The Road to Peace and Life - 545km, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > The Road to Peace and Life - 545km
- General travel tip
- City center
As you know, Korea is separated into two countries.
According to the Koreans Armistice Agreement of 1953, the cease-fire line was established from the mouth of Imjingang River in the west to Goseong, Gangwon-do in the east. The DMZ refers to a demilitarized zone where no military army or weaponry is permitted, 2km away from the truce line on each of the border.
Although the DMZ and this place behind the iron wall is a symbol of the tragic situation of korea, this place is a very good place for animals and plants. Many animals and plants which were in danger of the extermination are living without any threat of development and industrialization near the DMZ. Experts say the DMZ is one of the handful of places which has not been touched by human beings for a long time in the world.
The DMZ, which separates North and South Korea, was a peaceful place and marks the last untouched cold war border in the world today. this forbidden land has finally been opened to the public. The 545km-long the DMZ trek course in nine area is the road to world peace and wonder of nature.
I visited the DMZ is a remnant of the Cold War. So I watch North Korea from the observatory and hope for peaceful unification. But, in the DMZ, a mountainous ecosystem, inland wetlands and freshwater and coastal ecosystems have been well-preserved. Especially I feel good to hiking along the holes. And I saw a beautiful nature in the DMZ. So, I think visiting in the DMZ was an exciting new experience for me. The DMZ was expected for me attractions, preservation of the ecosystem and national unification would be realized here in the PLZ under the theme of 'Peace and Life'.
And I think If Korea becomes a united country in the future, The DMZ wouldn't be remembered as a symbol of the war and tragic separation of Korea. Instead, it will be remembered as a symbol of peace and a beautiful natural place.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Korean Folk VillageThis beautiful village is made up of 260 buildings from the Chosun era of the Korean history. The first thing you should know about it is that this is the filming place for the well known Korean dramas, you may be familiar with some of them [...]D: 1.2mi10
- National Museum of KoreaHistory, art and culture; that is what museums are all about. For an understanding of Korea and its background the National Museum of Korea is definitely the best. It offers various kinds of information on both history and culture and has [...]D: n/a00
- Nanta Theater'Playing with your food' seems to hold up a totally new meaning when you watch the show that is held every night in the Nanta Theater in the Unesco Building. The performers characterize chefs that 'play' with their food and [...]D: n/a00
- Folk Village Museum near SeoulWe fell asleep while we traveled by bus to the Korean Folk Village and we got down from the bus it was like we went back in time several hundred or thousand years. They managed to recreate buildings and surrounding so perfectly, you felt [...]D: n/a01
- Seoul Dream ForestSeoul's 4th largest park in the northern part of the city, Dream Forest has become a major attraction to visitors. We were so lucky that we went to Seoul in the spring and visited the park, because the trees on Cherry Blossom Path were [...]D: n/a00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
Seoul Travel guideSeoul, the capital of South Korea is the fifth largest city in the world. It is one of the favorite destinations of tourists from all over the globe. From sky high skyscrapers to ancient buildings, from trendy shopping malls to road side shops, Seoul has it all. For those who want to shake their leg and party all night, there are a good number of discos and night clubs in the city. There are [...]
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are aorund Bregenz at the time of july/august and if you like theater plays, you have definitely to visit the theater festival of Bregenz....
Night Life & Entertainment: Theater festival at the lake of Constance
The New Sofia Pub Crawl is the night walk around Sofia’s hidden and unique bars. This event is not for those looking for loud and smoky rooms;...
Night Life & Entertainment: The New Sofia Pub Crawl
To really experience the Afro-Cuban culture, visiting the small side street called Callejon de Hamel is a must for everyone. It is amazing. The...
Family & Fun: Callejon de Hamel in Havana
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
The theater of the Phoenix has truly lived up to its reputation, rising from the ashes and becoming one of the prestigious opera houses in Venice....
History & Culture: Teatro La Fenice
Located between Milan and Venice, the city of Romeo and Juliet is popular for its historical monuments and wonderful landscapes. This city has a...
History & Culture: A Land with Attractions in Diversity
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
Key West, Florida
I've never, ever seen so many beautiful colors in one place in my entire life. The conservatory is just beautiful. There's no other word, only if...
Family & Fun: Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
Hanoi Bac Mai, Vietnam
Top places to visit on your Myanmar Tour Packages # 1: Experience an exciting and really different cruising through the Ayeyarwady River in...
Sightseeing: Top destinations to see in Myanmar