Mexico Travel Guide
The white sand between your toes, view of the Mayan ruins, delectable cuisines and an ice cold bottle in your hands and you're in Mexico!
Population: 104 million
Currency: Peso - MXN ($1 US = $11.17 MEX)
Documents: Bring either a U.S. passport or a certified copy of a birth certificate and photo identification.
When to Go: This is a year round destination, but to provide a few parameters, the rainy season is from May to November, you will be fairly safe from the rain in mid-November to May. Mid-summer is tourist season and whenever demand is high expect to pay more for hotel accommodations, but this could be avoided if you plan ahead of time. However, restaurants frequented by tourist will still remain expensive. Cabo and Cancun are top Spring Break destinations so expect a good party scene at this time and if your not the college crowd or not in to the party scene, you’ll want to stay away.
Getting There: It’s most convenient to arrive by air and a majority of flights will arrive in Mexico City. It is also common for flights arriving from the US to arrive in Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Guadalajara and Cancun.
Mexico with its colorful history and rich traditions is an inviting vacation hot spot for everyone. Mexico enchants visitors with the perpetual warm weather, white sandy beaches, impressive Mayan ruins, an exhilarating night life, tantalizing cuisine made from a complex fusion of ingredients, excellent scuba diving and just spoiling a visitor with all of its natural charms. The following are some great places to visit, that offer tremendous variety:
Oaxaca the state capital known for it's famous folk art, architecture and wide selection of authentic food.
Acapulco provides a nesting ground for the rich and famous, but it doesn't play favorites and everyone is invited to relax on its beaches, take in the beauty of the bay and harbor to enjoying the nightlife when the discos come alive.
Cancun, commonly found on the top list of hot destinations, offers tranquil lagoons, sandbars, to various water sport activities for the active vacationer, to booze cruises makes it one of the most favorite Spring Break vacation spots and it appease every visitor on any type of budget.
Puerto Vallarta, a popular resort vacation spot, visitors come here to enjoy world class golf, old cobblestone streets, take a hot air balloon ride for scenic views of the vast bay to the vast Sierra Madre mountains, and top notch restaurants cooking up appetizing local dishes.
Cozumel is a heaven for scuba divers, home to the second largest reef in the world, the Palancar reef.
Mazatlan offers long stretch of golden beaches, Ixtapa is lined with luxurious resort getaways, Guadalajara – Mexico's second largest city is rich with culture, history and tradition.
You can't resist getting charmed by all that this country has to offer, so go to Mexico!
- Ciudad Juarez (address: LOPEZ MATEOS NO. 924, phone: 011-52-656-611-3000)
- Guadalajara (address: 175 Progreso Street, phone: 52 (33) 3268-2100)
- Monterrey (address: Av. Constitucion # 411 Pte., Monterrey, Mexico, phone: 81)8345-2120)
- Tijuana (address: Tapachula #96, Tijuana BC Mexico, phone: 52-664-622-7400)
- Hermosillo (address: Monterrey 141 Pte., Rosales y Galeana, CP83260 Hermosillo, Son., Mexico, phone: 662)289-3500)
- Matamoros (address: Calle Primera #2002, Col. Jardin, phone: 011 (52 )(868) 812-4402)
- Merida (address: Paseo de Montejo No. 453 x Av. Colon, phone: 52) (999) 925-5011)
- Nogales (address: P.O. Box 1729 Nogales, AZ 85628, phone: 011-52-631-313-4820)
- Nuevo Laredo (address: Calle Allende 3330, Col. Jardin, Nuevo Laredo, Tamps, MX 88260, phone: 52) 867-714-0512)
- Mexico (State of Texas - Mexico Office, link: http://www.tded.state.tx.us/trade/)
- Mexico City (Embassy, link: http://mexico.usembassy.gov/)
Things about Mexico you may be interested in
Browse Mexico Travel Deals
- Posada Real Los Cabos - All-Inclusive Resort $42
- CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa $95
- Royal Solaris Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort $99
- Golden Crown Paradise Adults Only All-Incl. $100
- Free flower arrangement: Miramar Condominiums $115
- Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Ctr $150
- Alegranza Condo Special in Los Cabos $170
- Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort $187
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe, Cabo San Lucas $188
Browse Mexico Travel Guides by Cities
Ciudad Del Carmen
Recent Travel Guides from Mexico
As a result of its great location and according to many Ecatepec travel guides, Ecatepec is an important business centre, but also a major tourist attraction in Mexico. The city offers a combination of modern, contemporary architecture and beautifully preserved buildings dating back to the eighteen century and a spectacular view over the volcanic mountains. Read more »
Its name comes from ”Nahui-Calli-Pan”, with the derived meaning of ’Place of the Four Houses’. Founded in 1574, Naucalpan de Juárez has a population of around 792,230 inhabitants. It is also one of the most industrialized city in Mexic today located 29 miles from Toluca and 51 miles from Puebla. ... Read more »
This Saltillo travel-guide refers to the capital city of the northern Mexican state of Coahuila and it will give you all the basic information you need to know when travelling in the area. Saltillo is just 90 kilometers west of the larger and more impressive Monterrey, so you can always take a day trip and explore that area as well. Although it has more than 633.... Read more »
Toluca city, Mexico, is not a very popular tourist destination. A little off-the-track, Toluca is visited by only a handful of people; but if you are one with a particular distaste for over-crowded places, you must and must head for Toluca. Being the capital of the State of Mexico and part of the second largest exurb of Mexico City (which is just 63 km away) Toluca has exceptional connections.... Read more »
Toluca beckons tourists with its wealth of natural, historical and cultural treasures. If on the one hand you have the Nevado de Toluca Volcano representing the city’s natural wealth, you also have archeological sites and instances of exceptional architecture in Toluca. All you need to do is plan your trip ahead and then you can go exploring the many Toluca sights. Read more »