Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Mardi Gras World
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also provide props to lots of other festivals and venues.
You can see ready-made floats, and also see the artists at work, and find out more about the traditions of the festival.
1380 Port of New Orleans Place
$18.50 adults, $14.50 seniors and $11.50 children (3-11)
7 days a week from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, tours every 30 minutes
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Mr. B's BistroOne of the most important things to do as a visitor in New Orleans in taste the mouth-watering local specialties, one of which is the famous gumbo, a mix of rice, seafood and all sorts of other good stuff. Each chef has their own gumbo [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Cafe du Monde in New OrleansBeignets are one of the most famous sweets in Southern cuisine, and they are about as beloved by New Orleans residents as donuts are in other American cities. These deep fried dough cakes sprinkled with lots of powdered sugar are best [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop BarLafitte's Blacksmith claims to be one of the oldest bars in the United States, and even if that's not accurate, this pub is pretty old anyway - it was built in 1722. It might not seem like much, but the building survived two fires, and it [...]D: 0.6mi00
- St. Louis CathedralSt. Louis is the oldest functioning cathedral in the US, but it doesn't look much like it used to in the 18th century, when it was built. It is a tall, slender structure painted in white, quite interesting as far as churches go. It is [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1This interesting city has some interesting cemeteries, and among the 40 graveyards scattered around New Orleans, Saint Louis no. 1 is one of the most interesting. Like in typical New Orleanean cemeteries, the graves are all built above [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When going to this place make sure you stay at a 4star,you will enjoy your holiday better.
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
I really enjoyed my dinner here the other night. Although it's not cheap by any means, the food and atmosphere are great and the service is even...
Food: Eat at 'Das Weisse Haus'
If you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the...
Public Transportation: Check the bus and train schedules
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Siem Reap is one of the most enchanting city in Indochina where you can enjoy peaceful nature, stunning temples of Angkor, colourful life on Tonle...
General: Top things to enjoy in Siem Reap
This burial ground is located in the south of Marrakesh and it is a beautiful example of the Arabic art and architecture. It is a burial place...
Sightseeing: The Saadian Tombs
Mamaia is one of the best points of atraction on the Black Sea Beach on the Romanian teritory. The principal point of atraction in Mamaia is the...
General: Aqua Magic, Mamaia
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
Memphis is all about blues and BBQs. The Rum Boogie Cafe has been open since 1985 and has seen such famous artists such as Elvis Presley, Joe Walsh...
Night Life & Entertainment: Rum Boogie Café