New York Travel Tips, New York
Travel tips > North America > United States > New York travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these New York travel tip categories:
- General (7)
- History & Culture (7)
- Night Life & Entertainment (6)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (7)
- Sightseeing (2)
- Shopping (3)
Browse New York travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' New York travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for New York or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these New York travel tips.
Recent travel tips for New York
- Few Things To Know Before Visiting Moon Thai Weston...Now whether it is business trip or a vacation, key ingredient for the success of your trip is eating good food. What exactly you want to eat? Do you want to explore local cuisine? Do you wish to eat local food from local restaurants? In [...]D: 3.1mi00
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Great Food Tour of New YorkFood- As soon as my wanderlust begins, my lust for food was on my mind pretty much more than anything else throughout my waking. Being headed to New York City this fall, maximize your time in tasting as many of the city's diverse cuisines [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Hello travellersI will let you know later [...]D: 13.2mi00
- Cafe Habana in New YorkWe found in the City of New York a little Cuban heaven. Cafe Habana has all the features of a traditional Cuban environment: simple, tasty, chili food, hot, rhythmic music and a bunch of people who feel great in spite of the crowding. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Ruth's Chris SteakhouseAs always, Ruth's Chris is a great choice for all steak lovers. They have a dark and elegant theme accompanied by great steaks, appetizers and a solid selection of wines. Be sure to have the calamari appetizer as well as the creamed spinach [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Watch a Show on BroadwayThere are tons of shows to choose from. Shows for all tastes including MamaMia, The Adams Family, The Phantom of the Opera and many many others (they obviously change them at times). Be sure to check online on broadway.com to make sure you [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Visiting Times SquareThis is New York's Las Vegas without the gambling. Simply walk there and watch all the shiny billboards. There are plenty of shows to choose from and they are all worth the money & time. Read the reviews first, there is something for [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Statue of liberty & Ellis IslandEverybody knows these two very important American landmarks. While the statue of liberty may be the more spectacular one, I wrongly recommend spending more time at Ellis Island. In fact if you want to take pictures, just don't get off the [...]D: 5mi00
- Solomon R Guggenheim MuseumThe Solomon R Guggenheim Museum offers a wide range of art. They always have some special exhibitions going on and have a nice audio guide to accompany you. My favorites are the works of Picasso and Kandinsky. Go there any time, it's [...]D: 2.4mi00
- Doma Cafe & GalleryHaving breakfast in a cozy, friendly cafe which resembles an art gallery with its huge windows and warm lighting and constantly changing artistic decorations is a memorable experience I would gladly repeat every week. The cafe's panini with [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Ayza Private Party NYCAyza Private Party Nyc is the one of the best party places in New York.Ayza has huge cocktail list and wine list and special for all kinds of events,private parties. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Apple Store SohoWhat should one say? Lots of things to admire for the fans of 'Multimedialand'. There is a little crowd, indeed, but you can enjoy the free internet terminals while you are waiting or just wandering around and dreaming. It's a nice place [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Ayza Bar Wine and ChocolateThey have chocolate and a great list of wine. What else can you ask for? Good food, maybe, which they also have, actually. The staff is friendly and the ambiance is romantic, so it's great for a surprise dinner as well, if you are [...]D: 0.7mi10
- B+H PhotoIt is heaven for all amateur photographers and not only. You will find here all the equipment you can possibly need to enjoy your hobby. It is very interesting even for those who just like to take photos, like me. You'll find here [...]D: 1.2mi00
- BroadwayThere is glamor in the air all the time. Broadway is so buzzing that you cannot just sit there and watch people walking, you feel that you have to do something. There are about 30 productions running at the same time, you can't miss to [...]D: n/a00
- Caracas Arepa BarI'm a great fun of South America and South American food so I was very happy when I found this very interesting place. It is a great mixture of an arapera and a taguarita. Arepera is an all day opened Venezuelan restaurant, where you [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Chicago the MusicalChicago is one of the best musicals of all times. It is the 12th year of its hit and it's still a great success. I personally loved it and the movie as well. If you are in New York, you must go to the Broadway and watch some shows, they [...]D: 0.9mi00
- CieloCielo is one of the best clubs in the whole city. The music is always great, they usually have house on weekends and latin and hip hop on the rest of the week. You must be prepared that the club is rather expensive, both the drink and [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Bowery BallroomI have never seen something like this before. Bowery Ballroom is a theater stage transformed into a concert hall for young bands. There is a great bar under the stage where you can have a drink after the show. Many of the now very well [...]D: 2.3mi00
- 230 FifthThis place is a popular hangout for both locals and tourists. It offers some of the most amazing views over New York. The place is huge with plenty of space around for everyone. From here you get an amazing view of the Empire State [...]D: 0.9mi21
- Fifth AvenueWhat Rodeo Drive is to LA, Fifth Ave is to new York, except that it's 100 times bigger. This is really the prime real estate and more or less the center of the city with expensive shops, malls, restaurants. Fifth Ave is also the home of [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Central ParkOne of the greatest places that New York has to offer is this amazingly huge park in the center of the city, thus "Central Park". It's the lungs of New York and home to many athletes and simply people enjoying the outdoors. You can go for a [...]D: 1.1mi11
- Empire State BuildingThis is New York's symbol. It was New York's symbol before until it was replaced by the Twin Towers. Since September 11, the Empire State Building is the undisputed King of New York's skyline. It was built in the 1930ies and is [...]D: 0.6mi10
- Ellis IslandEllis Island is the Island where immigrants landed first when coming to the US and home to the Statue of Liberty. Immigrants had to go through physical checkups before they were allowed to enter the country. But not only unhealthy [...]D: 5mi10
- Brooklyn BridgeBrooklyn Bridge is one of the nicest bridges out there. What's really nice about it is that you can simply walk across and enjoy a beautiful view over Manhattan, Staten Island and the Statue of Liberty. I would recommend a walk across the [...]D: 3.3mi10
- ChinatownToday about 80,000 Asian Americans live in the Chinatown of New York. They begun as an isolated community of poor immigrants ruled by secret organizations, The Tongs. Now it's more of a middle class area and is known for it's excellent [...]D: 2.6mi10
- Times SquareTime Square is a place that makes you feel alive. You just find yourself in the busiest place you have ever seen. It is crowded, laud and everything you would expect. You can come any time, it's amazing! Take your time and walk around a [...]D: 1.1mi20
- Agora GalleryAgora Gallery, established 1984, is a fine art gallery dedicated to the promotion of national and international artists, providing quality and original art to established and emerging collectors, catering to special events in support of [...]D: 1.6mi30
- Online is the wayI would like to suggest lastminutetravel.com as it really makes the entire process hassle free. [...]D: n/a20
- Old Homestead SteakhouseThe Old Homstead Steakhouse is one of my favorites in New York and one of my regular places I go to when I am there. They have a really nice Filet Mignon and also an excellent dry aged Prime Rib. I can also recommend the the shrimp cocktail [...]D: 1.7mi50
- Peter Luger SteakhousePeter Luger is a great place to visit, when going to New York. It's in Brooklyn so it's a bit out of the way. Steaks come as large as you want them and the quality is excellent. [...]D: 2.9mi10
- Century 21 Department StoreCentury 21 is located right across the street from the World Trade Center site. It's a terrible shop, but it has a ton of clothes inside. You really feel like you're at a warehouse, but it's often worth the visit if you are out to bargain [...]D: 3.4mi10
- Canal street refuge chinese foodsIf you want to eat gorgeous chicken for few money goto the Canal street. There is a refuge with chinese foods. [...]D: n/a00
- Walking aroundWhat I like best when I am in New York is walking around. I walk from the southern tip of Manhattan all the way up North to Grand Central Station. The beauty about this walk is really that you experience many different angles of New York, [...]D: n/a30
- Hudson HotelI recommend the Hudson Hotel and the eatery, 5 Napkins, on 9th ave. [...]D: 1.4mi51
Things about New York you may be interested in
Recent New York City flights found by Travelgrove users
- $150 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) Newark, NJ (EWR) 07/04/2017 06:25 am Newark, NJ (EWR) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) 07/11/2017 06:00 am
- $153 United Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Chicago, IL (ORD) New York, NY (LGA) 09/12/2017 09:51 am New York, NY (LGA) Chicago, IL (ORD) 10/03/2017 09:50 pm
- $170 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) New York, NY (LGA) 07/04/2017 07:07 am New York, NY (LGA) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) 07/11/2017 06:30 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Quite close to the Alaska Center of Performing Art and the City Hall, the Orso Ristorante serve Italian food, bringing a little bit of Europe to...
Food: Orso Ristorante
Though located a few miles from Arlington, in the neighboring Grand Prairie, the entertaining and fun amusement park Ripley's Grand Prairie is...
Family & Fun: Ripley's Grand Prairie
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Santa Ana, California
Touring one of Souther California's oldest courthouses is not only and interesting but an educational pastime too. Especially that the tours,...
History & Culture: Old Orange County Courthouse