Old Ursulines Convent, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > Old Ursulines Convent
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Throughout history, the building used to be an orphanage, then it was transformed into a hospital and finally it served as a residence hall for the bishops of New Orleans.
1100 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
$5 for adults, $4 for seniors and $2 for students
Tours on Tuesday-Friday from 10AM, 11AM, 1PM, 2PM and 3PM.
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Mardi Gras WorldIf you haven't had the chance to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans, you can at least see the floats at the Mardi Gras World. Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also [...]D: n/a00
- Cafe du Monde in New OrleansBeignets are one of the most famous sweets in Southern cuisine, and they are about as beloved by New Orleans residents as donuts are in other American cities. These deep fried dough cakes sprinkled with lots of powdered sugar are best [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Molly's pub in New OrleansIt's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French colinists), but Molly's is one of the liveliest and most welcoming watering holes in the Vieux Carre. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Mr. B's BistroOne of the most important things to do as a visitor in New Orleans in taste the mouth-watering local specialties, one of which is the famous gumbo, a mix of rice, seafood and all sorts of other good stuff. Each chef has their own gumbo [...]D: 0.1mi00
- French Market in New OrleansIf you want to have a taste of the genuine New Orleans, just visit the colourful French Market, which occupies a couple pf blocks of the French Quarter. This is the oldest public market in America, established in the 18th centuries, and [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Ski Dubai is located inside Mall of the Emirates. When I was there I was just amazed about how they had managed to build this thing inside a mall,...
Family & Fun: Ski Dubai
The square is one of the most visited sights in Beijing, if not in China. It is a huge place, filled with locals and tourists alike and is the...
Sightseeing: Tiananmen Square in Beijing
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
If you are at Palma, you should definitely make an excursion through the backlands of the city. The nature there is very nice and there arent the...
Outdoors Activities: The marvellous nature surrounding the city
You really should try the fish meals at Galway, always fresh from the sea.
General: The well known fishermen city
A palace turned into a mosque is the finest example of architectural art. You will surely think that it's a fort and not a mosque. A wonderful...
History & Culture: Jama Masjid - Palace or Mosque
New Delhi, India
The India Gate is the national monument of India. It is one of the largest war memorials in India. Situated in the heart of New Delhi, India Gate...
History & Culture: India Gate
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Located in the Nichols Hills Plaza, The Coach House is an absolute hit as a restaurant, especially if you would like take your date out to lunch,...
Food: The Coach House
Raleigh, North Carolina
We went to see the oldest and the most famous house in Raleigh where the United State's 17th President, Andrew Johnson, was born. It is located...
History & Culture: Mordecai Historic Park