Shanghai Travel Tips, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Shanghai travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Shanghai travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (3)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Shopping (3)
Browse Shanghai travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Shanghai travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Shanghai or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Shanghai travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Shanghai
- Club JZIf you want live jazz in Shanghai, this is the place to go. Club JZ was established by two jazz musicians as a sort o gathering place for jazz lovers, but since then it has blossomed into the best venue for jazz in the city, where you can [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Bi Feng TangShanghai is one of those cities where you won't have to go hungry until morning if you feel peckish in the middle of the night. There's a lot of street food, and many stall are open until late, but sometimes you feel like sitting [...]D: 2.4mi10
- Jingan TempleIn Shanghai, ancient temples nestled between high-rise buildings are not an uncommon sight. Jingan Temple, a Buddhist temple built in the 3rd century is practically dwarfed by the sky-scrapers that surround it. It is a small-ish temple, but [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Glamour BarMost of Shanghai's glamorous bars are located on the Bund, and this one is as glamorous as you can get. Glamour Bar (very appropriately named) describes itself as the sexiest bar in Shanghai. They even have a dress code, so you probably [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Shanghai Zhongshan ParkZhongshan Park is a generic name given to parks in China, and every city has at least one of them. Shanghai Zhongshan Park is not the best park in the city, but is it worth checking out in you happen to be in the area. The most interesting [...]D: 5.8mi00
- Jade Buddha TempleThere is no shortage of temples in Shanghai, and many of them are simply amazing. However, none of them can compare to the Jade Buddha Temple, dating back to the 19th century. The temple was founded when two jade Buddha statues were [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Dongtai Lu Antiques MarketIf you are intending to pick up a few interesting things on your travels to China, then Chinese antiques are the best idea. Most of the time they are not cheap, but sometimes you can end up buying something really special and valuable.In [...]D: n/a00
- Bistro BurgerThe name of this late night eatery might sound like some kind of cheap fast food chain imported from America, but it is far from that. Bistro Burger does serve burgers, but they're the most delicious burgers that you will probably eat [...]D: n/a00
- Bar RougeShanghai's nightlife can be anything you want: classy, laid-back, fun or quirky, depending on where you go. In the case of Bar Rouge, what you get is pure glamor. The bar looks brand new and it is located on the 18th floor of a building [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Shanghai MuseumIf you are interested in Chinese history, art and culture (or if you simply want a flash course in it), there is one place that you absolutely must not miss: the Shanghai Museum. You will need quite a bit of time to see all of it, so plan [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Oriental Pearl TowerThe Bund is one of the landmarks of the city of Shanghai, but it's hard to imagine the Bund without the Oriental Pearl Tower rising just opposite it, across the Huangpu River. The tower is a recent addition to the Shanghai skyline (it [...]D: 1.4mi00
- The BundThe area around Huangpu river is where you can find several of the most interesting attractions in Shanghai. The Bund, as the waterfront is called, has been one of the main symbols of Shanghai for quite some time. It stretches from Waibaidu [...]D: 33.8mi00
- Nanjing RoadShanghai is a shopper's paradise, of that is no doubt. Any shopping mall in this city would make a shopping addict go crazy with glee, but there's nothing better than Nanjing Road, if you ask me. Nanjing Road is three and a [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Yu Yuan Gardens in ShanghaiWhen you think about China and gardens in the same sentence, the word that comes to mind is 'transquility'. But if that's what you think before visiting Yu Yuan Gardens, you will be sorely disappointed. Yu Yuan is anything but [...]D: 0.6mi00
- XintiandiShikumen, or stone gate houses, used to be the norm in the past in Shanghai, but most of them were razed to the ground to make way for modern buildings. One of the only places in Shanghai where you can still see them in Xintiandi, were the [...]D: n/a00
- The Bund of ShanghaiYou cannot miss this place. The Bund is the waterfront zone of the Western City (Pu Xi)and it is amazing, especially by night. You can see from here the buildings of both the old and new Shanghai. The TV Tower and the Jin Mao Tower (the [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Shanghai you may be interested in
Recent Shanghai flights found by Travelgrove users
- $700 Asiana Airlines
expedia.com check price
From To Departure Time San Francisco, CA (SFO) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 08/27/2014 01:10 pm Shanghai, CN (PVG) San Francisco, CA (SFO) 10/15/2014 11:40 am
- $735 Delta Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Vancouver, BC (YVR) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 10/29/2014 11:37 am Shanghai, CN (PVG) Vancouver, BC (YVR) 11/04/2014 01:00 pm
- $803 China Eastern Airlines
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 01/07/2015 03:25 pm Shanghai, CN (PVG) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 04/05/2015 12:10 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
The BEST sushi ever, ever! There is no place that provides such a tasty, delicious and mouthwatering sushi than SushiDai at the Tsukiji Market. No...
Food: Sushi-Dai Restaurant in Tokyo
Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
Time in a bottle is one of the many bars that is located along Serangoon garden estate. It is a very popular bar among the locals and among the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Time in a bottle (Bar)
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
The Detroit zoo is a family attraction though I also enjoyed visiting it with friends. However we were a bit unlucky, because the day we went...
Family & Fun: Tips for Detroit Zoo