Walking around, New York, New York
Travel tips > North America > United States > New York > Walking around
- General travel tip
- City center
I usually continue through Tribecca and then stop at Chinatown (Canal Street) for some funky food... yummy.
Basically, keep walking and walking. New York is entertaining and very fun.
Another tip... try lunch at any of the crazy Chinese restaurants on Canal Street. Grab a nice big Prime Rib at night over at the Old Homestead.
Recent travel tips for New York
- Empire State BuildingThis is New York's symbol. It was New York's symbol before until it was replaced by the Twin Towers. Since September 11, the Empire State Building is the undisputed King of New York's skyline. It was built in the 1930ies and is [...]D: 0.6mi10
- B+H PhotoIt is heaven for all amateur photographers and not only. You will find here all the equipment you can possibly need to enjoy your hobby. It is very interesting even for those who just like to take photos, like me. You'll find here [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Bowery BallroomI have never seen something like this before. Bowery Ballroom is a theater stage transformed into a concert hall for young bands. There is a great bar under the stage where you can have a drink after the show. Many of the now very well [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Caracas Arepa BarI'm a great fun of South America and South American food so I was very happy when I found this very interesting place. It is a great mixture of an arapera and a taguarita. Arepera is an all day opened Venezuelan restaurant, where you [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Statue of liberty & Ellis IslandEverybody knows these two very important American landmarks. While the statue of liberty may be the more spectacular one, I wrongly recommend spending more time at Ellis Island. In fact if you want to take pictures, just don't get off the [...]D: 5mi00
Things about New York you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
If you are in the city around the end of april, you should visit the biggest procession of riders in europe. It is called 'the Blutritt', because...
History & Culture: The Blutritt
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
The monastery, that has been built 500 years ago, is one of the most amazing sights in Portugal. Its unique architecture, its white 'clean'...
History & Culture: The Monastery of St. Jerome
Small does not necessary mean boring. Covasna proves this theory. When I say this, among many things, I think about the nightlife here. Even if...
Night Life & Entertainment: Covasna's only disco (but it's worth a lot)
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
Singapore City, Singapore
This place is the place to go for those who would like to go for a treasure hunt, for all types of items, as the saying “one’s man...
Shopping: Thieves Flea Market @ Sungei Road, Singapore
Somalia is full of poverty and dangerous i recommend to choose another destination
General: Dont go
El Paso, Texas
Located downtown, the El Paso Museum of Art is small gem of artworks from European, Mexican and Latin-American artists. The best thing about the...
History & Culture: El Paso Museum of Art
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
It was a unique experience to visit an interactive museum, where you could attend workshops and experience for yourself the environment and...
History & Culture: Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale