Gyeongbokgung Palace, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > Gyeongbokgung Palace
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The whole palace was built in traditional Asian style with beautiful terraces and roofs, walls. And though the palace in itself is an attraction, the National Museum of Korea and the National Folk Museum is a place to visit, once you've gone to the royal home. Many things can you learn from the museum's exhibits, not just bathe in the beauty of the royal quarters and the gardens. :)
Sejongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Little more than 2.5 USD.
9am to 6pm on weekdays and on weekends open until 7pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Sadong Myeonok RestaurantThis cozy little restaurant is a bit hidden, but once you found it, you will not want to go away, or you will definitely come back. I loved all about Sadong Myeonok. They have the most largest manduguk (rice dumpling) you'll ever eat [...]D: n/a00
- Insa-dong StreetSeoul's cultural scene, the Insa-dong Street, in the heart of the city is full of handicraft, antique and artwork shops. A true Mecca for visitors. There are also several traditional cafe and tea shops where visitors can spend a few [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The Road to Peace and Life - 545kmFrom the DMZ to the PLZ(Peace and Life Zone) As you know, Korea is separated into two countries. According to the Koreans Armistice Agreement of 1953, the cease-fire line was established from the mouth of Imjingang River in the west [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Nanta Theater'Playing with your food' seems to hold up a totally new meaning when you watch the show that is held every night in the Nanta Theater in the Unesco Building. The performers characterize chefs that 'play' with their food and [...]D: n/a00
- Concerts in Seoul PlazaWe had the most amazing night at my first Concert in Seoul Plaza at the beginning of the month. Every year since 2007, the plaza, based on preserving art and culture, has organized concerts free of charge. Several performers step up and [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
There is no man on the earth who would not find the tango one of the most beautiful dances in the world. To see is in Argentina, one of its homes...
Night Life & Entertainment: Tango Show in El Viejo Almacen
Perfect timing. Budget car rentals are often available just after peak holiday season. If you can plan your road trip away from holidays, car...
General: How to choose the perfect car rental
There are some nice possibilities to go for shopping, in the city center and at some shopping malls.
Shopping: If you want to go shopping...
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Fort Worth, Texas
Operating since the year 1989, the Hangman's House of Horrors is not only a Fort Worth attractions but the most visited haunted houses in the...
History & Culture: Hangman's House of Horrors
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
Opal is a great dining place situated in the Queen Anne area having a lot of special menus for all tastes. I went with some friends and we were...
Food: Opal Restaurant in Seattle