Bukchon Hanok Village, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > Bukchon Hanok Village
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several old, traditionally Asian houses, called hanok, which you can enter (not every one of them) to explore its interiors. It is a good way to see how Koreans lived (or still live).
You can also find some museums that could be interesting. If you plan to visit more sights in this area you should spend at least a day (or a half) there.
Bukchon Samcheong-dong, Kwanbuk-gu, Seoul,
Free, admission fees for some museum or 'guest houses'.
How to get there:
By subway Line 3 until Anguk Station.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Korean Folk VillageThis beautiful village is made up of 260 buildings from the Chosun era of the Korean history. The first thing you should know about it is that this is the filming place for the well known Korean dramas, you may be familiar with some of them [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Seoul World Cup ParkFormerly the land of tons and tons of garbage, the Seoul World Cup Park is now a place of peace, tranquility and public. The Stadium in the heart of the park was built for the 17th FIFA world Cup that was held there in 2002. The park is [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Insa-dong StreetSeoul's cultural scene, the Insa-dong Street, in the heart of the city is full of handicraft, antique and artwork shops. A true Mecca for visitors. There are also several traditional cafe and tea shops where visitors can spend a few [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The Road to Peace and Life - 545kmFrom the DMZ to the PLZ(Peace and Life Zone) As you know, Korea is separated into two countries. According to the Koreans Armistice Agreement of 1953, the cease-fire line was established from the mouth of Imjingang River in the west [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Folk Village Museum near SeoulWe fell asleep while we traveled by bus to the Korean Folk Village and we got down from the bus it was like we went back in time several hundred or thousand years. They managed to recreate buildings and surrounding so perfectly, you felt [...]D: n/a01
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Salzburg, there´s not only the fact interesting that Mozart was born there. Also the medieval castle Hohensalzburg, built in 1077,...
History & Culture: Castle Hohensalzburg
If you are holidaying on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality, our Sydney hotel deal for tonight is perfect for you. Our hotels in...
General: Sydney Hotel Deals for Tonight
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
A 3-storey blue haveli where Great Mahatma Gandhi was born is converted into a Museum now. The aura of the place makes you feel undoubtedly...
History & Culture: Kirti Mandir
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
We had the time of our lives on one of the Miami Culinary Tours.The traditional Cuban cuisine in Miami is extraordinary. So many colors,...
Food: Miami Culinary Tours
The Basilica of Saint Mary is an imposing church in downtown Minneapolis, and the oldest Catholic parish in the city. It was built about a hundred...
History & Culture: Basilica of Saint Mary