Mexico City Travel Tips, Mexico
Travel tips > Central America > Mexico > Mexico City travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Mexico City travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (6)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Shopping (2)
Browse Mexico City travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Mexico City travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Mexico City or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Mexico City travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Mexico City
- Zocalo in Mexico CityThe original center of a colonial Spanish city is called a Zocalo. It consists of a square with public buildings and the buildings of the local military. Mexico City's Zocalo is one of the largest in New Spain and its a top must see. [...]D: 18.8mi00
- Jorongo BarI have only spent three days in Mexico City, so I've asked around where to find the most authentic bar. I've decided to go to Jorongo Bar and I wasn't disappionted. There is great music provided by mariachi bands and their [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Plaza de las Tres CulturasThree cultures meet at this beautiful square, the Plaza de los Tres Culturas. One, Mexican, is represented by the modern buildings that surround most of the square and dominate the view. Spanish culture is represented by the Church of [...]D: n/a00
- Tierra de VinosAs the name suggests, Tierra de Vinos is a place for wine tasting. They have an immense collection of wine, I haven't practically seen a wine menu that long in my entire life! You will surely find your international favorites as well as [...]D: 465.3mi00
- XochimilcoAbout 25 km South of the center of Mexico City you will find Xochimilco. It is a canal system with large and colorfully decorated boats floating on the water. The boats are for fun and not for transport primarily. You can get on a boat and [...]D: 1433.9mi00
- Basilica de Santa Maria de GuadalupeI think if you are in Mexico City it is absolutely essential to see some magnificent Catholic churches. Basilica de Santa Maria de Guadalupe is a perfect starting point for that. This wonderful building houses one of the most important [...]D: n/a00
- Rotonda de los Hombres IlustresThe meeting place for many famous Mexicans, politicians, artists, philanthropist is the Rotonda de los Hombres Ilustres - a cemetery. I was quite amazed by the number of members of Mexican elite. The tombstones are put in two large [...]D: n/a01
- UNAM Sculpture GardenIf you want to spend a calm and nice afternoon far from the noises of the city, UNAM Sculpture Garden is the best. It's on the campus of the Autonom University of Mexico and it's a lot of fun. I loved the modern sculptures, the [...]D: 13.6mi00
- Casa de los Azulejos (House of Tiles)One of my favorite sights in the city, Casa de los Azulejos is beautiful, all covered with tiles blue and white. It was built at the beginning of the 16th century for a local count. When he was young, his father told him he will never be [...]D: 213.1mi00
- Bazar del SabadoI think the ultimate Mexican experience I had part in was the Bazar del Sabado. It is a huge market with a lot of things from the fresh products of nearby farmers to craftsmen's works.My favorites were the kitschy religious items, the [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Frida Kahlo MuseumFrida Kahlo was genius and a great woman. This Frida Kahlo Museum is a great memento of her life and art. She was born is this house and later lived here with her husband, Diego Rivera. The movie about her life, Frida was mostly filmed in [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Princesse CacaoThey say chocolate was invented by the Aztecs. If so, Princesse Cacao is the primary place to get chocolate from the cradle of this wonderful candy. They bring chocolates from Southern Mexico - where they say - it was invented. We left [...]D: 8.2mi00
- La Pata NegraThe city's best club I've been to was La Pata Negra. It's a real cool place with a huge dance floor on the second story and a great bar on the first. There are many renown guest DJs all the time and the music is varied. [...]D: 8.3mi00
- National Palace in Mexico CityThis building really earned the name National Palace as it has been the residence of Mexico's monarch or president for over 300 years. Hernan Cortez was the first to live here and it was a presidential residence until not long ago. [...]D: 8.8mi00
- Templo Mayor and Museo del Templo MayorThere are so many mementos of the Aztec culture in Mexico City but perhaps one of the greatest of them is Templo Mayor and the Museo del Templo Mayor. The first was the greatest temple of the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan, the second one is [...]D: 8.6mi10
- Templo MayorTemplo Mayor is an Aztec temple built in the 14th century for the worship of the Aztec god of war and that of the water. It was discovered in the late 1970s in the heart of Mexico City. The temple once was a huge pyramid. On the top of [...]D: 8.7mi00
Things about Mexico City you may be interested in
Recent Mexico City flights found by Travelgrove users
- $314 Air Tran
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Santa Ana, CA (SNA) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 10/08/2014 09:35 am Mexico City, MX (MEX) Santa Ana, CA (SNA) 10/14/2014 02:45 pm
- $367 Alaska Airlines
faregeek.com check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 10/08/2014 12:10 am Mexico City, MX (MEX) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 10/14/2014 07:00 am
- $420 US Airways
faregeek.com check price
From To Departure Time Long Beach, CA (LGB) Mexico City, MX (MEX) 10/08/2014 04:35 pm Mexico City, MX (MEX) Long Beach, CA (LGB) 10/14/2014 07:00 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
Los Cabos, Mexico
We sailed on this absolutely gorgeous and luxurious boat on our last day in Los Cabos and it was just perfect. We departed just before sundown...
Sightseeing: Tropicat Jazz and Wine Cruise around Los Cabos
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
Seoul, South Korea
'Playing with your food' seems to hold up a totally new meaning when you watch the show that is held every night in the Nanta Theater in...
Family & Fun: Nanta Theater
Charlotte, North Carolina
The best way to explore and experience the city is by taking part on one of the Charlotte NC Tours. Bicycle, van segway and other guided tours are...
Outdoors Activities: Charlotte NC Tours
Overland Park, Kansas
Place Delicate clothing can be placed between two dry cleaner bags and then fold the item and pack. The garment will not have any fold creases and...
General: Place Delicate
I you are looking for a cafe/pub which is both geeky and cool, and where you can enjoy the best coffee in the state while listening to great live...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backspace Cafe
WELCOME TO VIETNAM TRIP FINDER CENTRAL TOURIST ONLINE SUPPORT BOOKING We are Vietnam Trip Finder, Online Tourist Travel Agency...
General: Vietnam Your Best Promotion Travel