Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Mardi Gras World
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also provide props to lots of other festivals and venues.
You can see ready-made floats, and also see the artists at work, and find out more about the traditions of the festival.
1380 Port of New Orleans Place
$18.50 adults, $14.50 seniors and $11.50 children (3-11)
7 days a week from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, tours every 30 minutes
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Cafe du Monde in New OrleansBeignets are one of the most famous sweets in Southern cuisine, and they are about as beloved by New Orleans residents as donuts are in other American cities. These deep fried dough cakes sprinkled with lots of powdered sugar are best [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Molly's pub in New OrleansIt's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French colinists), but Molly's is one of the liveliest and most welcoming watering holes in the Vieux Carre. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- St. Louis CathedralSt. Louis is the oldest functioning cathedral in the US, but it doesn't look much like it used to in the 18th century, when it was built. It is a tall, slender structure painted in white, quite interesting as far as churches go. It is [...]D: 0.5mi00
- New Orleans SilversmithsIf you happen to be in need of some fancy jewelry in New Orleans, or if you just want to splurge on a souvenir, browse through the offer of New Orleans Silversmiths, a jeweler's shop which specializes in antique silverware, holloware, [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Historic Voodoo Museum in New OrleansVoodoo is an important part of New Orleans culture, and not only because it is still practiced by some, in the form of gris-gris and other spells, but because there have been some influential voodoo queens in the city (Marie Laveau)and [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tarcoles travel tips - Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
Binz travel tips - Germany
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
Frankfurt travel tips - Germany
The shopping street called the 'Zeil' offers you all you can buy.
General: Shopping in the city center
Kalamata travel tips - Greece
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Petra travel tips - Jordan
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Buena Park travel tips - California
Knott's Berry Farm is a great distraction for a family or a group of friends. There are so many things to do there! They have a fiesta village...
Family & Fun: Knott's Berry Farm
Denver travel tips - Colorado
Home a wide variety of modernist and art deco collections, the Vance Kirkland Museum is a unique museum. The decoration the arrangement of the...
History & Culture: Vance Kirkland Museum
Laguna Beach travel tips - California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Saint Paul travel tips - Minnesota
Love the way they make the food in front of you at the bar area. Tables are usually set up for four but you can request larger ones if you go with...
Food: Pazzaluna Urban Restaurant
Wichita travel tips - Kansas
The real treasure of Wichita lies with a dinner during one of the most popular western music bands at the Diamond W Chuckwagon. From May through...
Food: Diamond W Chuckwagon