Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, Hawaii
Travel tips > North America > United States > Honolulu > Waikiki Beach
- Beaches travel tip
- City center
The nature is perfect, the beaches, the waves and the small island nearby, I loved it all and can't wait to go back. I also tries to learn surf, with little success - maybe next time. :)
There were a lot of tourists but everyone seems so happy and free that you wouldn't even care about a little crowd. Landscapes are perfect and there are a lot of very good restaurants and bars.
The only bad thing I saw was that there are so many homeless people wandering on parts of the beaches and around them, but it took nothing from the general splendor.
Waikiki, Honolulu, HI
It is a little expensive to stay and eat, but worth every cent you spend.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Honolulu
- Rumours Night Club in HonoluluI went to Romours three times when I was in Honolulu and I loved it very much. It is diverse and very pleasant. Nobody cares if you just jump in from work or if you come in a nice club-dress. It is closed from Monday to Wednesday, but [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Manoa FallsI don't know why so many visitors to Hawaii miss out on seeing the rainforest. Just ten minutes from Waikiki you can find a great trail that leads to a gorgeous waterfall. Manoa Falls trail is free, well maintained, and gorgeous. [...]D: 2.4mi00
- Ala Moana CenterI think Ala Moana Center is the best place in Honolulu if you came with a little extra money for shopping. It is a mall after all, but it's real fantastic. They say there are about 300 shops and restaurants, I couldn't count, but maybe it's [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Hanauma Bay in HonoluluHanauma Bay is wonderful for the lovers of snorkeling, but not only. It is like being in an aquarium. I couldn't believe how close I was to those wonderful sea creatures, they are so beautiful and with all the colors you can imagine. Of [...]D: n/a00
- The Bus in HonoluluThe means of public transportation in Honolulu and the whole island is The Bus. There are some 80 Bus routes only for the Honolulu area, including Waikiki and Pearl Harbor. A lot of people use it and it's really very good, one of the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Honolulu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
While visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to...
General: The white cliffs of Dover
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
Dont forget to view this great religious place atop a hill. For tips on travel in mysore visit mysorehub.com
General: Chamundi Hills
Going to Atlanta by plane? Than fly with Delta to Atlanta - they usually have very competitive rates - or choose US Airways what has got the...
General: Going to Atlanta by plane
One of the world's most prestigeous univercities, Massachusetts Institute of Technology covers a 70 hectare area and has got a lot of...
Sightseeing: Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MIT
Buffalo, New York
If you travel to Buffalo, you definitely shouldn't miss taking part on a Spirit of Buffalo Sailing Adventure. The crew is awesome, they are very...
History & Culture: Spirit of Buffalo Sailing Adventure
For a better overview of the German Village in Columbus you should purchase their Walking Tour Books at either the Franklin Art Glass Studio (222 E...
History & Culture: German Village in Columbus
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley