Greece Travel Tips, Europe
Travel tips > Europe > Greece travel tips
Browse useful Greece travel tips using the map (by moving the mouse over a city pin or by clicking it) or simply scroll down on this page. After finding the travel tips for Greece you are interested in, you may leave a comment or ask the authors of the tips - being experienced travelers but also real users just like you they will gladly answer. Also, we do encourage you to provide your own useful travel tips for your favorite cities in Greece or anywhere else in the world, so that others can learn from you as well.
Recent travel tips from Greece
- The ancient cityArgos travel tipsIf you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora. [...]D: 1mi00
- The ancient burial place KerameikosAthens travel tipsIf you are at Athens, visit the Kerameikos, the ancient burial place of Athens. It is situated north east of the Acropolis. Some findings are also to see in the Kerameikos museum, the bigger part is shown at the national Museum. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The temple of ApolloCorinth travel tipsYou really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city. [...]D: n/a00
- Check the bus and train schedulesDhelfoi travel tipsIf you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the middle of nowhere! [...]D: n/a00
- Reaching other cities from GythionGythion travel tipsIf you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Archaeological museum of IraklioIraklion travel tipsIf you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes Goddess. It´s worth a visit. [...]D: 217mi00
- Beach BreakKalamata travel tipsIf you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Icon workshop in KalambakaKalambaka travel tipsThere is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy icons or other souvenirs here. [...]D: n/a00
- Park in the heart of the cityKaterini travel tipsThere is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it! [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Litochoro - a place you should see!Litochoro travel tipsIf you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on the other the mountains... it's amazing. There is a church in the city center which worth [...]D: 0.3mi10
- Sleep inside the cavesMatala travel tipsSleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though [...]D: n/a10
- FortressNafplion travel tipsVisit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Cheap supermarket near ParaliaParalia travel tipsIf you want to buy some food but you don't want to pay as much as you would have to in Paralia, I suggest you to try that small supermarket we used to deal at. We found it by mistake when we drove back from Katerini to Paralia. It is [...]D: n/a00
- Rion beachPatrai travel tipsDon't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap. [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Travel to SchinoussaSchoinas travel tipsIf you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the other one on Wednesday at half past four. It sets sail from a port situated very close to Athens, [...]D: 280.6mi20
- If you don't want to get lostSparti travel tipsIf you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other small Greek villages, that you´re stuck in the 'desert'. [...]D: 24.4mi00
- The RotundaThessaloniki travel tipsThe Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history, right? It is the oldest building in Thessaloniki, built in the 4th century AD by the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Insland of Santorini/ThiraThira travel tipsIf you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and watch the landscape , especially the coastal cliff way from Fira to Oia. There are also [...]D: 177mi00
- TravelingTripoli travel tipsIf you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Places to stay in AmaliapolisVolos travel tipsIf you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic fresh fish and a nice sandy beach. There are rental apartments and a couple of small hotels and [...]D: 17.2mi01
Things about Greece you may be interested in
Browse Greece travel tips by cities:Argos (1)Athens (6)Corinth (1)Dhelfoi (1)Gythion (1)Iraklion (1)Kalamata (1)Kalambaka (1)Katerini (2)Litochoro (1)Matala (1)Nafplion (1)Paralia (3)Patrai (1)Schoinas (1)Sparti (1)Thessaloniki (1)Thira (1)Tripoli (1)Volos (2)
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are holidaying on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality, our Sydney hotel deal for tonight is perfect for you. Our hotels in...
General: Sydney Hotel Deals for Tonight
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
Hello to all, the Association organizes travel in Natura & Avventura desertakakus,Travel is the best way to discover desert. We are a small...
General: Natura & Avventura
According to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth...
History & Culture: Shwedagon Pagoda
Saint Petersburg, Russia
I you ask me, all of Saint Petersburg is definitely worth visiting, but if you don't feel like walking around all the town in search of cool...
History & Culture: The Historic Center of Saint Petersburg
I went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't...
Sightseeing: NASA Johnson Space Center
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
It was an amazing trip and a great choice to visit not only bustling city of Miami but also its surroundings which as it turned out, are quite rich...
Outdoors Activities: A great trip to the Florida Everglades
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market