Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Mardi Gras World
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also provide props to lots of other festivals and venues.
You can see ready-made floats, and also see the artists at work, and find out more about the traditions of the festival.
1380 Port of New Orleans Place
$18.50 adults, $14.50 seniors and $11.50 children (3-11)
7 days a week from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, tours every 30 minutes
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Jackson Square in New OrleansThe French Quarter in New Orleans is the heart of the city, and you can't get any closer to the heart of the Vieux Carré (as the Quarter is also called)is Jackson Square, a historic park with plenty to show off with. It is one of the [...]D: n/a00
- Tipitina's in New orleansTipitina's was featured in The Big Easy, the 1987 film, and it is one o the liveslies night spot in the city. It is a venue where you can see some interesting (and famous) indie bands, but at least once a week there are jazz nights as [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Historic Voodoo Museum in New OrleansVoodoo is an important part of New Orleans culture, and not only because it is still practiced by some, in the form of gris-gris and other spells, but because there have been some influential voodoo queens in the city (Marie Laveau)and [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Old Ursulines ConventThe oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture that you could possibly find anywhere. In addition to the main building, you can also see the [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Molly's pub in New OrleansIt's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French colinists), but Molly's is one of the liveliest and most welcoming watering holes in the Vieux Carre. [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
Dedicated in the memory of the great Dr. Sun for its part in shaping the Republic of China, the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall is open to the public,...
History & Culture: Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall
The Detroit zoo is a family attraction though I also enjoyed visiting it with friends. However we were a bit unlucky, because the day we went...
Family & Fun: Tips for Detroit Zoo
Kansas City, Missouri
Located at Liberty Memorial, the National World War I Museum is the only facility in the world that features exhibits and collection of artifacts...
History & Culture: National World War I Museum
As many parks, the Cherokee Park is something like an oasis in a busy city. Beside the usual walkways, there are also some hiking trails that can...
Sightseeing: Cherokee Park
If you are a vegetarian, there's not much point coming to Wild Jack's, and if you're not a fan of red meat, then again, you should look for another...
Food: Wild Jack's in Orlando
Opal is a great dining place situated in the Queen Anne area having a lot of special menus for all tastes. I went with some friends and we were...
Food: Opal Restaurant in Seattle
Either you choose a more adventurous tour or a scenic, sightseeing one, you will get the best of each. The Black Diamond Hummer Tours operated and...
Outdoors Activities: Black Diamond Hummer Tours
I am a nice and good looking girl tall and slim that searching for a man
General: I am a good looking girl