The Road to Peace and Life - 545km, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > The Road to Peace and Life - 545km
- General travel tip
- City center
As you know, Korea is separated into two countries.
According to the Koreans Armistice Agreement of 1953, the cease-fire line was established from the mouth of Imjingang River in the west to Goseong, Gangwon-do in the east. The DMZ refers to a demilitarized zone where no military army or weaponry is permitted, 2km away from the truce line on each of the border.
Although the DMZ and this place behind the iron wall is a symbol of the tragic situation of korea, this place is a very good place for animals and plants. Many animals and plants which were in danger of the extermination are living without any threat of development and industrialization near the DMZ. Experts say the DMZ is one of the handful of places which has not been touched by human beings for a long time in the world.
The DMZ, which separates North and South Korea, was a peaceful place and marks the last untouched cold war border in the world today. this forbidden land has finally been opened to the public. The 545km-long the DMZ trek course in nine area is the road to world peace and wonder of nature.
I visited the DMZ is a remnant of the Cold War. So I watch North Korea from the observatory and hope for peaceful unification. But, in the DMZ, a mountainous ecosystem, inland wetlands and freshwater and coastal ecosystems have been well-preserved. Especially I feel good to hiking along the holes. And I saw a beautiful nature in the DMZ. So, I think visiting in the DMZ was an exciting new experience for me. The DMZ was expected for me attractions, preservation of the ecosystem and national unification would be realized here in the PLZ under the theme of 'Peace and Life'.
And I think If Korea becomes a united country in the future, The DMZ wouldn't be remembered as a symbol of the war and tragic separation of Korea. Instead, it will be remembered as a symbol of peace and a beautiful natural place.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- TosokchonAttracting both locals and foreign visitors, Tosokchon, this cozy little place, based in hut-like apartments is a popular Korean locale. We went quite early for dinner, because we wanted to avoid the queues and get a place in time. The [...]D: n/a00
- Nanta Theater'Playing with your food' seems to hold up a totally new meaning when you watch the show that is held every night in the Nanta Theater in the Unesco Building. The performers characterize chefs that 'play' with their food and [...]D: n/a00
- Myeong-dong Shopping AreaSeoul's most trendy and popular shopping area, Myeoing-dong is an attarction in itself. Full of all kinds of shops ranging from big brand-chains to traditional Korean souvenir shops, the street is a shopping-mecca for visitors. At [...]D: n/a00
- Bukchon Hanok VillageTo see and 'experience' some of the traditional side of Seoul a visit to the Bukchon Hanok Village is a worthwhile thing. There are several old, traditionally Asian houses, called hanok, which you can enter (not every one of them) [...]D: n/a00
- Concerts in Seoul PlazaWe had the most amazing night at my first Concert in Seoul Plaza at the beginning of the month. Every year since 2007, the plaza, based on preserving art and culture, has organized concerts free of charge. Several performers step up and [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When going to this place make sure you stay at a 4star,you will enjoy your holiday better.
When you are want to Köln, you can go to a great festival in february. This festival is one of the biggest in europa.
General: The great festival of Köln
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
If you are in Hajduszoboszlo don't miss out the aqua park. It is a great place, and it is not too expensive
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
New York, New York
Now whether it is business trip or a vacation, key ingredient for the success of your trip is eating good food. What exactly you want to eat? Do...
Food: Few Things To Know Before Visiting Moon Thai Weston Restaurant!
Santa Barbara, California
Great thing to check out while in Santa Barbara would be the beaches. Every beach is wonderful but I really recommend Butterfly Beach. Stunningly...
Outdoors Activities: Things to do in Santa Barbara