Synagogue and Jewish Museum, Budapest, Hungary
Travel tips > Europe > Hungary > Budapest > Synagogue and Jewish Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The interior of the building is also wonderful and huge. My favorite was the ceiling, covered with Stars of David and the floor, also covered with stars.
Next to the Synagogue is the Jewish Museum with religious objects and other Jewish relics. There is also a very moving Holocaust Room, but which was very astonishing and still beautiful, was the Holocaust Memorial on the yard, a metal weeping willow with names of the victims engraved in each leaf. I think it is a beautiful way to remember.
Dohany utca 2-8
Synagogue and Museum go together for 4,5 Euros.
Recent travel tips for Budapest
- Wall climbing in BudapestThere are several cheap opportunities for wall climbing in Budapest. In Summer it's almost like a hot sauna in an expensive spa ... [...]D: n/a00
- House of TerrorIt's the most realistic, accurate and also depressing museum I've ever seen about communism and nazism. Th building itself was the headquarter of the hyngarian political police in during the fcism and also during the comunism. With a lot of [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Cruise on DanubeThis cruise is lasts 1,5 hour. During the cruise more of the main sights can be seen (Parliament, Caste district, Gellért Hill, Palace of Arts, National Theatre etc.) Traditional dishes, drinks and music can be enjoyed during the cruise. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Parking in BudapestIn Budapest at most of the places you have to pay if you want to park your car. The fee is a little high but it's quite hard to find a place where it's free to park. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Széchenyi SpaSzéchenyi is the biggest spa in Budapest with 18 thermal pools. All pools, saunas, steam cabins, fitness rooms and massage service are available. The main swimming pool section and thermal pools are possible to visit mixed. [...]D: 2.5mi10
Things about Budapest you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
A 3-storey blue haveli where Great Mahatma Gandhi was born is converted into a Museum now. The aura of the place makes you feel undoubtedly...
History & Culture: Kirti Mandir
New Delhi, India
There is truly no place like home, but at Rama Inn, it is our aim to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible.
Sightseeing: Hotel Rama Inn
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Anodyne is a trendy coffee house, but it serves great food all day long. The sandwich menu has some pretty exciting choices, and you'll probably...
Food: Anodyne Coffee House
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing