New York Travel Tips, New York
Travel tips > North America > United States > New York travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these New York travel tip categories:
- General (6)
- History & Culture (7)
- Night Life & Entertainment (6)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (6)
- Sightseeing (2)
- Shopping (3)
Browse New York travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' New York travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for New York or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these New York travel tips.
Recent travel tips for New York
- Hello travellersI will let you know later [...]D: 13.2mi00
- Cafe Habana in New YorkWe found in the City of New York a little Cuban heaven. Cafe Habana has all the features of a traditional Cuban environment: simple, tasty, chili food, hot, rhythmic music and a bunch of people who feel great in spite of the crowding. [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Ruth's Chris SteakhouseAs always, Ruth's Chris is a great choice for all steak lovers. They have a dark and elegant theme accompanied by great steaks, appetizers and a solid selection of wines. Be sure to have the calamari appetizer as well as the creamed spinach [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Watch a Show on BroadwayThere are tons of shows to choose from. Shows for all tastes including MamaMia, The Adams Family, The Phantom of the Opera and many many others (they obviously change them at times). Be sure to check online on broadway.com to make sure you [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Visiting Times SquareThis is New York's Las Vegas without the gambling. Simply walk there and watch all the shiny billboards. There are plenty of shows to choose from and they are all worth the money & time. Read the reviews first, there is something for [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Statue of liberty & Ellis IslandEverybody knows these two very important American landmarks. While the statue of liberty may be the more spectacular one, I wrongly recommend spending more time at Ellis Island. In fact if you want to take pictures, just don't get off the [...]D: 5mi00
- Solomon R Guggenheim MuseumThe Solomon R Guggenheim Museum offers a wide range of art. They always have some special exhibitions going on and have a nice audio guide to accompany you. My favorites are the works of Picasso and Kandinsky. Go there any time, it's [...]D: 2.4mi00
- Doma Cafe & GalleryHaving breakfast in a cozy, friendly cafe which resembles an art gallery with its huge windows and warm lighting and constantly changing artistic decorations is a memorable experience I would gladly repeat every week. The cafe's panini with [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Ayza Private Party NYCAyza Private Party Nyc is the one of the best party places in New York.Ayza has huge cocktail list and wine list and special for all kinds of events,private parties. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Apple Store SohoWhat should one say? Lots of things to admire for the fans of 'Multimedialand'. There is a little crowd, indeed, but you can enjoy the free internet terminals while you are waiting or just wandering around and dreaming. It's a nice place [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Ayza Bar Wine and ChocolateThey have chocolate and a great list of wine. What else can you ask for? Good food, maybe, which they also have, actually. The staff is friendly and the ambiance is romantic, so it's great for a surprise dinner as well, if you are [...]D: 0.7mi10
- B+H PhotoIt is heaven for all amateur photographers and not only. You will find here all the equipment you can possibly need to enjoy your hobby. It is very interesting even for those who just like to take photos, like me. You'll find here [...]D: 1.2mi00
- BroadwayThere is glamor in the air all the time. Broadway is so buzzing that you cannot just sit there and watch people walking, you feel that you have to do something. There are about 30 productions running at the same time, you can't miss to [...]D: n/a00
- Caracas Arepa BarI'm a great fun of South America and South American food so I was very happy when I found this very interesting place. It is a great mixture of an arapera and a taguarita. Arepera is an all day opened Venezuelan restaurant, where you [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Chicago the MusicalChicago is one of the best musicals of all times. It is the 12th year of its hit and it's still a great success. I personally loved it and the movie as well. If you are in New York, you must go to the Broadway and watch some shows, they [...]D: 0.9mi00
- CieloCielo is one of the best clubs in the whole city. The music is always great, they usually have house on weekends and latin and hip hop on the rest of the week. You must be prepared that the club is rather expensive, both the drink and [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Bowery BallroomI have never seen something like this before. Bowery Ballroom is a theater stage transformed into a concert hall for young bands. There is a great bar under the stage where you can have a drink after the show. Many of the now very well [...]D: 2.3mi00
- 230 FifthThis place is a popular hangout for both locals and tourists. It offers some of the most amazing views over New York. The place is huge with plenty of space around for everyone. From here you get an amazing view of the Empire State [...]D: 0.9mi21
- Fifth AvenueWhat Rodeo Drive is to LA, Fifth Ave is to new York, except that it's 100 times bigger. This is really the prime real estate and more or less the center of the city with expensive shops, malls, restaurants. Fifth Ave is also the home of [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Central ParkOne of the greatest places that New York has to offer is this amazingly huge park in the center of the city, thus "Central Park". It's the lungs of New York and home to many athletes and simply people enjoying the outdoors. You can go for a [...]D: 1.1mi11
- Empire State BuildingThis is New York's symbol. It was New York's symbol before until it was replaced by the Twin Towers. Since September 11, the Empire State Building is the undisputed King of New York's skyline. It was built in the 1930ies and is [...]D: 0.6mi10
- Ellis IslandEllis Island is the Island where immigrants landed first when coming to the US and home to the Statue of Liberty. Immigrants had to go through physical checkups before they were allowed to enter the country. But not only unhealthy [...]D: 5mi10
- Brooklyn BridgeBrooklyn Bridge is one of the nicest bridges out there. What's really nice about it is that you can simply walk across and enjoy a beautiful view over Manhattan, Staten Island and the Statue of Liberty. I would recommend a walk across the [...]D: 3.3mi10
- ChinatownToday about 80,000 Asian Americans live in the Chinatown of New York. They begun as an isolated community of poor immigrants ruled by secret organizations, The Tongs. Now it's more of a middle class area and is known for it's excellent [...]D: 2.6mi10
- Times SquareTime Square is a place that makes you feel alive. You just find yourself in the busiest place you have ever seen. It is crowded, laud and everything you would expect. You can come any time, it's amazing! Take your time and walk around a [...]D: 1.1mi20
- Agora GalleryAgora Gallery, established 1984, is a fine art gallery dedicated to the promotion of national and international artists, providing quality and original art to established and emerging collectors, catering to special events in support of [...]D: 1.6mi30
- Online is the wayI would like to suggest lastminutetravel.com as it really makes the entire process hassle free. [...]D: n/a20
- Old Homestead SteakhouseThe Old Homstead Steakhouse is one of my favorites in New York and one of my regular places I go to when I am there. They have a really nice Filet Mignon and also an excellent dry aged Prime Rib. I can also recommend the the shrimp cocktail [...]D: 1.7mi50
- Peter Luger SteakhousePeter Luger is a great place to visit, when going to New York. It's in Brooklyn so it's a bit out of the way. Steaks come as large as you want them and the quality is excellent. [...]D: 2.9mi10
- Century 21 Department StoreCentury 21 is located right across the street from the World Trade Center site. It's a terrible shop, but it has a ton of clothes inside. You really feel like you're at a warehouse, but it's often worth the visit if you are out to bargain [...]D: 3.4mi10
- Canal street refuge chinese foodsIf you want to eat gorgeous chicken for few money goto the Canal street. There is a refuge with chinese foods. [...]D: n/a00
- Walking aroundWhat I like best when I am in New York is walking around. I walk from the southern tip of Manhattan all the way up North to Grand Central Station. The beauty about this walk is really that you experience many different angles of New York, [...]D: n/a30
- Hudson HotelI recommend the Hudson Hotel and the eatery, 5 Napkins, on 9th ave. [...]D: 1.4mi51
Things about New York you may be interested in
Recent New York City flights found by Travelgrove users
- $226 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) New York, NY (LGA) 11/06/2014 08:08 pm New York, NY (LGA) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) 11/13/2014 10:50 am
- $272 US Airways
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time West Palm Beach, FL (PBI) New York, NY (JFK) 11/06/2014 11:55 am New York, NY (JFK) West Palm Beach, FL (PBI) 11/13/2014 10:20 am
- $276 US Airways
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time West Palm Beach, FL (PBI) Newark, NJ (EWR) 11/06/2014 10:15 am Newark, NJ (EWR) West Palm Beach, FL (PBI) 11/13/2014 10:20 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Bonao, Dominican Republic
Travel to the mountains of the caribbean. Climb the highest peak of the Caribbean. Pico Duarte
Outdoors Activities: Hotel Gold Premium
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
There aren't so many trails in Alaska, however the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail is maybe the easiest and almost the longest starting from...
Outdoors Activities: Tony Knowles Coastal Trail
Long Beach, California
A casual seafood restaurant, offering a wide variety of fish dishes with excellent service. Dining at the King's Fish House is a really a treat...
Food: King's Fish House
Los Angeles, California
Hollywood Park Casino is located next to the race tracks at Hollywood Park. It's one of the places I like to hang out at when I am bored and want...
Night Life & Entertainment: Hollywood Park Casino
Totally Pittsburgh, I have to say that. The Fat Head's Saloon is the place to meet some locals, get down for a really large, tasty burger and...
Food: Fat Head's Saloon