Honolulu Travel Tips, Hawaii
Travel tips > North America > United States > Honolulu travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Honolulu travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (2)
- Night Life & Entertainment (4)
- Outdoors Activities (4)
- Food (2)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Shopping (1)
- Public Transportation (1)
- Beaches (1)
- Sports & Wellness (1)
Browse Honolulu travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Honolulu travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Honolulu or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Honolulu travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Honolulu
- Manoa FallsI don't know why so many visitors to Hawaii miss out on seeing the rainforest. Just ten minutes from Waikiki you can find a great trail that leads to a gorgeous waterfall. Manoa Falls trail is free, well maintained, and gorgeous. [...]D: 2.4mi00
- The Willows in HonoluluTh Willows is a great experience, it is an essence of Hawaiian mentality. The style is mostly local as much of the food was Hawaiian specialties, but there were a lot of Asian and other kinds of food. The Willows is much like a buffet, [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Hawaii Wellness InstituteHawaii Wellness Institute is an association with the purpose of educating people hoe to live their lives healthier from every point of view. They have courses in weekends and also in evenings about how we can maintain our physical and [...]D: 6mi00
- Arnold's in HonoluluArnold's is a very sweet campy tiki bar on Saratoga road across the street from a post office. The bar is small, but there are great things in it from good, some of the best, cocktails to live blues, country and rock music in the evenings. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Sunset on the BeachSunset on the Beach is the kind of entertainment that should be offered in every city. It is fantastic, it's a free movie place on the beach. Films are shown on weekends, on an about 10 meters (30 feet) screen and they are good movies [...]D: n/a00
- Pearl HarbourPearl Harbour is an absolute must see in Honolulu. First you arrive to the Visitor Center and from there boats take you to the actual memorial. Visitor Center is also amazing, there are a lot of things to see from pictures to the objects of [...]D: n/a00
- Aloha TowerAloha Tower is mostly known for being a shopping center with many restaurants of all kinds. However, it is more than that. It is a 10 story building constructed in 1926 in the very heart of Honolulu. The Tower itself is beautiful and the [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Hanauma Bay in HonoluluHanauma Bay is wonderful for the lovers of snorkeling, but not only. It is like being in an aquarium. I couldn't believe how close I was to those wonderful sea creatures, they are so beautiful and with all the colors you can imagine. Of [...]D: n/a00
- Diamond HeadDiamond Head is one of the most beautiful and famous craters in the world. When British sailors first saw it from a distance they thought about the crystals in the soil that they are diamonds, that's where the name came from. It is a [...]D: n/a00
- The Bus in HonoluluThe means of public transportation in Honolulu and the whole island is The Bus. There are some 80 Bus routes only for the Honolulu area, including Waikiki and Pearl Harbor. A lot of people use it and it's really very good, one of the [...]D: n/a00
- Waikiki BeachThey say Paradise is lost. I think not, it is still there and is called Waikiki. This place is wonderful. You can do everything you can possibly imagine! The nature is perfect, the beaches, the waves and the small island nearby, I loved [...]D: n/a00
- Rumours Night Club in HonoluluI went to Romours three times when I was in Honolulu and I loved it very much. It is diverse and very pleasant. Nobody cares if you just jump in from work or if you come in a nice club-dress. It is closed from Monday to Wednesday, but [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Local customs in HonoluluFirst useful thing is not to get frightened if you don't understand the locals immediately. In Hawaii they speak pidgin English which uses many different words, pronunciations and word order than English. Don't worry, you will get the idea [...]D: n/a10
- Iolani Palace in HonoluluIolani Palace is one of the landmarks of Hawaii. Built in 1882, the palace is the only place in the whole USA that was the residence of a reigning monarch. Hawaii's last two royal rulers, King David Kalakaua and his sister and successor, [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Indigo RestaurantIndigo is located between Chinatown and Downtown Honolulu. Their food, officially 'Modern Asian Cuisine', is just amazing. All thanks for Chef Glenn Chu. I think the man is an artist. The place is a little posh, but only a little. Their [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Ala Moana CenterI think Ala Moana Center is the best place in Honolulu if you came with a little extra money for shopping. It is a mall after all, but it's real fantastic. They say there are about 300 shops and restaurants, I couldn't count, but maybe it's [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Rainbow Scuba Diving –The BestScuba diving, whether you are a beginner or a professional, is for everyone a challenge. For me it was the most memorable experience of my life. I went on holiday to Oahu, Hawaii with some friends and we wanted to try out scuba diving. We [...]D: 2mi30
- Zanzabar NightclubGreat night spot in Waikiki, it's the best place to go when you are in Honolulu, especially on Friday nights. There is always great music, wonderful cocktails and the best staff I ever met in a nightclub. They also have a VIP room for [...]D: n/a10
Things about Honolulu you may be interested in
Honolulu Travel guide
Recent Honolulu flights found by Travelgrove users
- $138 Itali Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Lanai City, HI (LNY) Honolulu, HI (HNL) 07/10/2023 07:25 am Honolulu, HI (HNL) Lanai City, HI (LNY) 07/21/2023 07:25 am
- $269 Itali Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Kona, HI (KOA) Honolulu, HI (HNL) 10/03/2023 09:20 am Honolulu, HI (HNL) Kona, HI (KOA) 10/11/2023 08:45 am
- $286 Itali Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Kahului, HI (OGG) Honolulu, HI (HNL) 06/23/2023 12:15 pm Honolulu, HI (HNL) Kahului, HI (OGG) 07/02/2023 04:25 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
Nightlife in Bangalore is amazing....it has umpteen number of pubs, lounges, restaurants, motels and hotels....this is the place to be ...:)
Night Life & Entertainment: The Vidhan Soudha
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
Though having a reputation of being perfect for business meetings, with its chandelier and silver cutlery, the Da Forni Restaurant is an elegant...
Food: Da Forni Restaurant
Hanoi, Papua New Guinea
Vietnam shares its borders with Laos, Cambodia and China. It presents wonderful opportunities to discover it’s natural and wonder tourist...
General: How to choose a Vietnam luxury tour?
Islamabad Gharbi, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of Pakistan. To know more visit http://www...
General: Hotels in Islamabad
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant