Yu Yuan Gardens in Shanghai, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Shanghai > Yu Yuan Gardens in Shanghai
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Yu Yuan Gardens might look like classical Chinese gardens (Yu Yuan was built in the 16th century by a Mind Dynasty official), but it is uncharacteristically lively. There are tons of cloisters, ponds, pavillions and miniature rock gardens in Yu Yuan, and seeing as how the park is very nice, most of the time it's full of people.
Outside the park there are lots of vendors selling anything from snacks to candy and trinkets, so you can get something to nibble on while taking a walk in the gardens.CNY 40
Fuyou Rd, Huangpu, Shanghai, China
CNY 40 entrance fee
Recent travel tips for Shanghai
- Bi Feng TangShanghai is one of those cities where you won't have to go hungry until morning if you feel peckish in the middle of the night. There's a lot of street food, and many stall are open until late, but sometimes you feel like sitting [...]D: 2.4mi10
- The Bund of ShanghaiYou cannot miss this place. The Bund is the waterfront zone of the Western City (Pu Xi)and it is amazing, especially by night. You can see from here the buildings of both the old and new Shanghai. The TV Tower and the Jin Mao Tower (the [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Club JZIf you want live jazz in Shanghai, this is the place to go. Club JZ was established by two jazz musicians as a sort o gathering place for jazz lovers, but since then it has blossomed into the best venue for jazz in the city, where you can [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Bar RougeShanghai's nightlife can be anything you want: classy, laid-back, fun or quirky, depending on where you go. In the case of Bar Rouge, what you get is pure glamor. The bar looks brand new and it is located on the 18th floor of a building [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Jingan TempleIn Shanghai, ancient temples nestled between high-rise buildings are not an uncommon sight. Jingan Temple, a Buddhist temple built in the 3rd century is practically dwarfed by the sky-scrapers that surround it. It is a small-ish temple, but [...]D: 2.7mi00
Things about Shanghai you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
When I was in Lille, in 2007 most of the shopping I made for food and the necessary things was in Champion's supermarkets. They were acquired by...
Shopping: Champion supermarkets
Dont forget to view this great religious place atop a hill. For tips on travel in mysore visit mysorehub.com
General: Chamundi Hills
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
Phang Nga Bay is located within an hour drive from the Phuket, here is what tourist could experience another side of the Thailand, away from the...
General: Top things to do in Phuket Thailand
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Located on the famous Boardwalk, this family friendly venue is the main destination for kids and young adults. The Steel Pier Amusement Park has...
Family & Fun: Steel Pier Amusement Park
Las Vegas, Nevada
I love gambling (only Poker) so I usually get warmed up over at the Excalibur, although the last time I was there, they only had digital tables...
Night Life & Entertainment: Playing Poker
It's all about getting the lowest price possible for what you need in Sicily,Il. That's why our budget Sicily hotels are inexpensive but jam packed...
Food: Budget Sicily Hotels