Short visit to Crete, Heraklion, Greece
After we were back again at Athens, we still had quite much time, so we decided to go to Crete. We went to Heraklion for one day, walked through the city and visited the museum. It has got some nice findings there if you like such things. The city istelf is ok, but not really nice.
You have got to visit the land in the inner island. There are a couple of good restaurants with some nice fresh fish and Greek cuisine that you should visit, if you like local specialities, but the rest is just ok, nothing special.
Things about Heraklion you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
1. Aug 3, 1994 Athens - first impression (Athens) ( 7)
2. Aug 4, 1994 Short visit in Corinth (Corinth) ( 10)
3. Aug 4, 1994 Break at Nafplion (Nafplion)
4. Aug 7, 1994 Daytrip to Argos (Argos)
5. Aug 8, 1994 Daytrip to the ancient Mykene (Mikinai)
6. Aug 9, 1994 Vacation in Nafplion (Nafplion)
7. Aug 10, 1994 Short visit in Tripolis (Tripolis)
8. Aug 12, 1994 Beach brake at Kaiafa (Kaiafa) ( 1)
9. Aug 16, 1994 Not amazed by Patras (Patras)
10. Aug 19, 1994 What to see in Santorini (Thira)
11. Aug 20, 1994 Short visit to Crete (Heraklion) ( 8)
12. Aug 23, 1994 The attractions of Matala (Matala)
Start from beginning | 1 - 12 Journal overview
Holiday in CreteRent a parking place in Frankfurt
Recommended Thessaloniki Guide
· Aproopto Light. This place is open from noon until 1:30am. It is located near the State Theatre and it has a great view. The food is great because they offer Mediterranean cuisine. Just be sure to have cash on hand because they do not accept credit card payments. · Thanasis. This place has been in business for 47 years already. They serve main courses with traditional Greek flavor. They are open from 8am until 3am except on Sundays. Reservation is a must if you are planning to go there at 10pm onwards because the place is usually packed at that time. If you can tolerate loud music, then this is one of the best places for you to... Read more »
Recent reviews for Heraklion
Rent a parking place in Frankfurt - Jul 11, 2007, by stef
We visited Creta in June 2007. We departed from Frankfurt, Germany erly in the morning (5:30 am). Both of our kids four years old Adam, and two years old David accompanied us. In order to catch the plane we had to start in the night from... Read more »
Holiday in Crete - Dec 10, 2006, by Wazling
Because we had so much time left at the end of our trip through Greece, we went to Crete. It was a great idea, i didn't want to have missed it. Everything is wonderful here. The land, monuments and also the people, who are exremely friendly... Read more »
About the myth of Knossos - Feb 1, 2008, by stef
The antique metropol Knossos, located 3 miles from the capital Hersonissos, was an ambigous experience for us. We enjoyed the famous king Minos' castle's ruins. On the other part we had a messy experience in a restaurant, where we eat. But... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Vienna reviews - Austria
This stop over was also gonna be fun. I had never been to Vienna really. Actually, I have but I was way too young to remember. We arrived at the...
Five hours of Vienna
Belize City reviews - Belize
This is a destination like no other! A destination for those who love ecotourism, for those who want to be in the middle of nature, a nature so...
Where to go in Central and South America
Augsburg reviews - Germany
Was a very interesting digging site with exceptionable findings. I'm an archeologist by profession, so I am very passionate about such things. It...
Avignon reviews - France
Aix is a nice french city, you can visit, if you're in the area. It's known for the palace of the french popes in the center. There are nice...
Aix is a must see in Provence
Saint-tropez reviews - France
Everybody has dreams. Everybody has dreams about places to see. A few have their dreams fulfilled. The rest of us, well, we just keep dreaming, and...
My dream vacation in Saint-Tropez
Dhelfoi reviews - Greece
The city hasn't got too much importance, it has had during the ancient greek period. It's a small town, offering the same as every other tourist...
Visit the Oracle of Delphi
Thira reviews - Greece
It is a fabulous volcanic island with an antique minoan city. Some people think Santorini is the home of the lost city of Atlantis... The quite...
What to see in Santorini
Rome reviews - Italy
After a little fight with the police lady that caught us on the bus without a ticket, we were a bit agitated but still in good shape. And no, we...
Public transportation in Rome
Saint Petersburg reviews - Russia
Wo liegt Sankt Petersburg? Sankt Petersburg liegt im Nordwesten Russlands und wurde 1703 gegründet von Peter dem Großen. Sankt...
Erfahrungen in Sankt Petersburg
Surat reviews - Thailand
We left Railay Beach trying to go to Koh Tao. It would take a lot longer than we expected but we made the most of it. We took a pick up truck to...
A quick stop and great food in Surat