Shanghai Travel Tips, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Shanghai travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Shanghai travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (3)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Shopping (3)
Browse Shanghai travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Shanghai travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Shanghai or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Shanghai travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Shanghai
- Club JZIf you want live jazz in Shanghai, this is the place to go. Club JZ was established by two jazz musicians as a sort o gathering place for jazz lovers, but since then it has blossomed into the best venue for jazz in the city, where you can [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Bi Feng TangShanghai is one of those cities where you won't have to go hungry until morning if you feel peckish in the middle of the night. There's a lot of street food, and many stall are open until late, but sometimes you feel like sitting [...]D: 2.4mi10
- Jingan TempleIn Shanghai, ancient temples nestled between high-rise buildings are not an uncommon sight. Jingan Temple, a Buddhist temple built in the 3rd century is practically dwarfed by the sky-scrapers that surround it. It is a small-ish temple, but [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Glamour BarMost of Shanghai's glamorous bars are located on the Bund, and this one is as glamorous as you can get. Glamour Bar (very appropriately named) describes itself as the sexiest bar in Shanghai. They even have a dress code, so you probably [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Shanghai Zhongshan ParkZhongshan Park is a generic name given to parks in China, and every city has at least one of them. Shanghai Zhongshan Park is not the best park in the city, but is it worth checking out in you happen to be in the area. The most interesting [...]D: 5.8mi00
- Jade Buddha TempleThere is no shortage of temples in Shanghai, and many of them are simply amazing. However, none of them can compare to the Jade Buddha Temple, dating back to the 19th century. The temple was founded when two jade Buddha statues were [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Dongtai Lu Antiques MarketIf you are intending to pick up a few interesting things on your travels to China, then Chinese antiques are the best idea. Most of the time they are not cheap, but sometimes you can end up buying something really special and valuable.In [...]D: n/a00
- Bistro BurgerThe name of this late night eatery might sound like some kind of cheap fast food chain imported from America, but it is far from that. Bistro Burger does serve burgers, but they're the most delicious burgers that you will probably eat [...]D: n/a00
- Bar RougeShanghai's nightlife can be anything you want: classy, laid-back, fun or quirky, depending on where you go. In the case of Bar Rouge, what you get is pure glamor. The bar looks brand new and it is located on the 18th floor of a building [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Shanghai MuseumIf you are interested in Chinese history, art and culture (or if you simply want a flash course in it), there is one place that you absolutely must not miss: the Shanghai Museum. You will need quite a bit of time to see all of it, so plan [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Oriental Pearl TowerThe Bund is one of the landmarks of the city of Shanghai, but it's hard to imagine the Bund without the Oriental Pearl Tower rising just opposite it, across the Huangpu River. The tower is a recent addition to the Shanghai skyline (it [...]D: 1.4mi00
- The BundThe area around Huangpu river is where you can find several of the most interesting attractions in Shanghai. The Bund, as the waterfront is called, has been one of the main symbols of Shanghai for quite some time. It stretches from Waibaidu [...]D: 33.8mi00
- Nanjing RoadShanghai is a shopper's paradise, of that is no doubt. Any shopping mall in this city would make a shopping addict go crazy with glee, but there's nothing better than Nanjing Road, if you ask me. Nanjing Road is three and a [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Yu Yuan Gardens in ShanghaiWhen you think about China and gardens in the same sentence, the word that comes to mind is 'transquility'. But if that's what you think before visiting Yu Yuan Gardens, you will be sorely disappointed. Yu Yuan is anything but [...]D: 0.6mi00
- XintiandiShikumen, or stone gate houses, used to be the norm in the past in Shanghai, but most of them were razed to the ground to make way for modern buildings. One of the only places in Shanghai where you can still see them in Xintiandi, were the [...]D: n/a00
- The Bund of ShanghaiYou cannot miss this place. The Bund is the waterfront zone of the Western City (Pu Xi)and it is amazing, especially by night. You can see from here the buildings of both the old and new Shanghai. The TV Tower and the Jin Mao Tower (the [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Shanghai you may be interested in
Recent Shanghai flights found by Travelgrove users
- $492 Hainan Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time San Jose, CA (SJC) Shanghai, CN (SHA) 02/27/2017 12:30 pm Shanghai, CN (SHA) San Jose, CA (SJC) 03/06/2017 10:55 am
- $513 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Detroit, MI (DTW) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 02/25/2017 06:00 am Shanghai, CN (PVG) Detroit, MI (DTW) 03/04/2017 12:20 pm
- $520 Hainan Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Boston, MA (BOS) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 02/25/2017 04:10 pm Shanghai, CN (PVG) Boston, MA (BOS) 03/04/2017 09:10 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
With interesting and hands-on exhibitions not to mention feeding and petting areas, the Oakland Zoo is a fun and great place for kids and friend...
Family & Fun: Oakland Zoo