Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Mardi Gras World
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also provide props to lots of other festivals and venues.
You can see ready-made floats, and also see the artists at work, and find out more about the traditions of the festival.
1380 Port of New Orleans Place
$18.50 adults, $14.50 seniors and $11.50 children (3-11)
7 days a week from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, tours every 30 minutes
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- French Market in New OrleansIf you want to have a taste of the genuine New Orleans, just visit the colourful French Market, which occupies a couple pf blocks of the French Quarter. This is the oldest public market in America, established in the 18th centuries, and [...]D: 2.2mi00
- The Cabildo in New OrleansThe Cabildo used to be the seat o the colonial government in Louisiana some centuries ago, but today it is quite an interesting museum, especially for those who have an interest in history. The original building was destroyed during teh [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1This interesting city has some interesting cemeteries, and among the 40 graveyards scattered around New Orleans, Saint Louis no. 1 is one of the most interesting. Like in typical New Orleanean cemeteries, the graves are all built above [...]D: 0.6mi00
- New Orleans SilversmithsIf you happen to be in need of some fancy jewelry in New Orleans, or if you just want to splurge on a souvenir, browse through the offer of New Orleans Silversmiths, a jeweler's shop which specializes in antique silverware, holloware, [...]D: 0.4mi00
- St. Louis CathedralSt. Louis is the oldest functioning cathedral in the US, but it doesn't look much like it used to in the 18th century, when it was built. It is a tall, slender structure painted in white, quite interesting as far as churches go. It is [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
Los Cabos, Mexico
An amazing kayak and snorkeling tour!! We booked for the Three Bay adventure tour which lasted about 4-5 hours including the trip to and back from...
Outdoors Activities: Cabo Outfitters Kayaking and Snorkeling
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
A new shopping mall, called Forum, opened close to the city center. It's a place where you really can spend a whole day :) And if you get bored,...
Shopping: The Forum and the Debrecen Plaza malls
My opinion is that the best place you can choose for relaxing in Miskolc is the cave bath. It is a bath formed from a real cave. It is an...
General: Swimming inside a real cave
Don't forget to take a boat trip on the lakes of Killarney, it is a wonderful experience, something you will never forget. The landscape is...
Outdoors Activities: The Lakes of Killarney
This museum, though not a big one, hosts first-class exhibitions from various Eastern cultures, like Egypt, Mesopotamia, India even Japan and China...
History & Culture: The Gulbenkian Museum
Bojangles is a bar situated along Jalan Leban road along thompson road. It is a quiet place where many regulars frequent to have a chat or just...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bojangles at Thompson (Bar)
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
There is only one museum in Wichita and maybe the whole Kansas state that features such a wide variety of exhibits and collections. The Museum of...
History & Culture: Museum of World Treasures