Shanghai Travel Tips, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Shanghai travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Shanghai travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (3)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Shopping (3)
Browse Shanghai travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Shanghai travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Shanghai or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Shanghai travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Shanghai
- Club JZIf you want live jazz in Shanghai, this is the place to go. Club JZ was established by two jazz musicians as a sort o gathering place for jazz lovers, but since then it has blossomed into the best venue for jazz in the city, where you can [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Bi Feng TangShanghai is one of those cities where you won't have to go hungry until morning if you feel peckish in the middle of the night. There's a lot of street food, and many stall are open until late, but sometimes you feel like sitting [...]D: 2.4mi10
- Jingan TempleIn Shanghai, ancient temples nestled between high-rise buildings are not an uncommon sight. Jingan Temple, a Buddhist temple built in the 3rd century is practically dwarfed by the sky-scrapers that surround it. It is a small-ish temple, but [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Glamour BarMost of Shanghai's glamorous bars are located on the Bund, and this one is as glamorous as you can get. Glamour Bar (very appropriately named) describes itself as the sexiest bar in Shanghai. They even have a dress code, so you probably [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Shanghai Zhongshan ParkZhongshan Park is a generic name given to parks in China, and every city has at least one of them. Shanghai Zhongshan Park is not the best park in the city, but is it worth checking out in you happen to be in the area. The most interesting [...]D: 5.8mi00
- Jade Buddha TempleThere is no shortage of temples in Shanghai, and many of them are simply amazing. However, none of them can compare to the Jade Buddha Temple, dating back to the 19th century. The temple was founded when two jade Buddha statues were [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Dongtai Lu Antiques MarketIf you are intending to pick up a few interesting things on your travels to China, then Chinese antiques are the best idea. Most of the time they are not cheap, but sometimes you can end up buying something really special and valuable.In [...]D: n/a00
- Bistro BurgerThe name of this late night eatery might sound like some kind of cheap fast food chain imported from America, but it is far from that. Bistro Burger does serve burgers, but they're the most delicious burgers that you will probably eat [...]D: n/a00
- Bar RougeShanghai's nightlife can be anything you want: classy, laid-back, fun or quirky, depending on where you go. In the case of Bar Rouge, what you get is pure glamor. The bar looks brand new and it is located on the 18th floor of a building [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Shanghai MuseumIf you are interested in Chinese history, art and culture (or if you simply want a flash course in it), there is one place that you absolutely must not miss: the Shanghai Museum. You will need quite a bit of time to see all of it, so plan [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Oriental Pearl TowerThe Bund is one of the landmarks of the city of Shanghai, but it's hard to imagine the Bund without the Oriental Pearl Tower rising just opposite it, across the Huangpu River. The tower is a recent addition to the Shanghai skyline (it [...]D: 1.4mi00
- The BundThe area around Huangpu river is where you can find several of the most interesting attractions in Shanghai. The Bund, as the waterfront is called, has been one of the main symbols of Shanghai for quite some time. It stretches from Waibaidu [...]D: 33.8mi00
- Nanjing RoadShanghai is a shopper's paradise, of that is no doubt. Any shopping mall in this city would make a shopping addict go crazy with glee, but there's nothing better than Nanjing Road, if you ask me. Nanjing Road is three and a [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Yu Yuan Gardens in ShanghaiWhen you think about China and gardens in the same sentence, the word that comes to mind is 'transquility'. But if that's what you think before visiting Yu Yuan Gardens, you will be sorely disappointed. Yu Yuan is anything but [...]D: 0.6mi00
- XintiandiShikumen, or stone gate houses, used to be the norm in the past in Shanghai, but most of them were razed to the ground to make way for modern buildings. One of the only places in Shanghai where you can still see them in Xintiandi, were the [...]D: n/a00
- The Bund of ShanghaiYou cannot miss this place. The Bund is the waterfront zone of the Western City (Pu Xi)and it is amazing, especially by night. You can see from here the buildings of both the old and new Shanghai. The TV Tower and the Jin Mao Tower (the [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Shanghai you may be interested in
Recent Shanghai flights found by Travelgrove users
- $461 China Eastern Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Vancouver, BC (YVR) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 03/06/2020 12:20 pm Shanghai, CN (PVG) Vancouver, BC (YVR) 03/14/2020 11:55 pm
- $519 China Air
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Newark, NJ (EWR) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 04/22/2020 12:40 pm Shanghai, CN (PVG) Newark, NJ (EWR) 04/28/2020 08:55 am
- $519 China Air
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 04/22/2020 04:50 pm Shanghai, CN (PVG) New York, NY (JFK) 04/28/2020 09:55 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
The home of FC Barcelona who play in La Liga (1st Division). Try to catch a football game here in this stadium of nearly 80,000, even if you're...
Night Life & Entertainment: Nou Camp
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Welcome to India. Our tour manager will receive you at Airport and will escort you to your hotel in an AC car. Delhi, the capital city of India,...
History & Culture: Go on exploratory tour of New Delhi – See monuments like Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Red Fort etc.
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
There are natural attractions near Moshi to see such as waterfalls located at slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. Moshi is located at base of Mount...
Outdoors Activities: Moshi is basecamp for Kilimanjaro climb, waterfalls travel places
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
San Francisco, California
A truly amazing location to visit, the De Young Museum led me to a path of illogical, free thinking. Full of impressionist artworks such as...
History & Culture: De Young Museum in San Francisco