Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Mardi Gras World
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also provide props to lots of other festivals and venues.
You can see ready-made floats, and also see the artists at work, and find out more about the traditions of the festival.
1380 Port of New Orleans Place
$18.50 adults, $14.50 seniors and $11.50 children (3-11)
7 days a week from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, tours every 30 minutes
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Old Ursulines ConventThe oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture that you could possibly find anywhere. In addition to the main building, you can also see the [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Jackson Square in New OrleansThe French Quarter in New Orleans is the heart of the city, and you can't get any closer to the heart of the Vieux Carré (as the Quarter is also called)is Jackson Square, a historic park with plenty to show off with. It is one of the [...]D: n/a00
- St. Louis CathedralSt. Louis is the oldest functioning cathedral in the US, but it doesn't look much like it used to in the 18th century, when it was built. It is a tall, slender structure painted in white, quite interesting as far as churches go. It is [...]D: 0.5mi00
- French Market in New OrleansIf you want to have a taste of the genuine New Orleans, just visit the colourful French Market, which occupies a couple pf blocks of the French Quarter. This is the oldest public market in America, established in the 18th centuries, and [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1This interesting city has some interesting cemeteries, and among the 40 graveyards scattered around New Orleans, Saint Louis no. 1 is one of the most interesting. Like in typical New Orleanean cemeteries, the graves are all built above [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The best way to visit Bruges is ... on foot. Of course, I recommend also to take a boat through the superb canals, but rather than that only on...
General: The best way to visit Brugges
Hutongs are known as small passageways or streets, originated from the Yuan dynasty. They are the symbols of the everyday life of common people....
Sightseeing: Beijing Hutongs
This is a site between East and West Berlin which was created after the fall of the wall. Some well-known artists have made some significant pieces...
History & Culture: East Side Gallery
Lindau Bodensee, Germany
While in Lindau, make sure you visit the beautiful promenade and the city hall built during the 16th century. The entire city looks like a dioll...
General: Beautiful promenade and city hall
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
Blackpool, United Kingdom
If there is a daredevil inside of you, or you are looking for an ideal place to spend a lazy afternoon with the family, head on down to Pleasure...
General: Pleasure Beach Theme Park, Blackpool, United Kingdom
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
Peachtree Center is your staple American mall, with over 60 specialty stores and six restaurants, and the only thing distinguishing it from other...
History & Culture: Peachtree Center in Atlanta
The means of public transportation in Honolulu and the whole island is The Bus. There are some 80 Bus routes only for the Honolulu area, including...
Public Transportation: The Bus in Honolulu
Saint Paul, Minnesota
There is a historical part of Saint Paul which is filled with wonderful houses, one more beautiful than the other. If you can, choose the Summit...
Sightseeing: Summit Avenue