hills between the residential area to get a good view over the city. Also, while in LA [...]D: 5mi00
- Rodeo DriveRodeo Drive is probably famous because of the movie "Pretty Woman". This is the place where rich people go for shopping and so did Julia Roberts in her famous movie. You'll find anything from Versace, Cartier, Tiffany's etc. on this [...]D: n/a10
- California Pizza KitchenI have never tasted such a mouthwatering, delicious pizza in my entire life as I had a few weeks ago in the California Pizza Kitchen. I never knew pizza could taste this good. Always wanted to try out a Mediterranean one with pineapple [...]D: 5.1mi00
Things about Los Angeles you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
We wanted to experience a quieter side of the hectic Havana city so we took a ferry to the La Regla district just across the bay. It was a good...
Outdoors Activities: Havana La Regla Ferry Trip
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
Los Cabos, Mexico
The dolphins never tire to amaze me with their curious and friendly approach towards us, people. They are such caring, and wonderful creatures, I...
Family & Fun: Cabo Dolphin Center
In France (so obviously in Lille too), there is a so called 'Fête du Cinema' (The Festival of Cinema). What's interesting about it is this: you...
Family & Fun: Fête du Cinema
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
Located in downtown Cleveland, the Terminal Tower is one the more imposing and historical buildings of the city. It is home to various businesses,...
History & Culture: Terminal Tower
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
A great place where the main 'course' of the evening has nothing to do with food but music. The Organ Stop Pizza is famous for its majestic...
Food: Organ Stop Pizza