United States Travel Guide
United States Travel: General Information
The USA is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world for a good reason. With tourist attractions like Times Square, Empire State Building, Disneyland, Niagara Falls, Great Smoky Mountains etc, there is something for tourists of all age groups. Its glittery cities along with serene locations offer a great variety for your holiday.
United States Travel: Key Facts
Capital city: Washington DC
Area: 9,826,630 sq Km
Monetary Unit: US Dollar
International Dialing Code: 1
United States Travel: Popular Tourist Destinations
- New York: New York is among the most important cities of US. The city has always ruled the world in almost every scenario may it be fashion, entertainment or commerce. It is a destination for a lot of business personals as well as a place that can be a great choice for a fun filled vacation. Home to architectural marvels like the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge etc, and museums and galleries, New York is one of the most visited tourist destination in the world.
- Las Vegas: The city is a fantasy land for anyone who loves gambling. Coupled with entertaining shows, fine dining, bright lights and a wonderful nightlife, a vacation in Las Vegas turns into one long fun filled night. The city has every single luxury that you dream of on your vacation, from 5 star spa resorts, golf clubs and casinos to nightclubs serving delicious cuisines.
- Washington D.C: Washington is the capital of the United States. The city has a number of museums, galleries, historical monuments, performance halls, and a lot of architectural attractions. It is also home to gardens, mountains and canyons for adventure seekers. One of the biggest attractions here is the White House – residence and office of the President of the United States.
- Los Angeles: This second largest city of the US is popular among tourists for its fabulous beaches, mountains, clear sunshine and lush green palm trees. Located in the city, Hollywood is another great attraction for every tourist visiting this splendid town.
United States Travel: Economy and Infrastructure
The United States has a capitalist mixed economy, and the fact that the United States is abundant in resources, greatly contributes to the economy. It is the largest importer of goods and the third largest exporter as well. The main exports of the United States remain electrical machinery and chemicals. It is also the 3rd largest producer of oil and the largest importer of oil as well.
The Public Education system in the United States is operated by the state and local governments. The US holds a literacy rate of 99%. Needless to mention that the country has a fabulous network of air transport with connections to very corner of the world. The road systems and the rail systems that constitute the transport infrastructure of the United States are good, and the government has been pumping in more funds to improve it further.
United States Travel: Culture
The United States is a multi-cultured nation, since it is home to a large variety of ethnic groups. People from all parts of the world have contributed to the culture of the US since the country is among the largest employers of the world.
The US was a Jazz hub during the early 1940s. The hip hop, punk rock and Indie rock all started in the United States. The people of the country love to experiment with their clothes and style. Baseball is regarded as the national sport of the United States, with college football and basketball also attracting equally large audiences.
Things about United States you may be interested in
Browse United States Travel Deals
- Salt Lake City, UT ski vacation n/a
- Killington - Okemo, VT ski vacation n/a
- Steamboat Springs, CO ski vacation n/a
- FREE: Free Vacation Guidebook - Fort Myers & Sanibel n/a
- Save $100's on Florida Resorts & Attractions $10
- Sanibel Island FL Vacation Condo Specials $120
- Colorado Ski Resort - 30% OFF Winter Dates $135
- Vail, CO ski vacation $497
- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air $539
Browse United States Travel Guides by State
Recent Travel Guides from the United States
Juneau travel guide presents important facts about the city located in the Alexander Archipelago on both sides of the Gastineau Canal and at the foothill of Mount Juneau. Gustavus and Haines are in the proximity. Read more »
Johnson City history, Tennessee
Johnson City, Tennessee, was formally founded as ‘Johnson’s Depot’, a railway station/junction, in 1856. Although this was the real beginning of Johnson City history, the area had been settled back in 1777, when a community named Blue Plum came up here following the North Carolina land grants made to volunteers.... Read more »
Medford sights, Oregon
Medford, Oregon, is quite an interesting touristic destination. Medford is the nearest big city to the Crater Lake National Park. The city is also famous for its festivals – Art in Bloom Festival, Medford Jazz Jubilee, Oregon Shakespeare Festival and crop/wine festivals like Oktoberfest/Harvest Fair and Microbrew Festival – festivals that draw people to Medford not only from nearby cit Read more »
Pasco history, Washington
Pasco, the oldest city of the Tri-Cities metropolitan area of Washington, was officially incorporated in the year 1891. This is generally ear-marked as the starting point of Pasco history, but the Pasco-region had been inhabited by humans quite long.... Read more »
Pasco sights, Washington
Pasco may not be as big or as famous as a city like Olympia or Seattle but this does not belittle the city’s significance as a tourism destination. Pasco is not far away from sights like the Wallula Gap or the Hanford Reach National Monument but the city itself has enough to keep you busy for a short break.... Read more »