Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Cafe du Monde in New Orleans
- Food travel tip
- City center
These deep fried dough cakes sprinkled with lots of powdered sugar are best enjoyed with a cup of cafe au lait in the famous Cafe du Monde, the most picturesque cafe in the French Quarter.
1039 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Less than $10
Open 24 hours a day
How to get there:
the main location is just across Jackson Square, close to the French Market, btu check the website for other locations in the city
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- French Market in New OrleansIf you want to have a taste of the genuine New Orleans, just visit the colourful French Market, which occupies a couple pf blocks of the French Quarter. This is the oldest public market in America, established in the 18th centuries, and [...]D: 2.2mi00
- New Orleans SilversmithsIf you happen to be in need of some fancy jewelry in New Orleans, or if you just want to splurge on a souvenir, browse through the offer of New Orleans Silversmiths, a jeweler's shop which specializes in antique silverware, holloware, [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Preservation HallIt would be just plain wring to leave New Orleans without listening live to some real New Orleans jazz, and there's no better place for it then the Preservation Hall, a venue that's been functioning since 1961. The place opens and 8 PM [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Jackson Square in New OrleansThe French Quarter in New Orleans is the heart of the city, and you can't get any closer to the heart of the Vieux Carré (as the Quarter is also called)is Jackson Square, a historic park with plenty to show off with. It is one of the [...]D: n/a00
- Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1This interesting city has some interesting cemeteries, and among the 40 graveyards scattered around New Orleans, Saint Louis no. 1 is one of the most interesting. Like in typical New Orleanean cemeteries, the graves are all built above [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like playing, you can visit the Casino Bregenz. You have to be 18 years to get admission to it.
Night Life & Entertainment: Casino Bregenz
Old Montreal is famous for its history which tells of trade, politics, entertainment and immigration. Many people, mostly from France and England...
History & Culture: The Old Town of Montreal
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was never really into seafood, so when my friends took me to Joe Forte's I was a bit skeptical about the delicatessen that they offered. As we...
Food: Joe Forte's, seafood in Vancouver
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
This cruise is lasts 1,5 hour. During the cruise more of the main sights can be seen (Parliament, Caste district, Gellért Hill, Palace of Arts,...
Sightseeing: Cruise on Danube
I recommend this restaurant for very tasty fish menus. The prices are very good and the food is even better. I was amazed by the long menu with all...
Food: Fish restaurant in Miskolctapolca
Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary is on the way from Mysore to Sultan Bathery. It is spread over 344 square kms. and is about 16 km east of Sultan...
Outdoors Activities: Muthanga wild life sanctuary
Truly an amazing museum where you see art come to life in the various paintings, artworks of famous and not so famous artists of the Impressionist...
History & Culture: Carnegie Museum of Art
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz