Shanghai Travel Tips, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Shanghai travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Shanghai travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (3)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Shopping (3)
Browse Shanghai travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Shanghai travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Shanghai or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Shanghai travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Shanghai
- Club JZIf you want live jazz in Shanghai, this is the place to go. Club JZ was established by two jazz musicians as a sort o gathering place for jazz lovers, but since then it has blossomed into the best venue for jazz in the city, where you can [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Bi Feng TangShanghai is one of those cities where you won't have to go hungry until morning if you feel peckish in the middle of the night. There's a lot of street food, and many stall are open until late, but sometimes you feel like sitting [...]D: 2.4mi10
- Jingan TempleIn Shanghai, ancient temples nestled between high-rise buildings are not an uncommon sight. Jingan Temple, a Buddhist temple built in the 3rd century is practically dwarfed by the sky-scrapers that surround it. It is a small-ish temple, but [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Glamour BarMost of Shanghai's glamorous bars are located on the Bund, and this one is as glamorous as you can get. Glamour Bar (very appropriately named) describes itself as the sexiest bar in Shanghai. They even have a dress code, so you probably [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Shanghai Zhongshan ParkZhongshan Park is a generic name given to parks in China, and every city has at least one of them. Shanghai Zhongshan Park is not the best park in the city, but is it worth checking out in you happen to be in the area. The most interesting [...]D: 5.8mi00
- Jade Buddha TempleThere is no shortage of temples in Shanghai, and many of them are simply amazing. However, none of them can compare to the Jade Buddha Temple, dating back to the 19th century. The temple was founded when two jade Buddha statues were [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Dongtai Lu Antiques MarketIf you are intending to pick up a few interesting things on your travels to China, then Chinese antiques are the best idea. Most of the time they are not cheap, but sometimes you can end up buying something really special and valuable.In [...]D: n/a00
- Bistro BurgerThe name of this late night eatery might sound like some kind of cheap fast food chain imported from America, but it is far from that. Bistro Burger does serve burgers, but they're the most delicious burgers that you will probably eat [...]D: n/a00
- Bar RougeShanghai's nightlife can be anything you want: classy, laid-back, fun or quirky, depending on where you go. In the case of Bar Rouge, what you get is pure glamor. The bar looks brand new and it is located on the 18th floor of a building [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Shanghai MuseumIf you are interested in Chinese history, art and culture (or if you simply want a flash course in it), there is one place that you absolutely must not miss: the Shanghai Museum. You will need quite a bit of time to see all of it, so plan [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Oriental Pearl TowerThe Bund is one of the landmarks of the city of Shanghai, but it's hard to imagine the Bund without the Oriental Pearl Tower rising just opposite it, across the Huangpu River. The tower is a recent addition to the Shanghai skyline (it [...]D: 1.4mi00
- The BundThe area around Huangpu river is where you can find several of the most interesting attractions in Shanghai. The Bund, as the waterfront is called, has been one of the main symbols of Shanghai for quite some time. It stretches from Waibaidu [...]D: 33.8mi00
- Nanjing RoadShanghai is a shopper's paradise, of that is no doubt. Any shopping mall in this city would make a shopping addict go crazy with glee, but there's nothing better than Nanjing Road, if you ask me. Nanjing Road is three and a [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Yu Yuan Gardens in ShanghaiWhen you think about China and gardens in the same sentence, the word that comes to mind is 'transquility'. But if that's what you think before visiting Yu Yuan Gardens, you will be sorely disappointed. Yu Yuan is anything but [...]D: 0.6mi00
- XintiandiShikumen, or stone gate houses, used to be the norm in the past in Shanghai, but most of them were razed to the ground to make way for modern buildings. One of the only places in Shanghai where you can still see them in Xintiandi, were the [...]D: n/a00
- The Bund of ShanghaiYou cannot miss this place. The Bund is the waterfront zone of the Western City (Pu Xi)and it is amazing, especially by night. You can see from here the buildings of both the old and new Shanghai. The TV Tower and the Jin Mao Tower (the [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Shanghai you may be interested in
Recent Shanghai flights found by Travelgrove users
- $1081 Delta Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Grand Rapids, MI (GRR) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 09/04/2013 06:00 am Shanghai, CN (PVG) Grand Rapids, MI (GRR) 09/18/2013 12:00 pm
- $1135 United Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Detroit, MI (DTW) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 09/04/2013 07:50 am Shanghai, CN (PVG) Detroit, MI (DTW) 09/18/2013 03:55 pm
- $1146 Multiple Airlines
faregeek.com check price
From To Departure Time Newark, NJ (EWR) Shanghai, CN (PVG) 06/12/2013 07:25 am Shanghai, CN (PVG) Newark, NJ (EWR) 10/30/2013 01:00 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Friedrichshafen travel tips - Germany
While in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton...
Sightseeing: Friedrichshafen Promenade
Copenhagen travel tips - Denmark
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
Quito travel tips - Ecuador
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
Newyork travel tips - United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Thessaloniki travel tips - Greece
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Tokyo travel tips - Japan
Many musuems in the US feature exhibits of nature, but this one is really something. Tokyo National Science Museum has beautiful exhibitions of the...
History & Culture: Tokyo National Science Museum
The Hague travel tips - Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
Aurora travel tips - Colorado
One of the more famous and beautiful golf courses in Aurora is the Murphy Creek Golf Course at Tom Morris Road. It is an 18-hole, large course with...
Sports & Wellness : Murphy Creek Golf Course
Hermosa Beach travel tips - California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Las Vegas travel tips - Nevada
Binion's Horseshoe is one of the classics in Vegas. This Casino is located in the old city center. It's a fun place and you get a little bit of the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Binion's Horseshoe