St. Louis Cathedral, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > St. Louis Cathedral
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
It is a tall, slender structure painted in white, quite interesting as far as churches go. It is the definite symbol of New Orleans, and besides, it is just in front of the Place d'Armes (Jackson Square) and it is well worth a visit.
Not as ornate as other Catholic churches, but it has a great historical significance, and there are a few beautiful paintings in there. The cathedral manifests its worldly side by operating two gift shops, where you can buy religious items.
615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- French Market in New OrleansIf you want to have a taste of the genuine New Orleans, just visit the colourful French Market, which occupies a couple pf blocks of the French Quarter. This is the oldest public market in America, established in the 18th centuries, and [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Old Ursulines ConventThe oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture that you could possibly find anywhere. In addition to the main building, you can also see the [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Preservation HallIt would be just plain wring to leave New Orleans without listening live to some real New Orleans jazz, and there's no better place for it then the Preservation Hall, a venue that's been functioning since 1961. The place opens and 8 PM [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Cafe du Monde in New OrleansBeignets are one of the most famous sweets in Southern cuisine, and they are about as beloved by New Orleans residents as donuts are in other American cities. These deep fried dough cakes sprinkled with lots of powdered sugar are best [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop BarLafitte's Blacksmith claims to be one of the oldest bars in the United States, and even if that's not accurate, this pub is pretty old anyway - it was built in 1722. It might not seem like much, but the building survived two fires, and it [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The best way to visit Bruges is ... on foot. Of course, I recommend also to take a boat through the superb canals, but rather than that only on...
General: The best way to visit Brugges
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
If you are going to Costa Rica to surf like 95% of the tourist do, then you cant miss Playa Hermosa. This beach has the best breaks in Costa Rica...
Beaches : Playa Hermosa
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
Paris City Passport is a very useful little booklet. It contains coupons that give you a discount to more than thirty places including museums,...
General: Paris City Passport
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; firstname.lastname@example.org I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
Albuquerque, New Mexico
If you are into sharp, chili sauces and you don't mind if your mouth burns up with fire, than Sadie's the place to visit, because they have...
Food: Sadie's in Albuquerque