The Road to Peace and Life - 545km, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > The Road to Peace and Life - 545km
- General travel tip
- City center
As you know, Korea is separated into two countries.
According to the Koreans Armistice Agreement of 1953, the cease-fire line was established from the mouth of Imjingang River in the west to Goseong, Gangwon-do in the east. The DMZ refers to a demilitarized zone where no military army or weaponry is permitted, 2km away from the truce line on each of the border.
Although the DMZ and this place behind the iron wall is a symbol of the tragic situation of korea, this place is a very good place for animals and plants. Many animals and plants which were in danger of the extermination are living without any threat of development and industrialization near the DMZ. Experts say the DMZ is one of the handful of places which has not been touched by human beings for a long time in the world.
The DMZ, which separates North and South Korea, was a peaceful place and marks the last untouched cold war border in the world today. this forbidden land has finally been opened to the public. The 545km-long the DMZ trek course in nine area is the road to world peace and wonder of nature.
I visited the DMZ is a remnant of the Cold War. So I watch North Korea from the observatory and hope for peaceful unification. But, in the DMZ, a mountainous ecosystem, inland wetlands and freshwater and coastal ecosystems have been well-preserved. Especially I feel good to hiking along the holes. And I saw a beautiful nature in the DMZ. So, I think visiting in the DMZ was an exciting new experience for me. The DMZ was expected for me attractions, preservation of the ecosystem and national unification would be realized here in the PLZ under the theme of 'Peace and Life'.
And I think If Korea becomes a united country in the future, The DMZ wouldn't be remembered as a symbol of the war and tragic separation of Korea. Instead, it will be remembered as a symbol of peace and a beautiful natural place.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Gyeongbokgung PalaceOne of the national landmarks of the city, the Gyeongbokgung Palace is a very old building , home of the royal families of Korea. The whole palace was built in traditional Asian style with beautiful terraces and roofs, walls. And though [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Migabon RestaurantA simple, little cozy place, with a traditional aspect, the Migabon restaurant is heaven of good Korean food and fast service. Even if you have to wait a bit in a queue, the time is worth it, because 1. you don't have to wait THAT long [...]D: n/a00
- TosokchonAttracting both locals and foreign visitors, Tosokchon, this cozy little place, based in hut-like apartments is a popular Korean locale. We went quite early for dinner, because we wanted to avoid the queues and get a place in time. The [...]D: n/a00
- Insa-dong StreetSeoul's cultural scene, the Insa-dong Street, in the heart of the city is full of handicraft, antique and artwork shops. A true Mecca for visitors. There are also several traditional cafe and tea shops where visitors can spend a few [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Seoul World Cup ParkFormerly the land of tons and tons of garbage, the Seoul World Cup Park is now a place of peace, tranquility and public. The Stadium in the heart of the park was built for the 17th FIFA world Cup that was held there in 2002. The park is [...]D: 5.2mi00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Day 01: Leave Dhaka by domestic flight for Jessore in the morning. On arrival at Jessore Airport our representative will receive and transfer you...
Sightseeing: World largest Mangrove Forest Sundarbans Forest Trips
The view from Belfort Tower over this marvelous medieval city is something you don't want to miss. The 366 steps of this 83 meters tower are worth...
Sightseeing: Belfort Tower (Belfry of Bruges)
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
Trishaws are popular among tourist in Melaka. This would be one of the best ways to go around the place and look at the various attractions around....
Public Transportation: Trishaw riders in Melaka
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Hanoi, Papua New Guinea
Vietnam shares its borders with Laos, Cambodia and China. It presents wonderful opportunities to discover it’s natural and wonder tourist...
General: How to choose a Vietnam luxury tour?
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
Not far from Keelung, on a small peninsula, you can find interesting and bizarre stone formations that have been shaped by water and wind for...
Sightseeing: Yeh Liu
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Featuring Polynesian food and designed in a tropical style, this was the most entertaining, and interesting restaurant I've ever been in. They...
Food: Mai-Kai Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale