Chinatown, New York, New York
Travel tips > North America > United States > New York > Chinatown
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
Now it's more of a middle class area and is known for it's excellent Chinese cuisine. You can, of course find here other kinds of Asian food, Vietnamese, Korean and others. There are many parades and festivals during Chinese holidays, they are very colorful and interesting.
The Eastern States Buddhist Temple is fascinating, there are 100 golden or at least gilded Buddha statues that are shining mysteriously in the candle light, it's beautiful.
You can also see musicians performing on the street or on squares, people are peacefully playing Chinese games in front of the restaurants and there are a lot of shops selling traditional Chinese stuff. Charming!
The area between Chambers Street, East River, Broadway and Canal Street.
Recent travel tips for New York
- Statue of liberty & Ellis IslandEverybody knows these two very important American landmarks. While the statue of liberty may be the more spectacular one, I wrongly recommend spending more time at Ellis Island. In fact if you want to take pictures, just don't get off the [...]D: 5mi00
- Peter Luger SteakhousePeter Luger is a great place to visit, when going to New York. It's in Brooklyn so it's a bit out of the way. Steaks come as large as you want them and the quality is excellent. [...]D: 2.9mi10
- Agora GalleryAgora Gallery, established 1984, is a fine art gallery dedicated to the promotion of national and international artists, providing quality and original art to established and emerging collectors, catering to special events in support of [...]D: 1.6mi30
- Brooklyn BridgeBrooklyn Bridge is one of the nicest bridges out there. What's really nice about it is that you can simply walk across and enjoy a beautiful view over Manhattan, Staten Island and the Statue of Liberty. I would recommend a walk across the [...]D: 3.3mi10
- Ayza Bar Wine and ChocolateThey have chocolate and a great list of wine. What else can you ask for? Good food, maybe, which they also have, actually. The staff is friendly and the ambiance is romantic, so it's great for a surprise dinner as well, if you are [...]D: 0.7mi10
Things about New York you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Salzburg, there´s not only the fact interesting that Mozart was born there. Also the medieval castle Hohensalzburg, built in 1077,...
History & Culture: Castle Hohensalzburg
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
If you are looking for a good restaurant for having lunch in the city center, i recommend the 'Walfisch', in english it means Wale. It´s an good...
Food: Restaurant Walfisch
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
On planning to visit Leh Ladakh via bike ride from Manali, then the best time would be June to September. You may need to travel at least 2 days by...
General: A complete guide to bike trip in ladakh
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
CLIMATE Morocco has several climatic zones, yet it is sunny for most of the year. Generally, the north has a Mediterranean climate, whereas it is...
History & Culture: Travel Tips For Morocco
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Albuquerque, New Mexico
For almost 3 miles you can view the mountainside of the Sandia Peak while you look down on the rocks and trees that change color as autumn comes...
Sightseeing: Sandia Peak Tramway