Synagogue and Jewish Museum, Budapest, Hungary
Travel tips > Europe > Hungary > Budapest > Synagogue and Jewish Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The interior of the building is also wonderful and huge. My favorite was the ceiling, covered with Stars of David and the floor, also covered with stars.
Next to the Synagogue is the Jewish Museum with religious objects and other Jewish relics. There is also a very moving Holocaust Room, but which was very astonishing and still beautiful, was the Holocaust Memorial on the yard, a metal weeping willow with names of the victims engraved in each leaf. I think it is a beautiful way to remember.
Dohany utca 2-8
Synagogue and Museum go together for 4,5 Euros.
Recent travel tips for Budapest
- Budapest zooBudapest has a great zoo. The entrance fee is pretty cheap and you can see diverse animals there. I suggest you to visit it if you travel to Budapest. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Memento ParkIt is a very bizarre place, a unique collection of Communist memories. You would see there giant Engels, Marx and Stalins and also memorials of the Communist Martyrs. As far as I know, this is the only museum of this kind in the world, so [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Széchenyi SpaSzéchenyi is the biggest spa in Budapest with 18 thermal pools. All pools, saunas, steam cabins, fitness rooms and massage service are available. The main swimming pool section and thermal pools are possible to visit mixed. [...]D: 2.5mi10
- Budapest Public TransportBudapest is a very nice city, I have been there many times. There are so many places which worth to be visited. Because Budapest is a crowded city I recommend to leave the car in the hotel' parking land an use the public transport.It is [...]D: n/a00
- Matthias ChurchThe Matthias Church or Church of Our Lady is a 700 years old Catholic temple. It was named after the great king of Hungary, Matthias Rex. It's building style is a mixed one because of the changes that were made on it throughout the [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Budapest you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
The home of FC Barcelona who play in La Liga (1st Division). Try to catch a football game here in this stadium of nearly 80,000, even if you're...
Night Life & Entertainment: Nou Camp
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
From Brasov to Covasna one can use as a convenient mean of transportation the minibus. Ecosil (www.ecosil.ro) has 4-7 connections per day (4 in the...
General: From Brasov to Covasna
For a bit of Japanese feeling and a great Asian cuisine, a dinner of a lunch taken in Akaihana is the only way. They serve excellent sushi, not to...
If you've seen the movie or know about the famous race horse Secretariat, than you would probably wouldn't want to miss a trip to the...
Family & Fun: Kentucky Horse Park
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head