The Road to Peace and Life - 545km, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > The Road to Peace and Life - 545km
- General travel tip
- City center
As you know, Korea is separated into two countries.
According to the Koreans Armistice Agreement of 1953, the cease-fire line was established from the mouth of Imjingang River in the west to Goseong, Gangwon-do in the east. The DMZ refers to a demilitarized zone where no military army or weaponry is permitted, 2km away from the truce line on each of the border.
Although the DMZ and this place behind the iron wall is a symbol of the tragic situation of korea, this place is a very good place for animals and plants. Many animals and plants which were in danger of the extermination are living without any threat of development and industrialization near the DMZ. Experts say the DMZ is one of the handful of places which has not been touched by human beings for a long time in the world.
The DMZ, which separates North and South Korea, was a peaceful place and marks the last untouched cold war border in the world today. this forbidden land has finally been opened to the public. The 545km-long the DMZ trek course in nine area is the road to world peace and wonder of nature.
I visited the DMZ is a remnant of the Cold War. So I watch North Korea from the observatory and hope for peaceful unification. But, in the DMZ, a mountainous ecosystem, inland wetlands and freshwater and coastal ecosystems have been well-preserved. Especially I feel good to hiking along the holes. And I saw a beautiful nature in the DMZ. So, I think visiting in the DMZ was an exciting new experience for me. The DMZ was expected for me attractions, preservation of the ecosystem and national unification would be realized here in the PLZ under the theme of 'Peace and Life'.
And I think If Korea becomes a united country in the future, The DMZ wouldn't be remembered as a symbol of the war and tragic separation of Korea. Instead, it will be remembered as a symbol of peace and a beautiful natural place.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Sadong Myeonok RestaurantThis cozy little restaurant is a bit hidden, but once you found it, you will not want to go away, or you will definitely come back. I loved all about Sadong Myeonok. They have the most largest manduguk (rice dumpling) you'll ever eat [...]D: n/a00
- Concerts in Seoul PlazaWe had the most amazing night at my first Concert in Seoul Plaza at the beginning of the month. Every year since 2007, the plaza, based on preserving art and culture, has organized concerts free of charge. Several performers step up and [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Folk Village Museum near SeoulWe fell asleep while we traveled by bus to the Korean Folk Village and we got down from the bus it was like we went back in time several hundred or thousand years. They managed to recreate buildings and surrounding so perfectly, you felt [...]D: n/a01
- Seoul City Tour BusThe Seoul City Tour Bus enables you to have a few glimpses on the city for a fair price of only $8.75. The simple part of the tour is that you can get off the bus when it stops, look around, and then just take the next one to the next [...]D: n/a10
- TosokchonAttracting both locals and foreign visitors, Tosokchon, this cozy little place, based in hut-like apartments is a popular Korean locale. We went quite early for dinner, because we wanted to avoid the queues and get a place in time. The [...]D: n/a00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
They have great drinks not for too much and great company. Also they have the best music in the area, so yes, I can say it's the best club in the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backstage
Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
Next Saturday, March 3, will kick off the Lual the Falls and innovative format, which promises to be a new option to ride in Niagara Falls that are...
General: Don´t Miss II
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
No visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros...
Food: San Gines Chocolate Factory
Aire de Sevilla is the best bath I have ever been to. They don't only have baths but also massage, aromatherapy and all kinds of treatments. My...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aire de Sevilla
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
This church has become a sort of visiting card for Vilnius. It is considered to be the masterpiece of late Lithuanian Gothic. It's a must to see...
Sightseeing: St. Ann's Church
Because really close to Covasna there is an ice cream factory, they opened a store in the center with a really tasty ice cream. But not only that....
Food: Tasty ice cream
Saint Petersburg, Russia
The Russian Museum is a must see when you're visiting Saint Petersburg. They have a huge collection of art, mainly paintings and sculptures, by...
History & Culture: Russian Museum