Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, Hawaii
Travel tips > North America > United States > Honolulu > Waikiki Beach
- Beaches travel tip
- City center
The nature is perfect, the beaches, the waves and the small island nearby, I loved it all and can't wait to go back. I also tries to learn surf, with little success - maybe next time. :)
There were a lot of tourists but everyone seems so happy and free that you wouldn't even care about a little crowd. Landscapes are perfect and there are a lot of very good restaurants and bars.
The only bad thing I saw was that there are so many homeless people wandering on parts of the beaches and around them, but it took nothing from the general splendor.
Waikiki, Honolulu, HI
It is a little expensive to stay and eat, but worth every cent you spend.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Honolulu
- Sunset on the BeachSunset on the Beach is the kind of entertainment that should be offered in every city. It is fantastic, it's a free movie place on the beach. Films are shown on weekends, on an about 10 meters (30 feet) screen and they are good movies [...]D: n/a00
- Hanauma Bay in HonoluluHanauma Bay is wonderful for the lovers of snorkeling, but not only. It is like being in an aquarium. I couldn't believe how close I was to those wonderful sea creatures, they are so beautiful and with all the colors you can imagine. Of [...]D: n/a00
- Iolani Palace in HonoluluIolani Palace is one of the landmarks of Hawaii. Built in 1882, the palace is the only place in the whole USA that was the residence of a reigning monarch. Hawaii's last two royal rulers, King David Kalakaua and his sister and successor, [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Hawaii Wellness InstituteHawaii Wellness Institute is an association with the purpose of educating people hoe to live their lives healthier from every point of view. They have courses in weekends and also in evenings about how we can maintain our physical and [...]D: 6mi00
- The Bus in HonoluluThe means of public transportation in Honolulu and the whole island is The Bus. There are some 80 Bus routes only for the Honolulu area, including Waikiki and Pearl Harbor. A lot of people use it and it's really very good, one of the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Honolulu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Take a look at the 'Zeppelin museum' in the city center, at the lake of constance. Afterwards you can enjoy the promenade at the lake.
General: Take a look what the city has got to offer
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
Tripoli - Sabrata - Nalut - Ghadames - Ghat - Acacus - Murzuk Sand Sea -Wadi Mathendoush - Germa - Ubari Sand Sea – Desert Lakes - Sabha -...
General: Detailed tour tip
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Saint Louis, Missouri
Being the most popular and well-known place for its specialty malts and shakes, the Crown Candy Kitchen is something of a St. Louis tradition,...
Food: Crown Candy Kitchen
Virginia Beach, Virginia
A bit more off the track park without benches and paved ways but instead, False Cape State Park is a big territory with trees, sand, camping and...
Sightseeing: False Cape State Park