Local customs in Honolulu, Hawaii
Travel tips > North America > United States > Honolulu > Local customs in Honolulu
- General travel tip
- City center
You will get a 'lei' - flower necklace as soon as you get off your airplane. You can also get some in parks or beaches. Do not reject it, it's very rude. Most leis are made of silk flowers, so don't worry about allergy.
If you befriend someone in Hawaii and get invited into his/her home, don't forget to remove your shoes before entering the house. It is an important local custom - and seems very logical to me. It is rudeness to leave your shoes on, but hopefully there will be a string of shoes at the actual door that will remind you.
Hope this will helped. Hawaiian people are amazing, by the way. :)
Anywhere and everywhere.
Paying some attention is entirely free.
Recent travel tips for Honolulu
- Sunset on the BeachSunset on the Beach is the kind of entertainment that should be offered in every city. It is fantastic, it's a free movie place on the beach. Films are shown on weekends, on an about 10 meters (30 feet) screen and they are good movies [...]D: n/a00
- Hanauma Bay in HonoluluHanauma Bay is wonderful for the lovers of snorkeling, but not only. It is like being in an aquarium. I couldn't believe how close I was to those wonderful sea creatures, they are so beautiful and with all the colors you can imagine. Of [...]D: n/a00
- Aloha TowerAloha Tower is mostly known for being a shopping center with many restaurants of all kinds. However, it is more than that. It is a 10 story building constructed in 1926 in the very heart of Honolulu. The Tower itself is beautiful and the [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Ala Moana CenterI think Ala Moana Center is the best place in Honolulu if you came with a little extra money for shopping. It is a mall after all, but it's real fantastic. They say there are about 300 shops and restaurants, I couldn't count, but maybe it's [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Hawaii Wellness InstituteHawaii Wellness Institute is an association with the purpose of educating people hoe to live their lives healthier from every point of view. They have courses in weekends and also in evenings about how we can maintain our physical and [...]D: 6mi00
Things about Honolulu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Are you looking for a trip that offers you a chance to get off the beaten track in Northern Vietnam. In addition to that, it is still able to...
General: Off the beaten track Travel by Custom Vietnam Travel
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
The all-inclusive Rajasthan Tours are a vast option for those travelers who not only crave to trip spectacular places but as well learn the history...
History & Culture: Remarkable Rajasthan Tours with Majestic Stay at Jaipur Hotels
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; email@example.com I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
We wen to learn some dancing in the Sons of Herman Hall and it ended up to be one the greatest nights of our stay in Dallas. The 'teachers'...
Night Life & Entertainment: Sons of Hermann Hall
If you want to go skiing for a day in Austria, use the city as a starting point to go to the different skiing areas.
General: Skiing for a day