Mexico City Travel Tips, Mexico
Travel tips > Central America > Mexico > Mexico City travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Mexico City travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (6)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Shopping (2)
Browse Mexico City travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Mexico City travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Mexico City or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Mexico City travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Mexico City
- Zocalo in Mexico CityThe original center of a colonial Spanish city is called a Zocalo. It consists of a square with public buildings and the buildings of the local military. Mexico City's Zocalo is one of the largest in New Spain and its a top must see. [...]D: 18.8mi00
- Jorongo BarI have only spent three days in Mexico City, so I've asked around where to find the most authentic bar. I've decided to go to Jorongo Bar and I wasn't disappionted. There is great music provided by mariachi bands and their [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Plaza de las Tres CulturasThree cultures meet at this beautiful square, the Plaza de los Tres Culturas. One, Mexican, is represented by the modern buildings that surround most of the square and dominate the view. Spanish culture is represented by the Church of [...]D: n/a00
- Tierra de VinosAs the name suggests, Tierra de Vinos is a place for wine tasting. They have an immense collection of wine, I haven't practically seen a wine menu that long in my entire life! You will surely find your international favorites as well as [...]D: 465.3mi00
- XochimilcoAbout 25 km South of the center of Mexico City you will find Xochimilco. It is a canal system with large and colorfully decorated boats floating on the water. The boats are for fun and not for transport primarily. You can get on a boat and [...]D: 1433.9mi00
- Basilica de Santa Maria de GuadalupeI think if you are in Mexico City it is absolutely essential to see some magnificent Catholic churches. Basilica de Santa Maria de Guadalupe is a perfect starting point for that. This wonderful building houses one of the most important [...]D: n/a00
- Rotonda de los Hombres IlustresThe meeting place for many famous Mexicans, politicians, artists, philanthropist is the Rotonda de los Hombres Ilustres - a cemetery. I was quite amazed by the number of members of Mexican elite. The tombstones are put in two large [...]D: n/a01
- UNAM Sculpture GardenIf you want to spend a calm and nice afternoon far from the noises of the city, UNAM Sculpture Garden is the best. It's on the campus of the Autonom University of Mexico and it's a lot of fun. I loved the modern sculptures, the [...]D: 13.6mi00
- Casa de los Azulejos (House of Tiles)One of my favorite sights in the city, Casa de los Azulejos is beautiful, all covered with tiles blue and white. It was built at the beginning of the 16th century for a local count. When he was young, his father told him he will never be [...]D: 213.1mi00
- Bazar del SabadoI think the ultimate Mexican experience I had part in was the Bazar del Sabado. It is a huge market with a lot of things from the fresh products of nearby farmers to craftsmen's works.My favorites were the kitschy religious items, the [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Frida Kahlo MuseumFrida Kahlo was genius and a great woman. This Frida Kahlo Museum is a great memento of her life and art. She was born is this house and later lived here with her husband, Diego Rivera. The movie about her life, Frida was mostly filmed in [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Princesse CacaoThey say chocolate was invented by the Aztecs. If so, Princesse Cacao is the primary place to get chocolate from the cradle of this wonderful candy. They bring chocolates from Southern Mexico - where they say - it was invented. We left [...]D: 8.2mi00
- La Pata NegraThe city's best club I've been to was La Pata Negra. It's a real cool place with a huge dance floor on the second story and a great bar on the first. There are many renown guest DJs all the time and the music is varied. [...]D: 8.3mi00
- National Palace in Mexico CityThis building really earned the name National Palace as it has been the residence of Mexico's monarch or president for over 300 years. Hernan Cortez was the first to live here and it was a presidential residence until not long ago. [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Templo Mayor and Museo del Templo MayorThere are so many mementos of the Aztec culture in Mexico City but perhaps one of the greatest of them is Templo Mayor and the Museo del Templo Mayor. The first was the greatest temple of the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan, the second one is [...]D: 8.6mi10
- Templo MayorTemplo Mayor is an Aztec temple built in the 14th century for the worship of the Aztec god of war and that of the water. It was discovered in the late 1970s in the heart of Mexico City. The temple once was a huge pyramid. On the top of [...]D: 8.7mi00
Things about Mexico City you may be interested in
Recent Mexico City flights found by Travelgrove users
- $278 Volaris
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 01/22/2016 12:21 am Mexico City, MX (MEX) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 01/26/2016 07:50 pm
- $286 Jetblue Airways
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Orlando, FL (MCO) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 11/29/2015 08:39 pm Mexico City, MX (MEX) Orlando, FL (MCO) 12/06/2015 05:50 am
- $354 United Airlines
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time Santa Ana, CA (SNA) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 01/22/2016 06:45 am Mexico City, MX (MEX) Santa Ana, CA (SNA) 01/26/2016 06:35 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
I really enjoyed my dinner here the other night. Although it's not cheap by any means, the food and atmosphere are great and the service is even...
Food: Eat at 'Das Weisse Haus'
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
Featuring Middle-Eastern cuisine for over 20 years now, the Nazareth Restaurant & Deli welcomes the hungry man with open, friendly faces and...
Food: Nazareth Restaurant & Deli
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Exquisite and unique food, environment and ambiance is what we experienced at One Fish-Two Fish Restaurant on West Great Neck Road. The...
Food: One Fish-Two Fish Restaurant
What can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many,...
Outdoors Activities: The capital of climbing