New Orleans Travel Tips, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these New Orleans travel tip categories:
- General (2)
- History & Culture (3)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Food (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Shopping (1)
Browse New Orleans travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' New Orleans travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for New Orleans or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these New Orleans travel tips.
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Old Ursulines ConventThe oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture that you could possibly find anywhere. In addition to the main building, you can also see the [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Preservation HallIt would be just plain wring to leave New Orleans without listening live to some real New Orleans jazz, and there's no better place for it then the Preservation Hall, a venue that's been functioning since 1961. The place opens and 8 PM [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Cafe du Monde in New OrleansBeignets are one of the most famous sweets in Southern cuisine, and they are about as beloved by New Orleans residents as donuts are in other American cities. These deep fried dough cakes sprinkled with lots of powdered sugar are best [...]D: 0.7mi00
- The Cabildo in New OrleansThe Cabildo used to be the seat o the colonial government in Louisiana some centuries ago, but today it is quite an interesting museum, especially for those who have an interest in history. The original building was destroyed during teh [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Tipitina's in New orleansTipitina's was featured in The Big Easy, the 1987 film, and it is one o the liveslies night spot in the city. It is a venue where you can see some interesting (and famous) indie bands, but at least once a week there are jazz nights as [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1This interesting city has some interesting cemeteries, and among the 40 graveyards scattered around New Orleans, Saint Louis no. 1 is one of the most interesting. Like in typical New Orleanean cemeteries, the graves are all built above [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Molly's pub in New OrleansIt's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French colinists), but Molly's is one of the liveliest and most welcoming watering holes in the Vieux Carre. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Mr. B's BistroOne of the most important things to do as a visitor in New Orleans in taste the mouth-watering local specialties, one of which is the famous gumbo, a mix of rice, seafood and all sorts of other good stuff. Each chef has their own gumbo [...]D: 0.1mi00
- St. Louis CathedralSt. Louis is the oldest functioning cathedral in the US, but it doesn't look much like it used to in the 18th century, when it was built. It is a tall, slender structure painted in white, quite interesting as far as churches go. It is [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Historic Voodoo Museum in New OrleansVoodoo is an important part of New Orleans culture, and not only because it is still practiced by some, in the form of gris-gris and other spells, but because there have been some influential voodoo queens in the city (Marie Laveau)and [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Mardi Gras WorldIf you haven't had the chance to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans, you can at least see the floats at the Mardi Gras World. Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also [...]D: n/a00
- New Orleans SilversmithsIf you happen to be in need of some fancy jewelry in New Orleans, or if you just want to splurge on a souvenir, browse through the offer of New Orleans Silversmiths, a jeweler's shop which specializes in antique silverware, holloware, [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Jackson Square in New OrleansThe French Quarter in New Orleans is the heart of the city, and you can't get any closer to the heart of the Vieux Carré (as the Quarter is also called)is Jackson Square, a historic park with plenty to show off with. It is one of the [...]D: n/a00
- French Market in New OrleansIf you want to have a taste of the genuine New Orleans, just visit the colourful French Market, which occupies a couple pf blocks of the French Quarter. This is the oldest public market in America, established in the 18th centuries, and [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop BarLafitte's Blacksmith claims to be one of the oldest bars in the United States, and even if that's not accurate, this pub is pretty old anyway - it was built in 1722. It might not seem like much, but the building survived two fires, and it [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
Recent New Orleans flights found by Travelgrove users
- $151 American Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW) New Orleans, LA (MSY) 01/28/2015 07:30 pm New Orleans, LA (MSY) Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW) 02/04/2015 06:45 am
- $165 United Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Dallas, TX (DAL) New Orleans, LA (MSY) 01/28/2015 11:45 am New Orleans, LA (MSY) Dallas, TX (DAL) 02/04/2015 01:26 pm
- $173 Frontier Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Denver, CO (DEN) New Orleans, LA (MSY) 12/02/2014 08:40 am New Orleans, LA (MSY) Denver, CO (DEN) 12/06/2014 12:45 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to drive through austria, coming from germany, buy your highway tickets at the local tourist offices at germany. That saves you time,...
General: Highway tickets for Austria
The Malaga city center is very beautiful. It's made up of many old houses. You can really see the amount of money that Spain once had from the...
Sightseeing: Walk around in the old city center
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Breakthrough cafe is a great place for people to try the traditional local desert known as the cendol it originated from South east Asia and...
Food: Breakthrough Cafe
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Combination of Eastern and Western style architecture is what decorates the buildings along Dihua Street. During the Japanese occupancy, many rich...
Sightseeing: Dihua Street
Located at the city limits of Aurora and very close to Denver, Cherry Creek State Park is perfect for a day out or for camping. The whole area is...
Outdoors Activities: Cherry Creek State Park
Buena Park, California
This is the Halloween event of the well known theme park, Knott's Berry Farm. You should really see it. It offers everything you would expect...
Family & Fun: Great Halloween Program at Knott's Scary Farm
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park