Old Ursulines Convent, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Old Ursulines Convent
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Throughout history, the building used to be an orphanage, then it was transformed into a hospital and finally it served as a residence hall for the bishops of New Orleans.
1100 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
$5 for adults, $4 for seniors and $2 for students
Tours on Tuesday-Friday from 10AM, 11AM, 1PM, 2PM and 3PM.
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Cafe du Monde in New OrleansBeignets are one of the most famous sweets in Southern cuisine, and they are about as beloved by New Orleans residents as donuts are in other American cities. These deep fried dough cakes sprinkled with lots of powdered sugar are best [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Mr. B's BistroOne of the most important things to do as a visitor in New Orleans in taste the mouth-watering local specialties, one of which is the famous gumbo, a mix of rice, seafood and all sorts of other good stuff. Each chef has their own gumbo [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Molly's pub in New OrleansIt's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French colinists), but Molly's is one of the liveliest and most welcoming watering holes in the Vieux Carre. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Jackson Square in New OrleansThe French Quarter in New Orleans is the heart of the city, and you can't get any closer to the heart of the Vieux Carré (as the Quarter is also called)is Jackson Square, a historic park with plenty to show off with. It is one of the [...]D: n/a00
- Preservation HallIt would be just plain wring to leave New Orleans without listening live to some real New Orleans jazz, and there's no better place for it then the Preservation Hall, a venue that's been functioning since 1961. The place opens and 8 PM [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Weingarten around the end of july and during august, you should visit the theater festival at the monastery of Weingarten. It exists...
History & Culture: Theater festival at the monastery of the city
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
If you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour.
Public Transportation: Reaching other cities from Gythion
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
They have great Italian food and good jazz all the time. They have a TV and you can freely read newspapers and magazines. Altogether it's a rather...
Night Life & Entertainment: Caffè Megara
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Combination of Eastern and Western style architecture is what decorates the buildings along Dihua Street. During the Japanese occupancy, many rich...
Sightseeing: Dihua Street
As a big island on the Detroit River, Belle Isle has been a heavenly getaway for people who are in the middle of the city’s busy everyday life. ...
Sightseeing: A fountain on Belle Isle
Though not one of cheapest hotels in Philadelphia, The Rittenhouse Hotel is definitely one of the world’s finest places to stay. Having...
General: The Rittenhouse Hotel in Philadelphia