Pearl Harbour, Honolulu, Hawaii
Travel tips > North America > United States > Honolulu > Pearl Harbour
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Out in the memorial you can see amazing battleships. My favorite was the USS Arizona, shot and sunk in the attack. But there are others as well. You can go on board of USS Missouri and other ships as well. It's really great to get a clue about how those men lived on this base.
One can fill pages with the things you can see there, and you have to see it all, at least for honoring those 1102 soldiers who lost their life on 7 December 1941.
We took a tour which was $65 per person.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Honolulu
- Hawaii Wellness InstituteHawaii Wellness Institute is an association with the purpose of educating people hoe to live their lives healthier from every point of view. They have courses in weekends and also in evenings about how we can maintain our physical and [...]D: 6mi00
- Manoa FallsI don't know why so many visitors to Hawaii miss out on seeing the rainforest. Just ten minutes from Waikiki you can find a great trail that leads to a gorgeous waterfall. Manoa Falls trail is free, well maintained, and gorgeous. [...]D: 2.4mi00
- Local customs in HonoluluFirst useful thing is not to get frightened if you don't understand the locals immediately. In Hawaii they speak pidgin English which uses many different words, pronunciations and word order than English. Don't worry, you will get the idea [...]D: n/a10
- Zanzabar NightclubGreat night spot in Waikiki, it's the best place to go when you are in Honolulu, especially on Friday nights. There is always great music, wonderful cocktails and the best staff I ever met in a nightclub. They also have a VIP room for [...]D: n/a10
- Arnold's in HonoluluArnold's is a very sweet campy tiki bar on Saratoga road across the street from a post office. The bar is small, but there are great things in it from good, some of the best, cocktails to live blues, country and rock music in the evenings. [...]D: 0.3mi00
Things about Honolulu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Prague, Czech Republic
Ocated in the northern area of the Castle district, Golden Lane is a small street with picturesque and colorful houses, some of them date back to...
Sightseeing: Golden Lane in Prague
I went to the Big Easy for brunch last week on a rainy Sunday. It's been an excellent experience. They have a wide varietay of food. I...
Food: Awesome Brunch at The Big Easy
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
If you want to buy some food but you don't want to pay as much as you would have to in Paralia, I suggest you to try that small supermarket we used...
Shopping: Cheap supermarket near Paralia
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
Seoul, South Korea
Attracting both locals and foreign visitors, Tosokchon, this cozy little place, based in hut-like apartments is a popular Korean locale. We went...
The CNN Tower is interesting because of its importance and its sheer size, but other than that there is not much to do or look at here. The studio...
History & Culture: CNN Center in Atlanta
Fort Worth, Texas
Perfect for a picnic, a tranquil stroll on a warm day or just for photographic preferences, the Fort Worth Botanic Garden is open to the public all...
Sightseeing: Fort Worth Botanic Garden
Saint Louis, Missouri
There are so many amenities and facilities that are located in the heart of Saint Louis, in Forest Park that a whole day would not be enough to see...
Outdoors Activities: Forest Park
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market