Indiana Medical History Museum, Indianapolis, Indiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > Indianapolis > Indiana Medical History Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
What makes this museum such an interesting a little bit creepy place is that everything looks the same as it was last used a hundred years ago. Only its not dusty. :) The furniture, the jars, the medical appliances, utensils, everything is arranged in a way that it gives you the feeling that any minute a doctor might walk in and start dealing with patients. It is amazing.
3045 W Vermont St, Indianapolis, IN 46222, USA
$5 for adults and $1 for children.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Indianapolis
- Indianapolis ZooSpending time in a zoo is always fun, especially if you're with children, and the Indianapolis Zoo was a highlight. The animals are quite close to the visitors, so the children can get a pretty good view of them, which is a plus, [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Long's BakeryThe best donut serving facility, Long's Bakery is the pastry paradise of both locals and visitors alike. If you go to the bakery, make sure to have as many donuts as you can, because you will love so much that you will want to return [...]D: 4.8mi00
- Thai Taste IndianapolisFor the best Thai meal you definitely have to go to Thai Taste Indianapolis restaurant. Their authentic Thai ingredients make the dishes so flavorful and delicious that you will lick all your ten fingers afterward. The atmosphere is homey, [...]D: 15.3mi00
- Conner PrairieOnly 6 miles to the north of Indianapolis, Conner Prairie is an outdoor museum with lots of interactive shows and exhibitions. Favorite of both children and adults, this museum is the most amazing attraction in the city. We saw indigenous [...]D: 21.2mi00
- Indianapolis 500Lots of corn-fields! [...]D: 5.7mi00
Things about Indianapolis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
Please do not miss the Monumental Ilumination of the Itaipu. Only occurs in fridays and saturdays, but it worth it.
General: Don´t Miss
The Wailing Wall or Western Wall is a world famous site of Jerusalem. This is the last remaining wall of Herod's Temple destroyed by the Romans. ...
Sightseeing: The Wailing Wall
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
While in venice, make sure you walk a lot and watch people. Don't get stuck anywhere and buying stuff is not worth it. It is a cheap place but...
General: Walk a lot and watch people
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach