Hanauma Bay in Honolulu, Hawaii
Travel tips > North America > United States > Honolulu > Hanauma Bay in Honolulu
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Of course, as the bay is protected and there are so many people in the waters, the fish became accustomed to man's presence, so they are not afraid to come close. They are wonderful and some very big, I have only seen such fish in aquariums, and those were very small.
Before you enter the sea, you'll have to watch a film about how to be be responsible and protect the bay and the creatures. Go early, because the number of people admitted in a day is limited and parking places also fill up very quickly. And last, but not least, also bring an underwater camera if possible, you won't regret it.
Hours vary according to the season. You can check the wabsite for the time you want to go.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Honolulu
- The Willows in HonoluluTh Willows is a great experience, it is an essence of Hawaiian mentality. The style is mostly local as much of the food was Hawaiian specialties, but there were a lot of Asian and other kinds of food. The Willows is much like a buffet, [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Zanzabar NightclubGreat night spot in Waikiki, it's the best place to go when you are in Honolulu, especially on Friday nights. There is always great music, wonderful cocktails and the best staff I ever met in a nightclub. They also have a VIP room for [...]D: n/a10
- Rumours Night Club in HonoluluI went to Romours three times when I was in Honolulu and I loved it very much. It is diverse and very pleasant. Nobody cares if you just jump in from work or if you come in a nice club-dress. It is closed from Monday to Wednesday, but [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Indigo RestaurantIndigo is located between Chinatown and Downtown Honolulu. Their food, officially 'Modern Asian Cuisine', is just amazing. All thanks for Chef Glenn Chu. I think the man is an artist. The place is a little posh, but only a little. Their [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Local customs in HonoluluFirst useful thing is not to get frightened if you don't understand the locals immediately. In Hawaii they speak pidgin English which uses many different words, pronunciations and word order than English. Don't worry, you will get the idea [...]D: n/a10
Things about Honolulu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Who doesnt know these little plastic stones and who didnt play with Lego? I think nobody. If you are on your vacation with your family in Denmark...
Family & Fun: Legoland
Sign up for free guest lists at all the nigh clubs in Valencia while contributing to charity at https://xceed.me/events/valencia
Night Life & Entertainment: Free entry to night clubs
While visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to...
General: The white cliffs of Dover
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
Las Pinas, Philippines
MARBLES resto bar, billiards and ktv located along Alabang Zapote road has been one of Las Pinas' pioneer gimmick spots with its 11 pool tables,...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar, Billiards,KTV and Live Bands
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
Belen, New Mexico
The Doodlebug was a self powered single-car train that carried mail, small freight and commuters between Belen and Albuquerque, New Mexico, in the...
Sightseeing: Doodlebug Train
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz