Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, Hawaii
Travel tips > North America > United States > Honolulu > Waikiki Beach
- Beaches travel tip
- City center
The nature is perfect, the beaches, the waves and the small island nearby, I loved it all and can't wait to go back. I also tries to learn surf, with little success - maybe next time. :)
There were a lot of tourists but everyone seems so happy and free that you wouldn't even care about a little crowd. Landscapes are perfect and there are a lot of very good restaurants and bars.
The only bad thing I saw was that there are so many homeless people wandering on parts of the beaches and around them, but it took nothing from the general splendor.
Waikiki, Honolulu, HI
It is a little expensive to stay and eat, but worth every cent you spend.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Honolulu
- Manoa FallsI don't know why so many visitors to Hawaii miss out on seeing the rainforest. Just ten minutes from Waikiki you can find a great trail that leads to a gorgeous waterfall. Manoa Falls trail is free, well maintained, and gorgeous. [...]D: 2.4mi00
- The Bus in HonoluluThe means of public transportation in Honolulu and the whole island is The Bus. There are some 80 Bus routes only for the Honolulu area, including Waikiki and Pearl Harbor. A lot of people use it and it's really very good, one of the [...]D: n/a00
- Iolani Palace in HonoluluIolani Palace is one of the landmarks of Hawaii. Built in 1882, the palace is the only place in the whole USA that was the residence of a reigning monarch. Hawaii's last two royal rulers, King David Kalakaua and his sister and successor, [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Local customs in HonoluluFirst useful thing is not to get frightened if you don't understand the locals immediately. In Hawaii they speak pidgin English which uses many different words, pronunciations and word order than English. Don't worry, you will get the idea [...]D: n/a10
- Rumours Night Club in HonoluluI went to Romours three times when I was in Honolulu and I loved it very much. It is diverse and very pleasant. Nobody cares if you just jump in from work or if you come in a nice club-dress. It is closed from Monday to Wednesday, but [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Honolulu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
A very walkable cosmopolitan city and extremely pleasant in February. Fantastic food, fun and great people, be sure to take a walking tour of the...
Sightseeing: The chocolate factory and other fascinating sights
Can someone tell me how cost to rent a scooter per day in paralia greece
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
Liliput golf is singapore's first themed mini indoor golf course that caters to both adults and children. In this golf course people will have...
Family & Fun: Lilliput golf
Visit Bratislava in November or December if you would like to see all the streets decorated, beautiful Christmas trees on the squares and of course...
Family & Fun: Christmas Market, Bratislava
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
Featuring Middle-Eastern cuisine for over 20 years now, the Nazareth Restaurant & Deli welcomes the hungry man with open, friendly faces and...
Food: Nazareth Restaurant & Deli
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
Johannesburg, South Africa
The nightlife in Johannesburg has actually become way better than in the past. More clubs are being opened and re-vamped to look better and bigger....
Night Life & Entertainment: Joburg Nightlife