Solomon R Guggenheim Museum, New York, New York
Travel tips > North America > United States > New York > Solomon R Guggenheim Museum
- General travel tip
- City center
My favorites are the works of Picasso and Kandinsky. Go there any time, it's not too crowded and the artwork is displayed in a relaxed way. This is not like those huge Museums where you could spend a week but rather a cozy place to spend 2 hours at.
1071 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128-0173
Students and Seniors (65 years +) with valid ID $15
Children under 12 Free
Sun–Wed 10 am–5:45 pm
Fri 10 am–5:45 pm
Sat 10 am–7:45 pm
Closed Thurs, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
Some galleries may close prior to 5:45 pm Sun–Wed and Fri (7:45 pm Sat)
How to get there:
Simply stay on the east side of Central Park, the Guggenheim Museum is located just about in the center of Central Park, just North of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
You can also take the 4 or 5 Subway North to 77th Street and then walk west towards Central Park
Recent travel tips for New York
- Century 21 Department StoreCentury 21 is located right across the street from the World Trade Center site. It's a terrible shop, but it has a ton of clothes inside. You really feel like you're at a warehouse, but it's often worth the visit if you are out to bargain [...]D: 3.4mi10
- Online is the wayI would like to suggest lastminutetravel.com as it really makes the entire process hassle free. [...]D: n/a20
- Chicago the MusicalChicago is one of the best musicals of all times. It is the 12th year of its hit and it's still a great success. I personally loved it and the movie as well. If you are in New York, you must go to the Broadway and watch some shows, they [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Ellis IslandEllis Island is the Island where immigrants landed first when coming to the US and home to the Statue of Liberty. Immigrants had to go through physical checkups before they were allowed to enter the country. But not only unhealthy [...]D: 5mi10
- Empire State BuildingThis is New York's symbol. It was New York's symbol before until it was replaced by the Twin Towers. Since September 11, the Empire State Building is the undisputed King of New York's skyline. It was built in the 1930ies and is [...]D: 0.6mi10
Things about New York you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
4 Days 3 Night Itinerary for Ooty: Day 1: Arrive into Coonoor and check into a homestay/ resort/bungalow at Coonoor. After lunch, get a taxi...
Sightseeing: 4 days 3 Nights Itinerary for Ooty
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
I am a loving lady who is seeking for my true love, I want to end my loneliness
General: Am a good girl
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing