St. Louis Cathedral, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > St. Louis Cathedral
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
It is a tall, slender structure painted in white, quite interesting as far as churches go. It is the definite symbol of New Orleans, and besides, it is just in front of the Place d'Armes (Jackson Square) and it is well worth a visit.
Not as ornate as other Catholic churches, but it has a great historical significance, and there are a few beautiful paintings in there. The cathedral manifests its worldly side by operating two gift shops, where you can buy religious items.
615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Jackson Square in New OrleansThe French Quarter in New Orleans is the heart of the city, and you can't get any closer to the heart of the Vieux Carré (as the Quarter is also called)is Jackson Square, a historic park with plenty to show off with. It is one of the [...]D: n/a00
- Old Ursulines ConventThe oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture that you could possibly find anywhere. In addition to the main building, you can also see the [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Molly's pub in New OrleansIt's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French colinists), but Molly's is one of the liveliest and most welcoming watering holes in the Vieux Carre. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- New Orleans SilversmithsIf you happen to be in need of some fancy jewelry in New Orleans, or if you just want to splurge on a souvenir, browse through the offer of New Orleans Silversmiths, a jeweler's shop which specializes in antique silverware, holloware, [...]D: 0.4mi00
- The Cabildo in New OrleansThe Cabildo used to be the seat o the colonial government in Louisiana some centuries ago, but today it is quite an interesting museum, especially for those who have an interest in history. The original building was destroyed during teh [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
Henley On Thames, United Kingdom
Make sure you have a whole day for the amazing River and Rowing Museum if you are in Henley on Themes or in the area. It is very large and has many...
Outdoors Activities: For the Whole Family
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
If you are interested to go shopping and get almost anything, a great place to stop by and shop in Johor Bahru is at the famous Jusco Tebrau City...
Shopping: Jusco Tebrau City
This museum, though not a big one, hosts first-class exhibitions from various Eastern cultures, like Egypt, Mesopotamia, India even Japan and China...
History & Culture: The Gulbenkian Museum
Charlotte, North Carolina
Inspired by and dedicated to an influential man, The Billy Graham Library is about God's love, appreciation and mercy. The library is part of...
History & Culture: The Billy Graham Library
I have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted...
History & Culture: Museum of Contemporary Arts
New York, New York
I recommend the Hudson Hotel and the eatery, 5 Napkins, on 9th ave.
General: Hudson Hotel
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant
San Antonio, Texas
I've always enjoyed visiting botanical gardens, they can provide such a fascinating surrounding even in a really busy city. So it was...
Sightseeing: San Antonio Botanical Garden