Greece Travel Tips, Europe
Travel tips > Europe > Greece travel tips
Browse useful Greece travel tips using the map (by moving the mouse over a city pin or by clicking it) or simply scroll down on this page. After finding the travel tips for Greece you are interested in, you may leave a comment or ask the authors of the tips - being experienced travelers but also real users just like you they will gladly answer. Also, we do encourage you to provide your own useful travel tips for your favorite cities in Greece or anywhere else in the world, so that others can learn from you as well.
Recent travel tips from Greece
- The ancient cityArgos travel tipsIf you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora. [...]D: 1mi00
- The ancient burial place KerameikosAthens travel tipsIf you are at Athens, visit the Kerameikos, the ancient burial place of Athens. It is situated north east of the Acropolis. Some findings are also to see in the Kerameikos museum, the bigger part is shown at the national Museum. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The temple of ApolloCorinth travel tipsYou really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city. [...]D: n/a00
- Check the bus and train schedulesDhelfoi travel tipsIf you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the middle of nowhere! [...]D: n/a00
- Reaching other cities from GythionGythion travel tipsIf you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Archaeological museum of IraklioIraklion travel tipsIf you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes Goddess. It´s worth a visit. [...]D: 217mi00
- Beach BreakKalamata travel tipsIf you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Icon workshop in KalambakaKalambaka travel tipsThere is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy icons or other souvenirs here. [...]D: n/a00
- Park in the heart of the cityKaterini travel tipsThere is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it! [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Litochoro - a place you should see!Litochoro travel tipsIf you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on the other the mountains... it's amazing. There is a church in the city center which worth [...]D: 0.3mi10
- Sleep inside the cavesMatala travel tipsSleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though [...]D: n/a10
- FortressNafplion travel tipsVisit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Cheap supermarket near ParaliaParalia travel tipsIf you want to buy some food but you don't want to pay as much as you would have to in Paralia, I suggest you to try that small supermarket we used to deal at. We found it by mistake when we drove back from Katerini to Paralia. It is [...]D: n/a00
- Rion beachPatrai travel tipsDon't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap. [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Travel to SchinoussaSchoinas travel tipsIf you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the other one on Wednesday at half past four. It sets sail from a port situated very close to Athens, [...]D: 280.6mi20
- If you don't want to get lostSparti travel tipsIf you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other small Greek villages, that you´re stuck in the 'desert'. [...]D: 24.4mi00
- The RotundaThessaloniki travel tipsThe Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history, right? It is the oldest building in Thessaloniki, built in the 4th century AD by the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Insland of Santorini/ThiraThira travel tipsIf you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and watch the landscape , especially the coastal cliff way from Fira to Oia. There are also [...]D: 177mi00
- TravelingTripoli travel tipsIf you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Places to stay in AmaliapolisVolos travel tipsIf you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic fresh fish and a nice sandy beach. There are rental apartments and a couple of small hotels and [...]D: 17.2mi01
Things about Greece you may be interested in
Browse Greece travel tips by cities:Argos (1)Athens (6)Corinth (1)Dhelfoi (1)Gythion (1)Iraklion (1)Kalamata (1)Kalambaka (1)Katerini (2)Litochoro (1)Matala (1)Nafplion (1)Paralia (3)Patrai (1)Schoinas (1)Sparti (1)Thessaloniki (1)Thira (1)Tripoli (1)Volos (2)
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
This Museum is located inside the Al Fahid Fort and is one of the best places to experience some of the truly original Arabic artwork and more. The...
History & Culture: Dubai Museum
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
The Alhambra is definitely a must see. It is the most beautiful of all Granada's great buildings and other Arabic memories. The Alhambra is...
History & Culture: The Alhambra
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
Ostia Antica, Italy
In Ostia, there is a beautiful beach. You can swim there very good.
General: The beautiful beach of Ostia
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
It is perfect if you are with kids, but you must go anyway. One of the best museums I have ever seen. They have a lot of cool exhibitions, no...
History & Culture: Museum of Natural Science in Houston
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt