French Market in New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel tips > North America > United States > New Orleans > French Market in New Orleans
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
This is the oldest public market in America, established in the 18th centuries, and it is still going strong. The area is somewhat quieter than the rest o the quarter, but there are tons of great restaurants, some interesting shops, venues, cafes, a flea market and a farmers market.You can get some great local dishes at the farmer's market.
St Peter St, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for New Orleans
- Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop BarLafitte's Blacksmith claims to be one of the oldest bars in the United States, and even if that's not accurate, this pub is pretty old anyway - it was built in 1722. It might not seem like much, but the building survived two fires, and it [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Old Ursulines ConventThe oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture that you could possibly find anywhere. In addition to the main building, you can also see the [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Mardi Gras WorldIf you haven't had the chance to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans, you can at least see the floats at the Mardi Gras World. Blaine Kern manufactures over two thirds of all the floats parading the city during Mardi Gras, and they also [...]D: n/a00
- Tipitina's in New orleansTipitina's was featured in The Big Easy, the 1987 film, and it is one o the liveslies night spot in the city. It is a venue where you can see some interesting (and famous) indie bands, but at least once a week there are jazz nights as [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Jackson Square in New OrleansThe French Quarter in New Orleans is the heart of the city, and you can't get any closer to the heart of the Vieux Carré (as the Quarter is also called)is Jackson Square, a historic park with plenty to show off with. It is one of the [...]D: n/a00
Things about New Orleans you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The area around Huangpu river is where you can find several of the most interesting attractions in Shanghai. The Bund, as the waterfront is called,...
Sightseeing: The Bund
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
When you visit Szentendre I recommend you to get there by ship. You can take a ship from Budapest to Szentendre and back only for a few euros -...
General: Visiting Szentendre on the Danube river
This burial ground is located in the south of Marrakesh and it is a beautiful example of the Arabic art and architecture. It is a burial place...
Sightseeing: The Saadian Tombs
I went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't...
Sightseeing: NASA Johnson Space Center
The most tasty food I've ever tasted in Jacksonville was in Hala Cafe and Bakery. They have a wide variety of Greek and Middle-Eastern dishes...
Food: Hala Cafe and Bakery
Kansas City, Missouri
A place that like a small unique world of dining, shopping and sightseeing inside a city. With a river along by and building resembling historic...
Shopping: Country Club Plaza
Being organized for almost 2O years now, the galleries in the Old City keep their doors open to visitors and art-lovers on the First Friday of each...
Night Life & Entertainment: First Friday Event in Philadelphia
Hong Kong, China
The world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze,...
History & Culture: The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island