The Bund, Shanghai, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Shanghai > The Bund
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The buildings lined along the Bund are built in different architectural styles: Gothic, Renaissance, Classic and Roman. This eclectic combination of mostly European styles give the Bund and international feel, and it seems like an exhibition of European architecture rather than a part of Shanghai.
Another landmark that you can find here is the Lover's Wall, a long flood prevention wall that has been considered the most romantic place in Shanghai in the past.
Zhongshan Rd, Jinshan, Shanghai, China
Recent travel tips for Shanghai
- Oriental Pearl TowerThe Bund is one of the landmarks of the city of Shanghai, but it's hard to imagine the Bund without the Oriental Pearl Tower rising just opposite it, across the Huangpu River. The tower is a recent addition to the Shanghai skyline (it [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Yu Yuan Gardens in ShanghaiWhen you think about China and gardens in the same sentence, the word that comes to mind is 'transquility'. But if that's what you think before visiting Yu Yuan Gardens, you will be sorely disappointed. Yu Yuan is anything but [...]D: 0.6mi00
- XintiandiShikumen, or stone gate houses, used to be the norm in the past in Shanghai, but most of them were razed to the ground to make way for modern buildings. One of the only places in Shanghai where you can still see them in Xintiandi, were the [...]D: n/a00
- Bi Feng TangShanghai is one of those cities where you won't have to go hungry until morning if you feel peckish in the middle of the night. There's a lot of street food, and many stall are open until late, but sometimes you feel like sitting [...]D: 2.4mi10
- Club JZIf you want live jazz in Shanghai, this is the place to go. Club JZ was established by two jazz musicians as a sort o gathering place for jazz lovers, but since then it has blossomed into the best venue for jazz in the city, where you can [...]D: 3.4mi00
Things about Shanghai you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to drive through austria, coming from germany, buy your highway tickets at the local tourist offices at germany. That saves you time,...
General: Highway tickets for Austria
If you are at Hamburg, go and visit the harbour area, especially the so called Speicherstadt. You can make boat rides through it and see the old...
History & Culture: Harbour part of the city
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
I recommend this restaurant for very tasty fish menus. The prices are very good and the food is even better. I was amazed by the long menu with all...
Food: Fish restaurant in Miskolctapolca
Islamabad Gharbi, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of Pakistan. To know more visit http://www...
General: Hotels in Islamabad
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe
This museum is heaps of fun for anyone who is interested in natural sciences, industry, and technology, and it's a good place to bring your kids to...
History & Culture: Oregon Museum of Science and Industry