Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Mardi Gras World
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also provide props to lots of other festivals and venues.
You can see ready-made floats, and also see the artists at work, and find out more about the traditions of the festival.
1380 Port of New Orleans Place
$18.50 adults, $14.50 seniors and $11.50 children (3-11)
7 days a week from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, tours every 30 minutes
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Old Ursulines ConventThe oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture that you could possibly find anywhere. In addition to the main building, you can also see the [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Historic Voodoo Museum in New OrleansVoodoo is an important part of New Orleans culture, and not only because it is still practiced by some, in the form of gris-gris and other spells, but because there have been some influential voodoo queens in the city (Marie Laveau)and [...]D: 0.6mi00
- The Cabildo in New OrleansThe Cabildo used to be the seat o the colonial government in Louisiana some centuries ago, but today it is quite an interesting museum, especially for those who have an interest in history. The original building was destroyed during teh [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Mr. B's BistroOne of the most important things to do as a visitor in New Orleans in taste the mouth-watering local specialties, one of which is the famous gumbo, a mix of rice, seafood and all sorts of other good stuff. Each chef has their own gumbo [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Molly's pub in New OrleansIt's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French colinists), but Molly's is one of the liveliest and most welcoming watering holes in the Vieux Carre. [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Founded by a Spanish man, Jaime Partagas, in 1845, this cigar factory is one the largest and most famous in Cuba. Visiting the factory is a must...
Sightseeing: Fabrica de Tabaco Partagas
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Corpus Christi, Texas
Though visited mainly by families with kids, the Corpus Christi Museum of Science of and History might prove quite entertaining for adult groups...
History & Culture: Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History
A real piece of history from the 20th century which has been restored and is as new as ever. Also known as the 'Floating White House', the...
Sightseeing: USS Potomac
Betsy Ross is a true American icon, because according to its descendants, she was the one who sew the first national flag of the United States. The...
History & Culture: The Betsy Ross House
One of the main entertainment joints in Tulsa is Cain's Ballroom, which has grown from a garage into a well-known and favorite among locals...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cain's Ballroom
Da Nang, Vietnam
If you are keen on to spend a holiday to Vietnam a bit different from usual itineraries that almost everyone follow it then there’s something...
Sightseeing: Motorbike holiday to Vietnam