Bukchon Hanok Village, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > Bukchon Hanok Village
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several old, traditionally Asian houses, called hanok, which you can enter (not every one of them) to explore its interiors. It is a good way to see how Koreans lived (or still live).
You can also find some museums that could be interesting. If you plan to visit more sights in this area you should spend at least a day (or a half) there.
Bukchon Samcheong-dong, Kwanbuk-gu, Seoul,
Free, admission fees for some museum or 'guest houses'.
How to get there:
By subway Line 3 until Anguk Station.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Myeong-dong Shopping AreaSeoul's most trendy and popular shopping area, Myeoing-dong is an attarction in itself. Full of all kinds of shops ranging from big brand-chains to traditional Korean souvenir shops, the street is a shopping-mecca for visitors. At [...]D: n/a00
- Seoul Dream ForestSeoul's 4th largest park in the northern part of the city, Dream Forest has become a major attraction to visitors. We were so lucky that we went to Seoul in the spring and visited the park, because the trees on Cherry Blossom Path were [...]D: n/a00
- Gyeongbokgung PalaceOne of the national landmarks of the city, the Gyeongbokgung Palace is a very old building , home of the royal families of Korea. The whole palace was built in traditional Asian style with beautiful terraces and roofs, walls. And though [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Migabon RestaurantA simple, little cozy place, with a traditional aspect, the Migabon restaurant is heaven of good Korean food and fast service. Even if you have to wait a bit in a queue, the time is worth it, because 1. you don't have to wait THAT long [...]D: n/a00
- Nanta Theater'Playing with your food' seems to hold up a totally new meaning when you watch the show that is held every night in the Nanta Theater in the Unesco Building. The performers characterize chefs that 'play' with their food and [...]D: n/a00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to go shopping on a high level, go to Zurich. There´s much you can do there in that sense.
General: Shopping in the city center
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
While Pallais des Beaux Arts is the most famous museum in Lille, that doesn't mean it's the only one. One particular museum that I like a lot is...
Sightseeing: Musée de l’Hospice Comtesse
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive