Indiana Medical History Museum, Indianapolis, Indiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > Indianapolis > Indiana Medical History Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
What makes this museum such an interesting a little bit creepy place is that everything looks the same as it was last used a hundred years ago. Only its not dusty. :) The furniture, the jars, the medical appliances, utensils, everything is arranged in a way that it gives you the feeling that any minute a doctor might walk in and start dealing with patients. It is amazing.
3045 W Vermont St, Indianapolis, IN 46222, USA
$5 for adults and $1 for children.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Indianapolis
- Slippery Noodle InnA bar with character, the Slippery Noodle Inn is a music gem in downtown Indianapolis. There is live blues music every night of the week, and though there's not much dancing space, you can really enjoy yourself. The beer they serve is [...]D: 5.5mi00
- Indianapolis Children's MuseumI don't think there is a museum in the whole world that would be so large, so much fun and so much to teach children about history, science, discrimination and courage. The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is a real treasure that [...]D: 7.5mi00
- Long's BakeryThe best donut serving facility, Long's Bakery is the pastry paradise of both locals and visitors alike. If you go to the bakery, make sure to have as many donuts as you can, because you will love so much that you will want to return [...]D: 4.8mi00
- Packing tips for travelersWhen traveling, wear the outfit that takes up the most room and you will have more room in your suitcase. [...]D: n/a10
- Conner PrairieOnly 6 miles to the north of Indianapolis, Conner Prairie is an outdoor museum with lots of interactive shows and exhibitions. Favorite of both children and adults, this museum is the most amazing attraction in the city. We saw indigenous [...]D: 21.2mi00
Things about Indianapolis you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Lt. Gov. John Graves Simcoe saw the newborn USA as a threat, so he established the base of Fort York in 1793 to defend Toronto (known as...
History & Culture: Fort York
The Rheinfälle at Schaffhausen are really some kind of nature play. Big and impressing the rive Rhine has got waterfalls there. You can either...
Outdoors Activities: The big waterfall called Rheinfälle
Are so many things/programs to do in this nature park. If you like nature and walking trips, I wound recommanded this place for you and I think one...
Family & Fun: Nature park thun
If you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of...
History & Culture: The roman auqeduct
If you are at Weingarten around the end of july and during august, you should visit the theater festival at the monastery of Weingarten. It exists...
History & Culture: Theater festival at the monastery of the city
The Alhambra is definitely a must see. It is the most beautiful of all Granada's great buildings and other Arabic memories. The Alhambra is...
History & Culture: The Alhambra
While in Bali you must visit the monkey temple in Uluwatu. You get an awesome view from the high cliffs where the temple sits and the temple itself...
History & Culture: Uluwatu - Monkey Temple
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Now this is a place for all ages, old or young, everyone can find something in The Amazing Pizza Machine to relax and have a great time. There are...
Family & Fun: The Amazing Pizza Machine
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach