Budapest Travel Tips, Hungary
Travel tips > Europe > Hungary > Budapest travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Budapest travel tip categories:
- General (4)
- History & Culture (5)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Family & Fun (3)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Public Transportation (1)
Browse Budapest travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Budapest travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Budapest or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Budapest travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Budapest
- Cruise on DanubeThis cruise is lasts 1,5 hour. During the cruise more of the main sights can be seen (Parliament, Caste district, Gellért Hill, Palace of Arts, National Theatre etc.) Traditional dishes, drinks and music can be enjoyed during the cruise. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Gellért SpaThe Gellért Spa is the most prestigious thermal bath in Budapest. It has outdoor pool with artificial waves and thermal pools and saunas indoor. The thermal pool sections are separated. Massage & ticket reservation: email@example.com [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Széchenyi SpaSzéchenyi is the biggest spa in Budapest with 18 thermal pools. All pools, saunas, steam cabins, fitness rooms and massage service are available. The main swimming pool section and thermal pools are possible to visit mixed. [...]D: 2.5mi10
- Dinner & Cruise1,5 hour long cruise on the Danube with live Hungarian music. During the sightseeing traditional dishes & drinks are served for guests. The main sights are the Parliament, Chain Bridge, Gellert Hill and Royal Castle. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Wall climbing in BudapestThere are several cheap opportunities for wall climbing in Budapest. In Summer it's almost like a hot sauna in an expensive spa ... [...]D: n/a00
- Budapest zooBudapest has a great zoo. The entrance fee is pretty cheap and you can see diverse animals there. I suggest you to visit it if you travel to Budapest. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Matthias ChurchThe Matthias Church or Church of Our Lady is a 700 years old Catholic temple. It was named after the great king of Hungary, Matthias Rex. It's building style is a mixed one because of the changes that were made on it throughout the [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Memento ParkIt is a very bizarre place, a unique collection of Communist memories. You would see there giant Engels, Marx and Stalins and also memorials of the Communist Martyrs. As far as I know, this is the only museum of this kind in the world, so [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Synagogue and Jewish MuseumThe Great Synagogue is the largest in Europe. It is situated in Erzsebet Town, and built in Byzantine-Moorish style with beautiful arches and windows. The interior of the building is also wonderful and huge. My favorite was the ceiling, [...]D: 0.8mi00
- State Opera HouseThis is something you really shouldn't miss. The building of the State Opera House in Budapest is one of the most beautiful ones in the city. The shows are not very expensive and of a very good quality with great performances. There are [...]D: 1mi00
- House of TerrorIt's the most realistic, accurate and also depressing museum I've ever seen about communism and nazism. Th building itself was the headquarter of the hyngarian political police in during the fcism and also during the comunism. With a lot of [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Budapest Public TransportBudapest is a very nice city, I have been there many times. There are so many places which worth to be visited. Because Budapest is a crowded city I recommend to leave the car in the hotel' parking land an use the public transport.It is [...]D: n/a00
- Free Budapest Walking ToursCome along on the daily Free Budapest Walking Tour at 10.30 a.m, which is an informative and entertaining general walking tour around the best sites Pest and Buda offers. If you are interested in the Communism with its undercover stories [...]D: 0.4mi00
- The Hungarian ParliamentThe Parliament of Hungary is one of the most beautiful parliaments in Europe so don't miss to visit it if you are in Budapest. The entrance is not very cheap, it is 20$ per person, but it really worth it. For that you get a 1.5 hour guided [...]D: 1mi00
- Parking in BudapestIn Budapest at most of the places you have to pay if you want to park your car. The fee is a little high but it's quite hard to find a place where it's free to park. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Cruising from Budapest to SzentendreIf you want to see Budapest from another view, I have an advice for you. Last summer I was with a ship from Budapest to Szentendre - it was awesome! All those beautiful bridges, the Parliament, etc. can be seen differently than you saw [...]D: 0.4mi00
- How to get from the airport Ferihegy to the cityArriving to the airport Ferihegy do not choose a taxi or bus service. There are regular bus routes of the local transportation company (BKV) to Kobanya-Kispest, what is the last station of the subway "blue" (no.2), going to city center. It [...]D: n/a00
- Public transportation ticket prices from 2009Bruzli is right, the traffic can be desperately slow. Here are the ticket prices: daily ticket - 1,500 HUF (5 Euro), 3 days tourist pass 3,700 HUF (12,3 Euro) and 4,400 HUF (14.7 Euro) for a weekly ticket. You can use these tickets on each [...]D: n/a00
- Traffic signs in the inner cityDont rely yourself on street signs. Take a good street map with you or use a updated navigation system. Otherwise you will spend much more time driving through the city than you wanted to. [...]D: 0.5mi10
Things about Budapest you may be interested in
Recent Budapest flights found by Travelgrove users
- $697 Aeroflot
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) Budapest, HU (BUD) 10/27/2015 08:20 pm Budapest, HU (BUD) New York, NY (JFK) 11/03/2015 11:35 pm
- $705 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Newark, NJ (EWR) Budapest, HU (BUD) 10/27/2015 07:35 pm Budapest, HU (BUD) Newark, NJ (EWR) 11/03/2015 06:35 am
- $783 Thy Turkish Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Washington DC, DC (IAD) Budapest, HU (BUD) 10/27/2015 12:30 am Budapest, HU (BUD) Washington DC, DC (IAD) 11/03/2015 09:25 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
New Delhi, India
Rajasthan - the land of exquisite monuments, picturesque lakes, blossoming gardens and it is one of the most admired tourism destination of the...
General: Monuments, forts, palaces and lakes in Rajasthan
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
Satu Mare, Romania
If you want to sleep a night or two in Satu Mare you can go to the two most known hotels, Dacia Hotel and Aurora Hotel wich are located in the...
General: Venues accommodation in Satu Mare, Hotel Alma spa
Just across the street from the Blue Mosque, the Basilica Cistern is a mysterious underground place that you shouldn't miss. There are very...
Sightseeing: Basilica Cistern
Furnished Apartment 45 sqm for Daily- weekly renting on attractive touristic and business location in BELVILLE Delta City New Belgrade Serbia. ...
Night Life & Entertainment: Visit Belgrade
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
I don't think I have ever visited a museum that has focused its exhibitions on the wildlife of the dessert and had such an amazing collection...
History & Culture: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum