Indianapolis Travel Tips, Indiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > Indianapolis travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Indianapolis travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (4)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Family & Fun (2)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (4)
- Sightseeing (1)
Browse Indianapolis travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Indianapolis travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Indianapolis or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Indianapolis travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Motor SpeedwayOperating since 1909, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the most famous raceway in the world. Three major events are organized throughout the year there, including the Indy 500 racing event, when the place is packed with people. In [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Indiana Medical History MuseumOne of the most oldest pathology centers in the US, the Indiana Medical History Museum is a hidden gem of science and medicine. What makes this museum such an interesting a little bit creepy place is that everything looks the same as it [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Indianapolis ZooSpending time in a zoo is always fun, especially if you're with children, and the Indianapolis Zoo was a highlight. The animals are quite close to the visitors, so the children can get a pretty good view of them, which is a plus, [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Eiteljorg MuseumThere is something to this museum that just makes you want to stay hours and hours there. We felt we could have spent the whole day in the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art. They have a wide variety of collections of [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Long's BakeryThe best donut serving facility, Long's Bakery is the pastry paradise of both locals and visitors alike. If you go to the bakery, make sure to have as many donuts as you can, because you will love so much that you will want to return [...]D: 4.8mi00
- White River State ParkHome to various museums and facilities the White River State Park is unique in its own. Full of green spaces, and modern state facilities, the place is a highlight of the city. A whole day wouldn't have been enough to cover all the [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Conner PrairieOnly 6 miles to the north of Indianapolis, Conner Prairie is an outdoor museum with lots of interactive shows and exhibitions. Favorite of both children and adults, this museum is the most amazing attraction in the city. We saw indigenous [...]D: 21.2mi00
- White Rabbit CabaretOne of the most unique and fun shows I've been in Indianapolis was in the White Rabbit Cabaret. Their performances were funny, almost burlesque, witty and really amazing. I loved their costumes. There is only wine and beer to choose [...]D: 6.3mi00
- Paranormal 911 Haunted FirehouseWhat makes this Paranormal 911 Haunted Firehouse so unique is that you are not just shown around a house that is supposedly haunted and told everything about it, but you take part in the investigation to find out whether there are really [...]D: 12mi00
- St. Elmo Steak House in IndianapolisNot really for those with a vegetarian diet, the St. Elmo Steak House is the most popular place in Indianapolis. Even celebrities have come here, many of them having a picture on the restaurant's wall. Their absolute favorite, however [...]D: 5.5mi00
- Slippery Noodle InnA bar with character, the Slippery Noodle Inn is a music gem in downtown Indianapolis. There is live blues music every night of the week, and though there's not much dancing space, you can really enjoy yourself. The beer they serve is [...]D: 5.5mi00
- Thai Taste IndianapolisFor the best Thai meal you definitely have to go to Thai Taste Indianapolis restaurant. Their authentic Thai ingredients make the dishes so flavorful and delicious that you will lick all your ten fingers afterward. The atmosphere is homey, [...]D: 15.3mi00
- Santorini's Greek Kitchen in IndianapolisFeaturing delicious Greek cuisine, Santorini's Greek Kitchen is a European gem in the heart of Indianapolis. Their gyros and calamari are exquisite, we just loved the taste and flavor of the food. The service is great, they are [...]D: 6.5mi00
- Chatterbox Jazz ClubIf you like jazz music, than you will love this place. Almost every night there is live jazz music in the Chatterbox Jazz Club and though the bar is smoking area, you can still enjoy the evening sitting at one of their tables outside. [...]D: 6.2mi00
- Indianapolis Children's MuseumI don't think there is a museum in the whole world that would be so large, so much fun and so much to teach children about history, science, discrimination and courage. The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is a real treasure that [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Indianapolis 500Lots of corn-fields! [...]D: 5.7mi00
- Packing tips for travelersWhen traveling, wear the outfit that takes up the most room and you will have more room in your suitcase. [...]D: n/a10
Things about Indianapolis you may be interested in
Recent Indianapolis flights found by Travelgrove users
- $55 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) Indianapolis, IN (IND) 04/07/2021 05:50 pm Indianapolis, IN (IND) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) 04/12/2021 07:45 pm
- $77 Multiple Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Orlando, FL (MCO) Indianapolis, IN (IND) 03/01/2021 06:00 am Indianapolis, IN (IND) Orlando, FL (MCO) 03/16/2021 06:40 pm
- $85 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW) Indianapolis, IN (IND) 04/27/2021 06:54 pm Indianapolis, IN (IND) Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW) 05/11/2021 07:00 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Kirkland House cheap accommodation in Brisbane is most lovely, engaging and low cost accommodation for business men’s and other people need...
Food: Accommodation brisbane
I really enjoyed my dinner here the other night. Although it's not cheap by any means, the food and atmosphere are great and the service is even...
Food: Eat at 'Das Weisse Haus'
Florescharm Tours and Travel_ Local travel agent based in labuan bajo flores island
General: Labuan bajo
It's the most beautiful local that i have seen in Rimini. you can eat, drink, dance, listen live music,....
Night Life & Entertainment: Restaurant Pizzeria Discopub BOUNTY
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
Dagupan City, Philippines
The people are so friendly here! I lost my contact lenses and had to ask for opticals - most people recommended Siapno-Tada Optical. They have the...
General: Optical service in Dagupan City
Featuring Ottoman cuisine with rich flavors the Pasazade Restaurant or terrace for that matter is a delight in its own. They absolutely delicious...
Food: Pasazade Restaurant
Beauty, detail and a passion for art is what encompasses the exhibits in the Museum of Jade Art, established by artist Soofeen Hu. His concept of...
History & Culture: Museum of Jade Art
The best of our stay in Jacksonville. We spent the whole day out camping in Little Talbot Island State Park. It was amazing and wonderful. There...
Sightseeing: Little Talbot Island State Park
Overland Park, Kansas
Place Delicate clothing can be placed between two dry cleaner bags and then fold the item and pack. The garment will not have any fold creases and...
General: Place Delicate