Mexico City Travel Tips, Mexico
Travel tips > Central America > Mexico > Mexico City travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Mexico City travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (6)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Shopping (2)
Browse Mexico City travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Mexico City travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Mexico City or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Mexico City travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Mexico City
- Zocalo in Mexico CityThe original center of a colonial Spanish city is called a Zocalo. It consists of a square with public buildings and the buildings of the local military. Mexico City's Zocalo is one of the largest in New Spain and its a top must see. [...]D: 18.8mi00
- Jorongo BarI have only spent three days in Mexico City, so I've asked around where to find the most authentic bar. I've decided to go to Jorongo Bar and I wasn't disappionted. There is great music provided by mariachi bands and their [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Plaza de las Tres CulturasThree cultures meet at this beautiful square, the Plaza de los Tres Culturas. One, Mexican, is represented by the modern buildings that surround most of the square and dominate the view. Spanish culture is represented by the Church of [...]D: n/a00
- Tierra de VinosAs the name suggests, Tierra de Vinos is a place for wine tasting. They have an immense collection of wine, I haven't practically seen a wine menu that long in my entire life! You will surely find your international favorites as well as [...]D: 465.3mi00
- XochimilcoAbout 25 km South of the center of Mexico City you will find Xochimilco. It is a canal system with large and colorfully decorated boats floating on the water. The boats are for fun and not for transport primarily. You can get on a boat and [...]D: 1433.9mi00
- Basilica de Santa Maria de GuadalupeI think if you are in Mexico City it is absolutely essential to see some magnificent Catholic churches. Basilica de Santa Maria de Guadalupe is a perfect starting point for that. This wonderful building houses one of the most important [...]D: n/a00
- Rotonda de los Hombres IlustresThe meeting place for many famous Mexicans, politicians, artists, philanthropist is the Rotonda de los Hombres Ilustres - a cemetery. I was quite amazed by the number of members of Mexican elite. The tombstones are put in two large [...]D: n/a01
- UNAM Sculpture GardenIf you want to spend a calm and nice afternoon far from the noises of the city, UNAM Sculpture Garden is the best. It's on the campus of the Autonom University of Mexico and it's a lot of fun. I loved the modern sculptures, the [...]D: 13.6mi00
- Casa de los Azulejos (House of Tiles)One of my favorite sights in the city, Casa de los Azulejos is beautiful, all covered with tiles blue and white. It was built at the beginning of the 16th century for a local count. When he was young, his father told him he will never be [...]D: 213.1mi00
- Bazar del SabadoI think the ultimate Mexican experience I had part in was the Bazar del Sabado. It is a huge market with a lot of things from the fresh products of nearby farmers to craftsmen's works.My favorites were the kitschy religious items, the [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Frida Kahlo MuseumFrida Kahlo was genius and a great woman. This Frida Kahlo Museum is a great memento of her life and art. She was born is this house and later lived here with her husband, Diego Rivera. The movie about her life, Frida was mostly filmed in [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Princesse CacaoThey say chocolate was invented by the Aztecs. If so, Princesse Cacao is the primary place to get chocolate from the cradle of this wonderful candy. They bring chocolates from Southern Mexico - where they say - it was invented. We left [...]D: 8.2mi00
- La Pata NegraThe city's best club I've been to was La Pata Negra. It's a real cool place with a huge dance floor on the second story and a great bar on the first. There are many renown guest DJs all the time and the music is varied. [...]D: 8.3mi00
- National Palace in Mexico CityThis building really earned the name National Palace as it has been the residence of Mexico's monarch or president for over 300 years. Hernan Cortez was the first to live here and it was a presidential residence until not long ago. [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Templo Mayor and Museo del Templo MayorThere are so many mementos of the Aztec culture in Mexico City but perhaps one of the greatest of them is Templo Mayor and the Museo del Templo Mayor. The first was the greatest temple of the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan, the second one is [...]D: 8.6mi10
- Templo MayorTemplo Mayor is an Aztec temple built in the 14th century for the worship of the Aztec god of war and that of the water. It was discovered in the late 1970s in the heart of Mexico City. The temple once was a huge pyramid. On the top of [...]D: 8.7mi00
Things about Mexico City you may be interested in
Recent Mexico City flights found by Travelgrove users
- $283 Aeromexico
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time San Antonio, TX (SAT) Toluco, MX (TLC) 08/11/2016 03:20 pm Toluco, MX (TLC) San Antonio, TX (SAT) 08/26/2016 03:15 pm
- $300 American Airlines
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time San Antonio, TX (SAT) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 08/11/2016 06:03 am Mexico City, MX (MEX) San Antonio, TX (SAT) 08/26/2016 06:13 pm
- $331 Interjet (ABC Aerolineas)
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 08/25/2016 06:15 am Mexico City, MX (MEX) Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW) 09/08/2016 06:20 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Brisbane Hotels For This Weekend designed luxurtguest room, Deluxe, Executive Room, and Suite within the hotel features contemporary decor and...
General: Hotels For This Weekend Brisbane Hotels
Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegowina
Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the business...
General: Hotel UNION
If you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the...
Public Transportation: Check the bus and train schedules
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Karachi Lines, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad & hotels in Karachi with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of pakistan.
General: Hotels in Karachi
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
In the center of the town there is a beautiful church, the 'Szent Mihaly Templom' and in front of it lies the prize-winner statue of one of the...
History & Culture: The St. Michael church and the Mathias statue
Kansas City, Missouri
Serving really tasty, homey dishes, the Stroud's Restaurant & Bar can highly be seen as the best American locale in town. Their chicken...
Food: Stroud's Restaurant & Bar
A nice way to see parts of Portland is to board a vintage trolley, a service running from the first Sunday of March until the last Sunday before...
Public Transportation: Portland Vintage Trolleys