Budapest Travel Tips, Hungary
Travel tips > Europe > Hungary > Budapest travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Budapest travel tip categories:
- General (4)
- History & Culture (5)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Family & Fun (3)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Public Transportation (1)
Browse Budapest travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Budapest travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Budapest or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Budapest travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Budapest
- Cruise on DanubeThis cruise is lasts 1,5 hour. During the cruise more of the main sights can be seen (Parliament, Caste district, Gellért Hill, Palace of Arts, National Theatre etc.) Traditional dishes, drinks and music can be enjoyed during the cruise. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Gellért SpaThe Gellért Spa is the most prestigious thermal bath in Budapest. It has outdoor pool with artificial waves and thermal pools and saunas indoor. The thermal pool sections are separated. Massage & ticket reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Széchenyi SpaSzéchenyi is the biggest spa in Budapest with 18 thermal pools. All pools, saunas, steam cabins, fitness rooms and massage service are available. The main swimming pool section and thermal pools are possible to visit mixed. [...]D: 2.5mi10
- Dinner & Cruise1,5 hour long cruise on the Danube with live Hungarian music. During the sightseeing traditional dishes & drinks are served for guests. The main sights are the Parliament, Chain Bridge, Gellert Hill and Royal Castle. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Wall climbing in BudapestThere are several cheap opportunities for wall climbing in Budapest. In Summer it's almost like a hot sauna in an expensive spa ... [...]D: n/a00
- Budapest zooBudapest has a great zoo. The entrance fee is pretty cheap and you can see diverse animals there. I suggest you to visit it if you travel to Budapest. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Matthias ChurchThe Matthias Church or Church of Our Lady is a 700 years old Catholic temple. It was named after the great king of Hungary, Matthias Rex. It's building style is a mixed one because of the changes that were made on it throughout the [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Memento ParkIt is a very bizarre place, a unique collection of Communist memories. You would see there giant Engels, Marx and Stalins and also memorials of the Communist Martyrs. As far as I know, this is the only museum of this kind in the world, so [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Synagogue and Jewish MuseumThe Great Synagogue is the largest in Europe. It is situated in Erzsebet Town, and built in Byzantine-Moorish style with beautiful arches and windows. The interior of the building is also wonderful and huge. My favorite was the ceiling, [...]D: 0.8mi00
- State Opera HouseThis is something you really shouldn't miss. The building of the State Opera House in Budapest is one of the most beautiful ones in the city. The shows are not very expensive and of a very good quality with great performances. There are [...]D: 1mi00
- House of TerrorIt's the most realistic, accurate and also depressing museum I've ever seen about communism and nazism. Th building itself was the headquarter of the hyngarian political police in during the fcism and also during the comunism. With a lot of [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Budapest Public TransportBudapest is a very nice city, I have been there many times. There are so many places which worth to be visited. Because Budapest is a crowded city I recommend to leave the car in the hotel' parking land an use the public transport.It is [...]D: n/a00
- Free Budapest Walking ToursCome along on the daily Free Budapest Walking Tour at 10.30 a.m, which is an informative and entertaining general walking tour around the best sites Pest and Buda offers. If you are interested in the Communism with its undercover stories [...]D: 0.4mi00
- The Hungarian ParliamentThe Parliament of Hungary is one of the most beautiful parliaments in Europe so don't miss to visit it if you are in Budapest. The entrance is not very cheap, it is 20$ per person, but it really worth it. For that you get a 1.5 hour guided [...]D: 1mi00
- Parking in BudapestIn Budapest at most of the places you have to pay if you want to park your car. The fee is a little high but it's quite hard to find a place where it's free to park. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Cruising from Budapest to SzentendreIf you want to see Budapest from another view, I have an advice for you. Last summer I was with a ship from Budapest to Szentendre - it was awesome! All those beautiful bridges, the Parliament, etc. can be seen differently than you saw [...]D: 0.4mi00
- How to get from the airport Ferihegy to the cityArriving to the airport Ferihegy do not choose a taxi or bus service. There are regular bus routes of the local transportation company (BKV) to Kobanya-Kispest, what is the last station of the subway "blue" (no.2), going to city center. It [...]D: n/a00
- Public transportation ticket prices from 2009Bruzli is right, the traffic can be desperately slow. Here are the ticket prices: daily ticket - 1,500 HUF (5 Euro), 3 days tourist pass 3,700 HUF (12,3 Euro) and 4,400 HUF (14.7 Euro) for a weekly ticket. You can use these tickets on each [...]D: n/a00
- Traffic signs in the inner cityDont rely yourself on street signs. Take a good street map with you or use a updated navigation system. Otherwise you will spend much more time driving through the city than you wanted to. [...]D: 0.5mi10
Things about Budapest you may be interested in
Recent Budapest flights found by Travelgrove users
- $692 Lufthansa
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) Budapest, HU (BUD) 05/14/2015 05:45 pm Budapest, HU (BUD) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 05/21/2015 06:35 am
- $814 Aeroflot
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) Budapest, HU (BUD) 05/21/2015 07:10 pm Budapest, HU (BUD) New York, NY (JFK) 05/25/2015 08:30 pm
- $949 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time San Francisco, CA (SFO) Budapest, HU (BUD) 05/04/2015 01:15 pm Budapest, HU (BUD) San Francisco, CA (SFO) 05/18/2015 06:45 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
It's the best place in Salzburg if you want to taste traditional Austrian food. It is not expensive, but is one of the best restaurants in the city...
Food: Brüderlein fein
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Welcome to India. Our tour manager will receive you at Airport and will escort you to your hotel in an AC car. Delhi, the capital city of India,...
History & Culture: Go on exploratory tour of New Delhi – See monuments like Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Red Fort etc.
If you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road...
Family & Fun: 'Cabana Art' pension in Arieseni
Don't miss out to visit the Black Church and the tower of the city.
History & Culture: Siteseeing in Brasov
Visiting Bangkok is like visiting any other large city in the world. There is always something going on. The best time to visit Bangkok is during...
General: Best time to visit
Corpus Christi, Texas
Maybe not the most elegant of dining places but once you try the poblano soup you will be dreaming of returning to the Nuevo Cafe. I don't know...
Food: Nuevo Cafe
Raleigh, North Carolina
A beautiful and large museum with a vast variety of exhibitions; the North Carolina Museum of Art holds interesting artifacts that can be viewed...
History & Culture: North Carolina Museum of Art