Mexico City Travel Tips, Mexico
Travel tips > Central America > Mexico > Mexico City travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Mexico City travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (6)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Shopping (2)
Browse Mexico City travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Mexico City travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Mexico City or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Mexico City travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Mexico City
- Zocalo in Mexico CityThe original center of a colonial Spanish city is called a Zocalo. It consists of a square with public buildings and the buildings of the local military. Mexico City's Zocalo is one of the largest in New Spain and its a top must see. [...]D: 18.8mi00
- Jorongo BarI have only spent three days in Mexico City, so I've asked around where to find the most authentic bar. I've decided to go to Jorongo Bar and I wasn't disappionted. There is great music provided by mariachi bands and their [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Plaza de las Tres CulturasThree cultures meet at this beautiful square, the Plaza de los Tres Culturas. One, Mexican, is represented by the modern buildings that surround most of the square and dominate the view. Spanish culture is represented by the Church of [...]D: n/a00
- Tierra de VinosAs the name suggests, Tierra de Vinos is a place for wine tasting. They have an immense collection of wine, I haven't practically seen a wine menu that long in my entire life! You will surely find your international favorites as well as [...]D: 465.3mi00
- XochimilcoAbout 25 km South of the center of Mexico City you will find Xochimilco. It is a canal system with large and colorfully decorated boats floating on the water. The boats are for fun and not for transport primarily. You can get on a boat and [...]D: 1433.9mi00
- Basilica de Santa Maria de GuadalupeI think if you are in Mexico City it is absolutely essential to see some magnificent Catholic churches. Basilica de Santa Maria de Guadalupe is a perfect starting point for that. This wonderful building houses one of the most important [...]D: n/a00
- Rotonda de los Hombres IlustresThe meeting place for many famous Mexicans, politicians, artists, philanthropist is the Rotonda de los Hombres Ilustres - a cemetery. I was quite amazed by the number of members of Mexican elite. The tombstones are put in two large [...]D: n/a01
- UNAM Sculpture GardenIf you want to spend a calm and nice afternoon far from the noises of the city, UNAM Sculpture Garden is the best. It's on the campus of the Autonom University of Mexico and it's a lot of fun. I loved the modern sculptures, the [...]D: 13.6mi00
- Casa de los Azulejos (House of Tiles)One of my favorite sights in the city, Casa de los Azulejos is beautiful, all covered with tiles blue and white. It was built at the beginning of the 16th century for a local count. When he was young, his father told him he will never be [...]D: 213.1mi00
- Bazar del SabadoI think the ultimate Mexican experience I had part in was the Bazar del Sabado. It is a huge market with a lot of things from the fresh products of nearby farmers to craftsmen's works.My favorites were the kitschy religious items, the [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Frida Kahlo MuseumFrida Kahlo was genius and a great woman. This Frida Kahlo Museum is a great memento of her life and art. She was born is this house and later lived here with her husband, Diego Rivera. The movie about her life, Frida was mostly filmed in [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Princesse CacaoThey say chocolate was invented by the Aztecs. If so, Princesse Cacao is the primary place to get chocolate from the cradle of this wonderful candy. They bring chocolates from Southern Mexico - where they say - it was invented. We left [...]D: 8.2mi00
- La Pata NegraThe city's best club I've been to was La Pata Negra. It's a real cool place with a huge dance floor on the second story and a great bar on the first. There are many renown guest DJs all the time and the music is varied. [...]D: 8.3mi00
- National Palace in Mexico CityThis building really earned the name National Palace as it has been the residence of Mexico's monarch or president for over 300 years. Hernan Cortez was the first to live here and it was a presidential residence until not long ago. [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Templo Mayor and Museo del Templo MayorThere are so many mementos of the Aztec culture in Mexico City but perhaps one of the greatest of them is Templo Mayor and the Museo del Templo Mayor. The first was the greatest temple of the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan, the second one is [...]D: 8.6mi10
- Templo MayorTemplo Mayor is an Aztec temple built in the 14th century for the worship of the Aztec god of war and that of the water. It was discovered in the late 1970s in the heart of Mexico City. The temple once was a huge pyramid. On the top of [...]D: 8.7mi00
Things about Mexico City you may be interested in
Recent Mexico City flights found by Travelgrove users
- $286 Air Tran
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Santa Ana, CA (SNA) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 05/09/2014 09:42 am Mexico City, MX (MEX) Santa Ana, CA (SNA) 05/18/2014 02:45 pm
- $306 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Toluco, MX (TLC) 05/09/2014 06:50 pm Toluco, MX (TLC) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 05/16/2014 10:16 am
- $328 Multiple Airlines
expedia.com check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 05/09/2014 11:40 pm Mexico City, MX (MEX) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 05/18/2014 08:50 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Augsburg travel tips - Germany
If you go to Augsburg, you should visit the roman museum, the arts museum and take a look at the so called 'Fuggersiedlung'. It was the first...
General: Visit the Museums and the Fuggersiedlung
Maria Laach travel tips - Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
Roussillon travel tips - France
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
Dobresti travel tips - Romania
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
Serangoon Garden Estate travel tips - Singapore
Time in a bottle is one of the many bars that is located along Serangoon garden estate. It is a very popular bar among the locals and among the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Time in a bottle (Bar)
Port-of-spain travel tips - Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
Arlington travel tips - Texas
Though not a souvenir shop, there are some pretty nice things to find at the Trader's Village. They have even furniture and clothes, not to...
Shopping: Trader's Village
Houston travel tips - Texas
Galleria is not a fine arts museum, as the name would suggest, it's an immense mall. They say the Mall of America is larger, but I can't imagine...
Shopping: Galleria in Houston
Malibu travel tips - California
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
Santa Barbara travel tips - California
Great thing to check out while in Santa Barbara would be the beaches. Every beach is wonderful but I really recommend Butterfly Beach. Stunningly...
Outdoors Activities: Things to do in Santa Barbara