Zocalo in Mexico City
Travel tips > Central America > Mexico > Mexico City > Zocalo in Mexico City
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Mexico City's Zocalo is one of the largest in New Spain and its a top must see. The buildings are mostly from the 17th century and they are in very good condition. The Zocalo is the perfect place to observe (and photograph) Spanish colonial architecture. Zocalo is crowded most of the time but it doesn't take anything from it's beauty. We loved the street musicians and my boyfriend and I bought nice souvenirs from the craftsmen selling their work in the area.
Zócalo, La Estación, Tlahuac, Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
All day long.
Recent travel tips for Mexico City
- Jorongo BarI have only spent three days in Mexico City, so I've asked around where to find the most authentic bar. I've decided to go to Jorongo Bar and I wasn't disappionted. There is great music provided by mariachi bands and their [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Plaza de las Tres CulturasThree cultures meet at this beautiful square, the Plaza de los Tres Culturas. One, Mexican, is represented by the modern buildings that surround most of the square and dominate the view. Spanish culture is represented by the Church of [...]D: n/a00
- Frida Kahlo MuseumFrida Kahlo was genius and a great woman. This Frida Kahlo Museum is a great memento of her life and art. She was born is this house and later lived here with her husband, Diego Rivera. The movie about her life, Frida was mostly filmed in [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Bazar del SabadoI think the ultimate Mexican experience I had part in was the Bazar del Sabado. It is a huge market with a lot of things from the fresh products of nearby farmers to craftsmen's works.My favorites were the kitschy religious items, the [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Templo MayorTemplo Mayor is an Aztec temple built in the 14th century for the worship of the Aztec god of war and that of the water. It was discovered in the late 1970s in the heart of Mexico City. The temple once was a huge pyramid. On the top of [...]D: 8.7mi00
Things about Mexico City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
When you think about China and gardens in the same sentence, the word that comes to mind is 'transquility'. But if that's what you...
Outdoors Activities: Yu Yuan Gardens in Shanghai
There are several places to enjoy a nice meal in Munich. This is a reasonably priced option with a really nice atmosphere. Although the name...
Food: Victorian House - Neuhausen
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
Alberta is a nice Canadian province to require a road trip. the general public head W from city to metropolis so work their thanks to opaque gem...
General: The Ultimate Alberta Road Trip
Charlotte, North Carolina
When I think of New York, I envision a city springing with life. This land defines newer realms of life. For the increasing aspirants there are,...
Family & Fun: New York Sightseeing, More than a Plain Tour
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz