Bukchon Hanok Village, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > Bukchon Hanok Village
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several old, traditionally Asian houses, called hanok, which you can enter (not every one of them) to explore its interiors. It is a good way to see how Koreans lived (or still live).
You can also find some museums that could be interesting. If you plan to visit more sights in this area you should spend at least a day (or a half) there.
Bukchon Samcheong-dong, Kwanbuk-gu, Seoul,
Free, admission fees for some museum or 'guest houses'.
How to get there:
By subway Line 3 until Anguk Station.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Seoul City Tour BusThe Seoul City Tour Bus enables you to have a few glimpses on the city for a fair price of only $8.75. The simple part of the tour is that you can get off the bus when it stops, look around, and then just take the next one to the next [...]D: n/a10
- Seoul Dream ForestSeoul's 4th largest park in the northern part of the city, Dream Forest has become a major attraction to visitors. We were so lucky that we went to Seoul in the spring and visited the park, because the trees on Cherry Blossom Path were [...]D: n/a00
- Seoul TowerYou get a beautiful view of the city of Seoul and also its surroundings from the observation deck of the Seoul Tower. We were really lucky that we caught a nice, cloudless day with the sun shining down on the city. It is truly breathtaking. [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Sadong Myeonok RestaurantThis cozy little restaurant is a bit hidden, but once you found it, you will not want to go away, or you will definitely come back. I loved all about Sadong Myeonok. They have the most largest manduguk (rice dumpling) you'll ever eat [...]D: n/a00
- Myeong-dong Shopping AreaSeoul's most trendy and popular shopping area, Myeoing-dong is an attarction in itself. Full of all kinds of shops ranging from big brand-chains to traditional Korean souvenir shops, the street is a shopping-mecca for visitors. At [...]D: n/a00
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Rheinfälle at Schaffhausen are really some kind of nature play. Big and impressing the rive Rhine has got waterfalls there. You can either...
Outdoors Activities: The big waterfall called Rheinfälle
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
Manala means hell, and unsurprisingly enough, the serve "food to die for", as they say. The menu of Manala is great, and people who have...
Food: Manala Restaurant
The two museums are in the same building, one of the most impressive Renaissance mansions in Lyon built at the beginning of the 16the century. ...
History & Culture: Historical Museum and Puppet Museum
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
Hello! I'd really like to tell you about my recent trip to the Chernobyl zone. This place is sadly known for one of the most tragic events in the...
History & Culture: Chernobyl Trips
The Inner Harbor of Baltimore is the oldest seaport in America. The now major tourist attraction, the port is always bustling with people. Though...
Sightseeing: Inner Harbor
The best way to get to know Montgomery is to take a ride with the 1940's looking-like bus. The bus has air-conditioning, clean windows and if...
Public Transportation: Authentic 1940's bus-ride