St. Louis Cathedral, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > St. Louis Cathedral
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
It is a tall, slender structure painted in white, quite interesting as far as churches go. It is the definite symbol of New Orleans, and besides, it is just in front of the Place d'Armes (Jackson Square) and it is well worth a visit.
Not as ornate as other Catholic churches, but it has a great historical significance, and there are a few beautiful paintings in there. The cathedral manifests its worldly side by operating two gift shops, where you can buy religious items.
615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Tipitina's in New orleansTipitina's was featured in The Big Easy, the 1987 film, and it is one o the liveslies night spot in the city. It is a venue where you can see some interesting (and famous) indie bands, but at least once a week there are jazz nights as [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Molly's pub in New OrleansIt's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French colinists), but Molly's is one of the liveliest and most welcoming watering holes in the Vieux Carre. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- The Cabildo in New OrleansThe Cabildo used to be the seat o the colonial government in Louisiana some centuries ago, but today it is quite an interesting museum, especially for those who have an interest in history. The original building was destroyed during teh [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Preservation HallIt would be just plain wring to leave New Orleans without listening live to some real New Orleans jazz, and there's no better place for it then the Preservation Hall, a venue that's been functioning since 1961. The place opens and 8 PM [...]D: 0.4mi00
- French Market in New OrleansIf you want to have a taste of the genuine New Orleans, just visit the colourful French Market, which occupies a couple pf blocks of the French Quarter. This is the oldest public market in America, established in the 18th centuries, and [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
Are so many things/programs to do in this nature park. If you like nature and walking trips, I wound recommanded this place for you and I think one...
Family & Fun: Nature park thun
Hutongs are known as small passageways or streets, originated from the Yuan dynasty. They are the symbols of the everyday life of common people....
Sightseeing: Beijing Hutongs
If you go to Augsburg, you should visit the roman museum, the arts museum and take a look at the so called 'Fuggersiedlung'. It was the first...
General: Visit the Museums and the Fuggersiedlung
In Paralia you can rent two kind of vehicle: a scooter (there are small ones for one person and bigger ones for two persons too) or an ATV. Those...
Outdoors Activities: Renting scooter or ATV
If you want to see Budapest from another view, I have an advice for you. Last summer I was with a ship from Budapest to Szentendre - it was awesome...
Sightseeing: Cruising from Budapest to Szentendre
Have fun cruising effortlessly through the timeless streets of Florence on the coolest rides of the 21st century. The Segway Tour experience is the...
Sightseeing: Florence Segway Tour
Visit the beautiful Saint Michael's church...it is the symbol of the city besides the statue of King Matthias sitting on his horse..one of the...
General: Cluj Napoca
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.