National Palace in Mexico City
Travel tips > Central America > Mexico > Mexico City > National Palace in Mexico City
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The palace is amazing and huge, but the its second floor is the most interesting part. It is decorated with the murals of the famous 20th century artist, Diego Rivera, the husband of Frida Kahlo. The murals depict events from the history of Mexico, many from the Aztec times. My favorite mural is the one telling the legend of Quetzacoatl, the white man brought to the Aztecs by a feathered snake. The pictures are amazing, you have to see them.
José María Pino Suárez PALACIO NACIONAL, Centro, Mexico
Free, but you'll have to show your ID or driving license.
Recent travel tips for Mexico City
- La Pata NegraThe city's best club I've been to was La Pata Negra. It's a real cool place with a huge dance floor on the second story and a great bar on the first. There are many renown guest DJs all the time and the music is varied. [...]D: 8.3mi00
- Zocalo in Mexico CityThe original center of a colonial Spanish city is called a Zocalo. It consists of a square with public buildings and the buildings of the local military. Mexico City's Zocalo is one of the largest in New Spain and its a top must see. [...]D: 18.8mi00
- Princesse CacaoThey say chocolate was invented by the Aztecs. If so, Princesse Cacao is the primary place to get chocolate from the cradle of this wonderful candy. They bring chocolates from Southern Mexico - where they say - it was invented. We left [...]D: 8.2mi00
- Bazar del SabadoI think the ultimate Mexican experience I had part in was the Bazar del Sabado. It is a huge market with a lot of things from the fresh products of nearby farmers to craftsmen's works.My favorites were the kitschy religious items, the [...]D: 12.4mi00
- Tierra de VinosAs the name suggests, Tierra de Vinos is a place for wine tasting. They have an immense collection of wine, I haven't practically seen a wine menu that long in my entire life! You will surely find your international favorites as well as [...]D: 465.3mi00
Things about Mexico City you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
Visiting Jerusalem don't miss the Via Dolorosa which is, according to the Christian tradition, the path that the messiah walked with his cross on...
General: Via Dolorosa Stations of the Cross
People don't take trips… trips take people
General: Dreadful Trip
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
Kerala is one of the top-ranking tourist destinations in India. There are so many locations around the world in order to celebrate holidays. But if...
General: Perfect Holiday Trip to Munnar
The Vatican Museum is one of the most important Museums in Rome and probably in the World. You can find fantastic artwork including works of Rafael...
History & Culture: The Vatican Musem
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I just love unique jewelry and especially those beautiful pieces that have a cultural connotation. And each time I travel abroad I like to take...
Shopping: Skip Maisel's
I don't think there is a museum in the whole world that would be so large, so much fun and so much to teach children about history, science,...
History & Culture: Indianapolis Children's Museum