Gyeongbokgung Palace, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > Gyeongbokgung Palace
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The whole palace was built in traditional Asian style with beautiful terraces and roofs, walls. And though the palace in itself is an attraction, the National Museum of Korea and the National Folk Museum is a place to visit, once you've gone to the royal home. Many things can you learn from the museum's exhibits, not just bathe in the beauty of the royal quarters and the gardens. :)
Sejongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Little more than 2.5 USD.
9am to 6pm on weekdays and on weekends open until 7pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Myeong-dong Shopping AreaSeoul's most trendy and popular shopping area, Myeoing-dong is an attarction in itself. Full of all kinds of shops ranging from big brand-chains to traditional Korean souvenir shops, the street is a shopping-mecca for visitors. At [...]D: n/a00
- Bukchon Hanok VillageTo see and 'experience' some of the traditional side of Seoul a visit to the Bukchon Hanok Village is a worthwhile thing. There are several old, traditionally Asian houses, called hanok, which you can enter (not every one of them) [...]D: n/a00
- Insa-dong StreetSeoul's cultural scene, the Insa-dong Street, in the heart of the city is full of handicraft, antique and artwork shops. A true Mecca for visitors. There are also several traditional cafe and tea shops where visitors can spend a few [...]D: 0.8mi00
- TosokchonAttracting both locals and foreign visitors, Tosokchon, this cozy little place, based in hut-like apartments is a popular Korean locale. We went quite early for dinner, because we wanted to avoid the queues and get a place in time. The [...]D: n/a00
- The Road to Peace and Life - 545kmFrom the DMZ to the PLZ(Peace and Life Zone) As you know, Korea is separated into two countries. According to the Koreans Armistice Agreement of 1953, the cease-fire line was established from the mouth of Imjingang River in the west [...]D: 1.2mi10
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
This is a Cathedral that was built on top of an arabic mosque after the Cristians came into this region of Spain. The Catedral de la Encarnacion...
General: Malaga Cathedral
Korjaamo defines itself as Helsinki's "living rooms", which sounds a but abstract, as expected from a huge building that basically...
History & Culture: Korjaamo Cultural Factory
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
Key West, Florida
Mallory Square is definitely a place to visit, not just because it is Key West's major attraction but is a place of history and fun in the same...
History & Culture: Mallory Square
Hanoi Bac Mai, Vietnam
Top places to visit on your Myanmar Tour Packages # 1: Experience an exciting and really different cruising through the Ayeyarwady River in...
Sightseeing: Top destinations to see in Myanmar
Hong Kong, China
Dedicated to the God of Literature, Man and the God of War, Kwan Yu (called also Mo), the temple is a very old, sacred place where disputes were...
History & Culture: The Man Mo Temple of Hong Kong