Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Cafe du Monde in New Orleans
- Food travel tip
- City center
These deep fried dough cakes sprinkled with lots of powdered sugar are best enjoyed with a cup of cafe au lait in the famous Cafe du Monde, the most picturesque cafe in the French Quarter.
1039 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Less than $10
Open 24 hours a day
How to get there:
the main location is just across Jackson Square, close to the French Market, btu check the website for other locations in the city
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Old Ursulines ConventThe oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture that you could possibly find anywhere. In addition to the main building, you can also see the [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Preservation HallIt would be just plain wring to leave New Orleans without listening live to some real New Orleans jazz, and there's no better place for it then the Preservation Hall, a venue that's been functioning since 1961. The place opens and 8 PM [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Mardi Gras WorldIf you haven't had the chance to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans, you can at least see the floats at the Mardi Gras World. Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also [...]D: n/a00
- Historic Voodoo Museum in New OrleansVoodoo is an important part of New Orleans culture, and not only because it is still practiced by some, in the form of gris-gris and other spells, but because there have been some influential voodoo queens in the city (Marie Laveau)and [...]D: 0.6mi00
- The Cabildo in New OrleansThe Cabildo used to be the seat o the colonial government in Louisiana some centuries ago, but today it is quite an interesting museum, especially for those who have an interest in history. The original building was destroyed during teh [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Frankfurt Am Main, Germany
(_) (_) /_ _______/
Outdoors Activities: Rostyslav
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing