Statue of liberty & Ellis Island, New York, New York
Travel tips > North America > United States > New York > Statue of liberty & Ellis Island
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Ellis island depicts the story of many American immigrants that were coming to America for reasons of hope for a better life and most importantly liberty. The stories are very touching and you should definitely get the audio guide to listen to some of the personal stories told by real people entering the United States here at Ellis Island.
Unnamed Rd, New York, NJ 10004, USA
$12 includes all fees. Audio guides are an extra $7
First ferries will depart for Ellis Island at 8:30 AM. The final ferries will leave Ellis Island for the mainland at 6:15 PM.
How to get there:
Ellis Island is accessible only by StatueCruises ferry boat. Private, and other commercial, vessels are not allowed to dock at either Ellis Island or Liberty Island.
The StatueCruises ferry that leaves from Liberty State Park in New Jersey stops at Ellis Island first, then continues on to Liberty Island before returning to New Jersey.
The StatueCruises ferry out of Battery Park in lower Manhattan stops at Liberty Island first. From there, the boat stops at Ellis Island, then returns to New York City.
Recent travel tips for New York
- Agora GalleryAgora Gallery, established 1984, is a fine art gallery dedicated to the promotion of national and international artists, providing quality and original art to established and emerging collectors, catering to special events in support of [...]D: 1.6mi30
- Visiting Times SquareThis is New York's Las Vegas without the gambling. Simply walk there and watch all the shiny billboards. There are plenty of shows to choose from and they are all worth the money & time. Read the reviews first, there is something for [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Doma Cafe & GalleryHaving breakfast in a cozy, friendly cafe which resembles an art gallery with its huge windows and warm lighting and constantly changing artistic decorations is a memorable experience I would gladly repeat every week. The cafe's panini with [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Fifth AvenueWhat Rodeo Drive is to LA, Fifth Ave is to new York, except that it's 100 times bigger. This is really the prime real estate and more or less the center of the city with expensive shops, malls, restaurants. Fifth Ave is also the home of [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Hello travellersI will let you know later [...]D: 13.2mi00
Things about New York you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
London, United Kingdom
Just a few lines to explain our experience.I was traveling alone with my two children, arrived at Marrakech for seven days, I had said that with 3...
Night Life & Entertainment: Camel Trekking Morocco Desert Trip
Don't forget to document each of your travel. Always bring your cameras or videocam for photos and video of your trip.
General: Los Angeles
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Satu Mare, Romania
In the center of Satu Mare, there are some really nice things that you should visit while you are in the city. There is a big fountain in the...
Sightseeing: Lupa Capitolina and the Roman Catholic Cathedral
Peachtree Center is your staple American mall, with over 60 specialty stores and six restaurants, and the only thing distinguishing it from other...
History & Culture: Peachtree Center in Atlanta
Turned into a historic landmark, the Buckhorn Exchange restaurant is a great place to taste some traditional Western food in a background with rich...
Food: Buckhorn Exchange
This huge arena is just on the banks of the Detroit River and until now has hosted the Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings 11 times. It is the...
Sports & Wellness : The Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit
Located on the McLeod Lake and near well-known attractions such as the DeCarli Waterfront Square or Martin Luther King, Jr. Plaza, Weber Point...
Family & Fun: Weber Point Event Center