Great Church of Scientology, Los Angeles, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Los Angeles > Great Church of Scientology
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The huge blue building once gave home to a hospital, the street on which the building stands is named after L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology.
The Church also provides different courses about the Principles of Scientology and also the famous IQ and personality tests.
Close to the church you can find the museum of the anti-psychiatric institution of Scientology, it is called Psychiatry: an industry of Death.
4810 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90027 USA
Free - at first.
Weekdays: 9am to 10pm.
Weekends: 9am to 6pm.
Recent travel tips for Los Angeles
- One day in L.A.Take about 30min to visit Hollywood, there is not much there, but it's worth 30min. The drive up towards the Hollywood sign, you can drive way up the hills between the residential area to get a good view over the city. Also, while in LA [...]D: 5mi00
- citizen smithIt's one of the great restaurants in Los Angeles, I really like it. The atmosphere is somehow very special, although the name would suggest the opposite. ;) There is a great terrace, that is the best part in Citizen Smith, very intimate, [...]D: 4.5mi10
- Farmer's MarketThe Farmer's Market is a nice place to buy some fresh produce. It's a historic market similar to what a European market would look like. Besides the fresh food, there are many little healthy restaurants available as well. I usually go [...]D: n/a00
- California Pizza KitchenI have never tasted such a mouthwatering, delicious pizza in my entire life as I had a few weeks ago in the California Pizza Kitchen. I never knew pizza could taste this good. Always wanted to try out a Mediterranean one with pineapple [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Six Flags Magic Mountain und Hurricane HarborSix Flags Magic Mountain is the place to go if you are crazy about speed and heights. Magic Mountain boasts a massive number of thrills and rides. They all have their own appeal of course and are not for everyone. They have the Scream [...]D: n/a30
Things about Los Angeles you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
It's the most beautiful local that i have seen in Rimini. you can eat, drink, dance, listen live music,....
Night Life & Entertainment: Restaurant Pizzeria Discopub BOUNTY
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Las Vegas, Nevada
The Rio Seafood Buffet is truly amazing. It's one of the higher priced buffets in Vegas and was often ranked the #1 buffet in town. There is also a...
Food: Rios's Village Seafood Buffet
Long Beach, California
One of the most famous ships of all time, excluding the Titanic, The Queen Mary in Long Beach is a major attraction with lots of entertainment,...
History & Culture: The Queen Mary in Long Beach
If you're in a taste for some fresh, delicious pork dishes than you have to look up the Three Little Pigs BBQ on South Highland Street. They...
Food: Three Little Pigs BBQ
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide