Korean Folk Village, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > Korean Folk Village
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The place is a museum, but people actually live in the houses, really! Wear traditional clothes, use the old tools and live in the old way, it's almost unbelievable in a city like Seoul.
You can eat traditional Korean food (and only that), see weddings held there (some are real, some are for the filmings). There are workshops with the traditional crafts everywhere and it's like you are in a different era.
107 Pora-ri, Kihung-up, Yong-in-shi, Kyonggi-do, Seoul
09:00am to 17:00pm, all year.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Seoul World Cup ParkFormerly the land of tons and tons of garbage, the Seoul World Cup Park is now a place of peace, tranquility and public. The Stadium in the heart of the park was built for the 17th FIFA world Cup that was held there in 2002. The park is [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Myeong-dong Shopping AreaSeoul's most trendy and popular shopping area, Myeoing-dong is an attarction in itself. Full of all kinds of shops ranging from big brand-chains to traditional Korean souvenir shops, the street is a shopping-mecca for visitors. At [...]D: n/a00
- National Museum of KoreaHistory, art and culture; that is what museums are all about. For an understanding of Korea and its background the National Museum of Korea is definitely the best. It offers various kinds of information on both history and culture and has [...]D: n/a00
- Nanta Theater'Playing with your food' seems to hold up a totally new meaning when you watch the show that is held every night in the Nanta Theater in the Unesco Building. The performers characterize chefs that 'play' with their food and [...]D: n/a00
- Bukchon Hanok VillageTo see and 'experience' some of the traditional side of Seoul a visit to the Bukchon Hanok Village is a worthwhile thing. There are several old, traditionally Asian houses, called hanok, which you can enter (not every one of them) [...]D: n/a00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
Walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main touristic objectives.Come and find more about Braila city with a local guide !
Sightseeing: Braila city tour
Also visit the historical center of Oradea with plenty of old monuments built at the begining of the 19th century. The architecture of the center...
General: The baroque historical center
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Found in Hollywood, this restaurant serves Armenian food, which is a refreshing new thing in an American environment. We had to try out this...
Food: Hollywood Grill in Fort Lauderdale
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Anodyne is a trendy coffee house, but it serves great food all day long. The sandwich menu has some pretty exciting choices, and you'll probably...
Food: Anodyne Coffee House
Though the South Mountain Education Center closed down in April due to budget reductions the hiking trails are still open to the public. When we...
Outdoors Activities: South Mountain Park Trails in Phoenix
Saint Paul, Minnesota
If you're looking for anything that might give you a glimpse of Minnesota and the area, either cultural, artistic or historical or the more...
Sightseeing: Minnesota Grand Avenue