National Palace in Mexico City
Travel tips > Central America > Mexico > Mexico City > National Palace in Mexico City
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The palace is amazing and huge, but the its second floor is the most interesting part. It is decorated with the murals of the famous 20th century artist, Diego Rivera, the husband of Frida Kahlo. The murals depict events from the history of Mexico, many from the Aztec times. My favorite mural is the one telling the legend of Quetzacoatl, the white man brought to the Aztecs by a feathered snake. The pictures are amazing, you have to see them.
José María Pino Suárez PALACIO NACIONAL, Centro, Mexico
Free, but you'll have to show your ID or driving license.
Recent travel tips for Mexico City
- Plaza de las Tres CulturasThree cultures meet at this beautiful square, the Plaza de los Tres Culturas. One, Mexican, is represented by the modern buildings that surround most of the square and dominate the view. Spanish culture is represented by the Church of [...]D: n/a00
- Tierra de VinosAs the name suggests, Tierra de Vinos is a place for wine tasting. They have an immense collection of wine, I haven't practically seen a wine menu that long in my entire life! You will surely find your international favorites as well as [...]D: 465.3mi00
- UNAM Sculpture GardenIf you want to spend a calm and nice afternoon far from the noises of the city, UNAM Sculpture Garden is the best. It's on the campus of the Autonom University of Mexico and it's a lot of fun. I loved the modern sculptures, the [...]D: 13.6mi00
- Templo MayorTemplo Mayor is an Aztec temple built in the 14th century for the worship of the Aztec god of war and that of the water. It was discovered in the late 1970s in the heart of Mexico City. The temple once was a huge pyramid. On the top of [...]D: 8.7mi00
- Templo Mayor and Museo del Templo MayorThere are so many mementos of the Aztec culture in Mexico City but perhaps one of the greatest of them is Templo Mayor and the Museo del Templo Mayor. The first was the greatest temple of the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan, the second one is [...]D: 8.6mi10
Things about Mexico City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Salford, United Kingdom
UK Minibus Hire is a minibus hire company in the United Kingdom. We are offering to book local minibus around many popular regions Sheffield,...
Public Transportation: Ukminibuses Travel
They have great Italian food and good jazz all the time. They have a TV and you can freely read newspapers and magazines. Altogether it's a rather...
Night Life & Entertainment: Caffè Megara
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Visit Braila city ,Romania, an historical towm on the Danube, with a local guide -walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main...
Sightseeing: Braila city tour/Braila walking tour
The best way to get to the city from the airport is by Taxi. Also, once you are in the city, the best way to travel is again by taxi, it's cheap...
Public Transportation: Airport Transfer
El Paso, Texas
With a historical and cultural background the Mayapan Market is an indoor market with lots of handcrafts, dried goods and food stalls. There is...
Shopping: Mayapan Market
Kansas City, Missouri
The best place to take the kids or just have fun with your partner, friends. The Worlds of Fun is the best amusement park in Kansas City. There...
Family & Fun: Worlds Of Fun
Key West, Florida
The hotel is in the central district of Key West, near such major attractions like Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Key West Lighthouse, Mallory...
General: Key West - Southernmost on the Beach Hotel
Built on the image of the Washington Capitol, this imposing marble building is home to the senate and a public museum. Free tours are provided...
History & Culture: California State Capitol Museum