Korean Folk Village, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > Korean Folk Village
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The place is a museum, but people actually live in the houses, really! Wear traditional clothes, use the old tools and live in the old way, it's almost unbelievable in a city like Seoul.
You can eat traditional Korean food (and only that), see weddings held there (some are real, some are for the filmings). There are workshops with the traditional crafts everywhere and it's like you are in a different era.
107 Pora-ri, Kihung-up, Yong-in-shi, Kyonggi-do, Seoul
09:00am to 17:00pm, all year.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Sadong Myeonok RestaurantThis cozy little restaurant is a bit hidden, but once you found it, you will not want to go away, or you will definitely come back. I loved all about Sadong Myeonok. They have the most largest manduguk (rice dumpling) you'll ever eat [...]D: n/a00
- TosokchonAttracting both locals and foreign visitors, Tosokchon, this cozy little place, based in hut-like apartments is a popular Korean locale. We went quite early for dinner, because we wanted to avoid the queues and get a place in time. The [...]D: n/a00
- Insa-dong StreetSeoul's cultural scene, the Insa-dong Street, in the heart of the city is full of handicraft, antique and artwork shops. A true Mecca for visitors. There are also several traditional cafe and tea shops where visitors can spend a few [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Bukchon Hanok VillageTo see and 'experience' some of the traditional side of Seoul a visit to the Bukchon Hanok Village is a worthwhile thing. There are several old, traditionally Asian houses, called hanok, which you can enter (not every one of them) [...]D: n/a00
- Seoul Dream ForestSeoul's 4th largest park in the northern part of the city, Dream Forest has become a major attraction to visitors. We were so lucky that we went to Seoul in the spring and visited the park, because the trees on Cherry Blossom Path were [...]D: n/a00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In stuttgart, there is ab very big and interessting museum. The 'Mercedes-Benz Museum'. There you can see very old or new mercedes. You can also...
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
It's the most beautiful local that i have seen in Rimini. you can eat, drink, dance, listen live music,....
Night Life & Entertainment: Restaurant Pizzeria Discopub BOUNTY
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
If you like to go shopping or watching the old souk of Hammamet, take yourself a taxi. Busses arent reliable and a Taxi isnt much expensive. While...
General: Toursit location
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Located in the Nichols Hills Plaza, The Coach House is an absolute hit as a restaurant, especially if you would like take your date out to lunch,...
Food: The Coach House