Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Mardi Gras World
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also provide props to lots of other festivals and venues.
You can see ready-made floats, and also see the artists at work, and find out more about the traditions of the festival.
1380 Port of New Orleans Place
$18.50 adults, $14.50 seniors and $11.50 children (3-11)
7 days a week from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, tours every 30 minutes
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Preservation HallIt would be just plain wring to leave New Orleans without listening live to some real New Orleans jazz, and there's no better place for it then the Preservation Hall, a venue that's been functioning since 1961. The place opens and 8 PM [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1This interesting city has some interesting cemeteries, and among the 40 graveyards scattered around New Orleans, Saint Louis no. 1 is one of the most interesting. Like in typical New Orleanean cemeteries, the graves are all built above [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Old Ursulines ConventThe oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture that you could possibly find anywhere. In addition to the main building, you can also see the [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Molly's pub in New OrleansIt's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French colinists), but Molly's is one of the liveliest and most welcoming watering holes in the Vieux Carre. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Historic Voodoo Museum in New OrleansVoodoo is an important part of New Orleans culture, and not only because it is still practiced by some, in the form of gris-gris and other spells, but because there have been some influential voodoo queens in the city (Marie Laveau)and [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
If you want to see Budapest from another view, I have an advice for you. Last summer I was with a ship from Budapest to Szentendre - it was awesome...
Sightseeing: Cruising from Budapest to Szentendre
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants
We stayed only a night at Bakersfield, but when we heard about the Murray Family Farm that sell freshly picked fruits and vegetables, we just had...
Outdoors Activities: Murray Family Farm
Located in the historic site of Cleveland, Momocho Restaurant is truly Mexican with a hint of eclectic modernism to it. The place looks awesome,...
Food: Momocho Restaurant
Full of impressionist and post-impressionist paintings, the Dixon Gallery and Gardens is a great, peaceful get-away for those you would like to...
Sightseeing: Dixon Gallery and Gardens
The Superstition Mountain in Arizona, east of Phoenix was created 29 million years ago and it is the main character of many ancient Native American...
Outdoors Activities: The Superstition Mountain
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant