Mexico City Travel Tips, Mexico
Travel tips > Central America > Mexico > Mexico City travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Mexico City travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (6)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Shopping (2)
Browse Mexico City travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Mexico City travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Mexico City or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Mexico City travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Mexico City
- Zocalo in Mexico CityThe original center of a colonial Spanish city is called a Zocalo. It consists of a square with public buildings and the buildings of the local military. Mexico City's Zocalo is one of the largest in New Spain and its a top must see. [...]D: 18.8mi00
- Jorongo BarI have only spent three days in Mexico City, so I've asked around where to find the most authentic bar. I've decided to go to Jorongo Bar and I wasn't disappionted. There is great music provided by mariachi bands and their [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Plaza de las Tres CulturasThree cultures meet at this beautiful square, the Plaza de los Tres Culturas. One, Mexican, is represented by the modern buildings that surround most of the square and dominate the view. Spanish culture is represented by the Church of [...]D: n/a00
- Tierra de VinosAs the name suggests, Tierra de Vinos is a place for wine tasting. They have an immense collection of wine, I haven't practically seen a wine menu that long in my entire life! You will surely find your international favorites as well as [...]D: 465.3mi00
- XochimilcoAbout 25 km South of the center of Mexico City you will find Xochimilco. It is a canal system with large and colorfully decorated boats floating on the water. The boats are for fun and not for transport primarily. You can get on a boat and [...]D: 1433.9mi00
- Basilica de Santa Maria de GuadalupeI think if you are in Mexico City it is absolutely essential to see some magnificent Catholic churches. Basilica de Santa Maria de Guadalupe is a perfect starting point for that. This wonderful building houses one of the most important [...]D: n/a00
- Rotonda de los Hombres IlustresThe meeting place for many famous Mexicans, politicians, artists, philanthropist is the Rotonda de los Hombres Ilustres - a cemetery. I was quite amazed by the number of members of Mexican elite. The tombstones are put in two large [...]D: n/a01
- UNAM Sculpture GardenIf you want to spend a calm and nice afternoon far from the noises of the city, UNAM Sculpture Garden is the best. It's on the campus of the Autonom University of Mexico and it's a lot of fun. I loved the modern sculptures, the [...]D: 13.6mi00
- Casa de los Azulejos (House of Tiles)One of my favorite sights in the city, Casa de los Azulejos is beautiful, all covered with tiles blue and white. It was built at the beginning of the 16th century for a local count. When he was young, his father told him he will never be [...]D: 213.1mi00
- Bazar del SabadoI think the ultimate Mexican experience I had part in was the Bazar del Sabado. It is a huge market with a lot of things from the fresh products of nearby farmers to craftsmen's works.My favorites were the kitschy religious items, the [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Frida Kahlo MuseumFrida Kahlo was genius and a great woman. This Frida Kahlo Museum is a great memento of her life and art. She was born is this house and later lived here with her husband, Diego Rivera. The movie about her life, Frida was mostly filmed in [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Princesse CacaoThey say chocolate was invented by the Aztecs. If so, Princesse Cacao is the primary place to get chocolate from the cradle of this wonderful candy. They bring chocolates from Southern Mexico - where they say - it was invented. We left [...]D: 8.2mi00
- La Pata NegraThe city's best club I've been to was La Pata Negra. It's a real cool place with a huge dance floor on the second story and a great bar on the first. There are many renown guest DJs all the time and the music is varied. [...]D: 8.3mi00
- National Palace in Mexico CityThis building really earned the name National Palace as it has been the residence of Mexico's monarch or president for over 300 years. Hernan Cortez was the first to live here and it was a presidential residence until not long ago. [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Templo Mayor and Museo del Templo MayorThere are so many mementos of the Aztec culture in Mexico City but perhaps one of the greatest of them is Templo Mayor and the Museo del Templo Mayor. The first was the greatest temple of the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan, the second one is [...]D: 8.6mi10
- Templo MayorTemplo Mayor is an Aztec temple built in the 14th century for the worship of the Aztec god of war and that of the water. It was discovered in the late 1970s in the heart of Mexico City. The temple once was a huge pyramid. On the top of [...]D: 8.7mi00
Things about Mexico City you may be interested in
Recent Mexico City flights found by Travelgrove users
- $222 Volaris
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time San Antonio, TX (SAT) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 09/01/2020 02:42 pm Mexico City, MX (MEX) San Antonio, TX (SAT) 09/07/2020 11:16 am
- $233 Aeromexico
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 09/02/2020 11:25 am Mexico City, MX (MEX) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 09/13/2020 07:25 am
- $257 Multiple Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Chicago, IL (ORD) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 09/19/2020 04:10 pm Mexico City, MX (MEX) Chicago, IL (ORD) 09/27/2020 06:51 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
If you have half an hour or so of free time and you don't know what to do with yourself, I suggest you visit Paço Imperial, the former seat of...
History & Culture: Paço Imperial, Rio's Imperial Palace
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
If you want to feel party, go to Alicante during the time of the 'Hogueras de San Juan' at the 24th of june. A lot of exceptional sculptures are...
General: There you should go!
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
I am not much of a vacation person, but on the insistence of my wife who is a history freak and an ardent literature admirer, I packed my bags for...
Family & Fun: When Hunting for a Comfortable Villa in Verona
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
Mamaia is one of the best points of atraction on the Black Sea Beach on the Romanian teritory. The principal point of atraction in Mamaia is the...
General: Aqua Magic, Mamaia