Zocalo in Mexico City
Travel tips > Central America > Mexico > Mexico City > Zocalo in Mexico City
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Mexico City's Zocalo is one of the largest in New Spain and its a top must see. The buildings are mostly from the 17th century and they are in very good condition. The Zocalo is the perfect place to observe (and photograph) Spanish colonial architecture. Zocalo is crowded most of the time but it doesn't take anything from it's beauty. We loved the street musicians and my boyfriend and I bought nice souvenirs from the craftsmen selling their work in the area.
Zócalo, La Estación, Tlahuac, Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
All day long.
Recent travel tips for Mexico City
- Frida Kahlo MuseumFrida Kahlo was genius and a great woman. This Frida Kahlo Museum is a great memento of her life and art. She was born is this house and later lived here with her husband, Diego Rivera. The movie about her life, Frida was mostly filmed in [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Rotonda de los Hombres IlustresThe meeting place for many famous Mexicans, politicians, artists, philanthropist is the Rotonda de los Hombres Ilustres - a cemetery. I was quite amazed by the number of members of Mexican elite. The tombstones are put in two large [...]D: n/a01
- Jorongo BarI have only spent three days in Mexico City, so I've asked around where to find the most authentic bar. I've decided to go to Jorongo Bar and I wasn't disappionted. There is great music provided by mariachi bands and their [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Princesse CacaoThey say chocolate was invented by the Aztecs. If so, Princesse Cacao is the primary place to get chocolate from the cradle of this wonderful candy. They bring chocolates from Southern Mexico - where they say - it was invented. We left [...]D: 8.2mi00
- La Pata NegraThe city's best club I've been to was La Pata Negra. It's a real cool place with a huge dance floor on the second story and a great bar on the first. There are many renown guest DJs all the time and the music is varied. [...]D: 8.3mi00
Things about Mexico City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
Muckross Estate is something you must see if you are in Killarney, although it is out of the city, some 2-3 miles from the city center. Take a tour...
History & Culture: Muckross Estate
Ahmedabad is a the finest example of cultural heritage, a place of diversity, oldest to latest trends, colors, festivals!!! Amazing. Food is...
General: City of Culture and Heritage
When you head into Izmir, you might wander why because it's not really a sight seeing place. But don't worry, if you head to the water and walk...
Sightseeing: The Big Statue of Attaturk
This was the most exciting cruise I've ever took with my family. My children just loved the role-playing game arranged by Urban Pirates on...
Family & Fun: Urban Pirates
A bit of European feeling is what you get at Yanni's Greek Grill. The atmosphere is friendly, inviting and they serve really great Greek food. ...
Food: Yannis Greek Grill
El Paso, Texas
A cozy little restaurant on Trevino street, Geske's Fire Grill offers really tasty dishes that make your mouth water just when you think about...
Food: Geske's Fire Grill
Only 6 miles to the north of Indianapolis, Conner Prairie is an outdoor museum with lots of interactive shows and exhibitions. Favorite of both...
History & Culture: Conner Prairie
New Orleans, Louisiana
Tipitina's was featured in The Big Easy, the 1987 film, and it is one o the liveslies night spot in the city. It is a venue where you can see...
Night Life & Entertainment: Tipitina's in New orleans
San Francisco, California
Like Art Deco? Definitely this is the place for you. It's like you are back in the America of the 1930s. There is live Jazz music that remind us to...