Solomon R Guggenheim Museum, New York, New York
Travel tips > North America > United States > New York > Solomon R Guggenheim Museum
- General travel tip
- City center
My favorites are the works of Picasso and Kandinsky. Go there any time, it's not too crowded and the artwork is displayed in a relaxed way. This is not like those huge Museums where you could spend a week but rather a cozy place to spend 2 hours at.
1071 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128-0173
Students and Seniors (65 years +) with valid ID $15
Children under 12 Free
Sun–Wed 10 am–5:45 pm
Fri 10 am–5:45 pm
Sat 10 am–7:45 pm
Closed Thurs, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
Some galleries may close prior to 5:45 pm Sun–Wed and Fri (7:45 pm Sat)
How to get there:
Simply stay on the east side of Central Park, the Guggenheim Museum is located just about in the center of Central Park, just North of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
You can also take the 4 or 5 Subway North to 77th Street and then walk west towards Central Park
Recent travel tips for New York
- Apple Store SohoWhat should one say? Lots of things to admire for the fans of 'Multimedialand'. There is a little crowd, indeed, but you can enjoy the free internet terminals while you are waiting or just wandering around and dreaming. It's a nice place [...]D: 2.2mi00
- CieloCielo is one of the best clubs in the whole city. The music is always great, they usually have house on weekends and latin and hip hop on the rest of the week. You must be prepared that the club is rather expensive, both the drink and [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Empire State BuildingThis is New York's symbol. It was New York's symbol before until it was replaced by the Twin Towers. Since September 11, the Empire State Building is the undisputed King of New York's skyline. It was built in the 1930ies and is [...]D: 0.6mi10
- 230 FifthThis place is a popular hangout for both locals and tourists. It offers some of the most amazing views over New York. The place is huge with plenty of space around for everyone. From here you get an amazing view of the Empire State [...]D: 0.9mi21
- Caracas Arepa BarI'm a great fun of South America and South American food so I was very happy when I found this very interesting place. It is a great mixture of an arapera and a taguarita. Arepera is an all day opened Venezuelan restaurant, where you [...]D: 1.7mi00
Things about New York you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Lindau Bodensee, Germany
While in Lindau, make sure you visit the beautiful promenade and the city hall built during the 16th century. The entire city looks like a dioll...
General: Beautiful promenade and city hall
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
The only good thing I can tell about Bauma is that they have good jazz. The rest is a little strange. Some things are impossibly overpriced, like...
A new shopping mall, called Forum, opened close to the city center. It's a place where you really can spend a whole day :) And if you get bored,...
Shopping: The Forum and the Debrecen Plaza malls
You really should try the fish meals at Galway, always fresh from the sea.
General: The well known fishermen city
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
A building that is more than just a historical landmark, the Mission Inn Museum was shaped and developed throughout the years, trying to represent...
History & Culture: Mission Inn Museum
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head