Gyeongbokgung Palace, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > Gyeongbokgung Palace
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The whole palace was built in traditional Asian style with beautiful terraces and roofs, walls. And though the palace in itself is an attraction, the National Museum of Korea and the National Folk Museum is a place to visit, once you've gone to the royal home. Many things can you learn from the museum's exhibits, not just bathe in the beauty of the royal quarters and the gardens. :)
Sejongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Little more than 2.5 USD.
9am to 6pm on weekdays and on weekends open until 7pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Insa-dong StreetSeoul's cultural scene, the Insa-dong Street, in the heart of the city is full of handicraft, antique and artwork shops. A true Mecca for visitors. There are also several traditional cafe and tea shops where visitors can spend a few [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Sadong Myeonok RestaurantThis cozy little restaurant is a bit hidden, but once you found it, you will not want to go away, or you will definitely come back. I loved all about Sadong Myeonok. They have the most largest manduguk (rice dumpling) you'll ever eat [...]D: n/a00
- Nanta Theater'Playing with your food' seems to hold up a totally new meaning when you watch the show that is held every night in the Nanta Theater in the Unesco Building. The performers characterize chefs that 'play' with their food and [...]D: n/a00
- Myeong-dong Shopping AreaSeoul's most trendy and popular shopping area, Myeoing-dong is an attarction in itself. Full of all kinds of shops ranging from big brand-chains to traditional Korean souvenir shops, the street is a shopping-mecca for visitors. At [...]D: n/a00
- National Museum of KoreaHistory, art and culture; that is what museums are all about. For an understanding of Korea and its background the National Museum of Korea is definitely the best. It offers various kinds of information on both history and culture and has [...]D: n/a00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
Oxford, United Kingdom
Go and see this very nice pub, the Eagle & Child in Oxford. If you like fantasy novels, you should visit it, because JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis used...
Food: Eagle & Child pub in Oxford
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Singapore City, Singapore
This is a burger for those strict veggie eaters out there. I have not tried some myself, because me and veggies are far apart. But a close friend...
Food: The Burger for the Vegan
Picturesque and worthwhile, the National Taiwan Memorial Hall is an imposing building surrounded by gardens and parkways along a 62-acres land. ...
History & Culture: National Taiwan Memorial Hall
Atlantic City, New Jersey
They have such an amazing array of sea and river creatures, the kids were both entranced and excited, pointing at various colorful or...
Family & Fun: Atlantic City Aquarium
The Chicago Blues Festival usually takes place every year in early June in Grant Park. It is the largest Blues Festival in the world, so it's an...
Night Life & Entertainment: Chicago Blues Festival
Hoi An, Vietnam
If you are planning your Travel to Vietnam and especially in Hoi An, Da Nang and Hue in central region of country, try to make it consider with the...
General: Full Moon festival in Hoi An