Daytrip to Argos, Greece
I had a very nice ride from Nafplion to Argos. I passionately love motorbikes, so I actually rented one to discover the area wth it. I didn't regret. When you see the pure, real side of Greece and not the crowded touristy one, you just fall in love with it.
You should definitely see the Ancient City if you like walking in the past, the ruins are rather good maintained and also the Argos Museum with some great findings and a lot of things to see.
Things about Argos you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
1. Aug 3, 1994 Athens - first impression (Athens) ( 7)
2. Aug 4, 1994 Short visit in Corinth (Corinth) ( 10)
3. Aug 4, 1994 Break at Nafplion (Nafplion)
4. Aug 7, 1994 Daytrip to Argos (Argos)
5. Aug 8, 1994 Daytrip to the ancient Mykene (Mikinai)
6. Aug 9, 1994 Vacation in Nafplion (Nafplion)
7. Aug 10, 1994 Short visit in Tripolis (Tripolis)
8. Aug 12, 1994 Beach brake at Kaiafa (Kaiafa) ( 1)
9. Aug 16, 1994 Not amazed by Patras (Patras)
10. Aug 19, 1994 What to see in Santorini (Thira)
11. Aug 20, 1994 Short visit to Crete (Heraklion) ( 8)
12. Aug 23, 1994 The attractions of Matala (Matala)
Start from beginning | 1 - 12 Journal overview
A trip to the Ancient Argos
Recommended Thessaloniki Guide
· Aproopto Light. This place is open from noon until 1:30am. It is located near the State Theatre and it has a great view. The food is great because they offer Mediterranean cuisine. Just be sure to have cash on hand because they do not accept credit card payments. · Thanasis. This place has been in business for 47 years already. They serve main courses with traditional Greek flavor. They are open from 8am until 3am except on Sundays. Reservation is a must if you are planning to go there at 10pm onwards because the place is usually packed at that time. If you can tolerate loud music, then this is one of the best places for you to... Read more »
Recent reviews for Argos
A trip to the Ancient Argos - Apr 6, 2009, by Wazling
If you're interested in ancient greek history, you should visit the ancient city of Argos. The city got it's name after the giant who had a thousand eyes and watched over the treasures of the gods. There are beautiful ruins, places for... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Berlin reviews - Germany
One fact about Berlin, Germany: the 70% of the city stands of forest. So Berlin is one of the cleanest and most beautiful cities of the world, with...
Useful info about Berlin
Ulm reviews - Germany
Wo liegt Ulm? Ulm ist eine Universitätsstadt in Baden- Wüttemberg. Ulm liegt an der Donau, ein großer Fluss und...
Sie müssen wissen über Ulm
Xanten reviews - Germany
Xanten is a small town near the border of the netherlands. The landscape is mostly flat, typical for the area. The town itself doesnt offer so much...
Nice open air museum in Xanten
York reviews - United Kingdom
York, which is a halfway point between London and Edinburgh, is one of Englands most famous historical town. It is a beautiful place with appealing...
York, United Kingdom
Eger reviews - Hungary
In the North-Eastern part of Hungary lays the city of Eger, famous for the wine produced in the area and the battle of Eger in 1552 – and the...
Visit in Eger, the city of Hungarian heroes
Saltillo reviews - Mexico
We had some more crazy party days. I really needed the time off to relax a bit and spend some time somewhere else than back home. To my...
Why to visit Saltillo, Mexico
Rotterdam reviews - Netherlands
Rotterdam is a city in South Holland, Netherlands with a population of approximately 590 000 inhabitants in the city itself and 1 600 000...
What to know before you visit Rotterdam
Cottonwood reviews - Utah
Brighton Resort is a place where skier’s dream of plenty of snow can come true, here as in most of Utah’s resorts snow is incredible...
Skiers dream about Brighton Resort, UT
Laguna Beach reviews - California
I used to leave in Lake Forest, and this really seemed to be one of the best places to hang out at during the weekend. There are great places to...
Refreshing days in Lake Forest, CA
Portland reviews - Oregon
Although I was in Portland only when I was young, I can say that it's a nice clean place with nice outdoor activities not too far away. Mt. Rainier...
What to do in Portland