Bukchon Hanok Village, Seoul, South Korea
Travel tips > Asia > South Korea > Seoul > Bukchon Hanok Village
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are several old, traditionally Asian houses, called hanok, which you can enter (not every one of them) to explore its interiors. It is a good way to see how Koreans lived (or still live).
You can also find some museums that could be interesting. If you plan to visit more sights in this area you should spend at least a day (or a half) there.
Bukchon Samcheong-dong, Kwanbuk-gu, Seoul,
Free, admission fees for some museum or 'guest houses'.
How to get there:
By subway Line 3 until Anguk Station.
Recent travel tips for Seoul
- Leeum Samsung Museum of ArtHoused in three buildings, the Leeum Samsung Museum of Art is not just an architectural jewel but a unique gem of culture and art in the busy city of Seoul. Exploring the permanent exhibitions enables you to have a glimpse on the evolution [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Seoul World Cup ParkFormerly the land of tons and tons of garbage, the Seoul World Cup Park is now a place of peace, tranquility and public. The Stadium in the heart of the park was built for the 17th FIFA world Cup that was held there in 2002. The park is [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Seoul TowerYou get a beautiful view of the city of Seoul and also its surroundings from the observation deck of the Seoul Tower. We were really lucky that we caught a nice, cloudless day with the sun shining down on the city. It is truly breathtaking. [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Nanta Theater'Playing with your food' seems to hold up a totally new meaning when you watch the show that is held every night in the Nanta Theater in the Unesco Building. The performers characterize chefs that 'play' with their food and [...]D: n/a00
- Korean Folk VillageThis beautiful village is made up of 260 buildings from the Chosun era of the Korean history. The first thing you should know about it is that this is the filming place for the well known Korean dramas, you may be familiar with some of them [...]D: 1.2mi10
Things about Seoul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
A nice shopping destination is Debrecen Plaza, a mall located near to the center of the town. Although not big, it has a lot of shopping stores,...
Shopping: Debrecen Plaza
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
If you want to enjoy luxury shopping in Naples, Via Calabritto is a 'must see'. The street runs from Piazza dei Martiri to Piazza Vittoria. There...
Shopping: Via Calabritto
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Featuring exhibitions that provide information and facts about New Mexico's and the world's geology, formation, and inhabitants, the museum...
History & Culture: New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
Chris is the place where you will eat the best hot-dogs in Alabama. The diner was opened in 1917 and for many years was the hottest late-night spot...
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market