Daytrip to Argos, Greece
I had a very nice ride from Nafplion to Argos. I passionately love motorbikes, so I actually rented one to discover the area wth it. I didn't regret. When you see the pure, real side of Greece and not the crowded touristy one, you just fall in love with it.
You should definitely see the Ancient City if you like walking in the past, the ruins are rather good maintained and also the Argos Museum with some great findings and a lot of things to see.
Things about Argos you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
1. Aug 3, 1994 Athens - first impression (Athens) ( 7)
2. Aug 4, 1994 Short visit in Corinth (Corinth) ( 10)
3. Aug 4, 1994 Break at Nafplion (Nafplion)
4. Aug 7, 1994 Daytrip to Argos (Argos)
5. Aug 8, 1994 Daytrip to the ancient Mykene (Mikinai)
6. Aug 9, 1994 Vacation in Nafplion (Nafplion)
7. Aug 10, 1994 Short visit in Tripolis (Tripolis)
8. Aug 12, 1994 Beach brake at Kaiafa (Kaiafa) ( 1)
9. Aug 16, 1994 Not amazed by Patras (Patras)
10. Aug 19, 1994 What to see in Santorini (Thira)
11. Aug 20, 1994 Short visit to Crete (Heraklion) ( 8)
12. Aug 23, 1994 The attractions of Matala (Matala)
Start from beginning | 1 - 12 Journal overview
A trip to the Ancient Argos
Recommended Thessaloniki Guide
· Krikelas. This place has been in existence since 1940. It serves Greek cuisine and specializes on mezedes and spetzofai. It is open from Mondays to Saturdays at 11:30am until 2am. The Krikelas is closed during the months of July and August. · Zythos. This place is located at a refurbished warehouse. Although the interior is a display of woods and bricks, Zythos is still a favorite place of a variety of people. They serve Greek and Continental cuisines that are mostly favored by vegetarians. The place starts welcoming guests at 11am and locks up at 1am everyday of the week.... Read more »
Recent reviews for Argos
A trip to the Ancient Argos - Apr 6, 2009, by Wazling
If you're interested in ancient greek history, you should visit the ancient city of Argos. The city got it's name after the giant who had a thousand eyes and watched over the treasures of the gods. There are beautiful ruins, places for... Read more »
More reviews you might be interested in
Salzburg reviews - Austria
Salzburg is a really nice city, historically and because of the sights. First thing probably everybody knows, it's the birthplace of Mozart, the...
Why go to Salzburg
Calais reviews - France
Calais is a seaport, actually the busiest French passenger port, and manufacturing town in northern France It is located in Pas-de-Calais...
What to see and do in Calais
Corinth reviews - Greece
Nice antique City. If you're interested in history you should go there and also visit the small museum, there are quite many rare and interesting...
Short visit in Corinth
Kalambaka reviews - Greece
On our way to the Meteoras we stopped in this little town, Kalambaka. Here is an icon workshop. After we entered this building we saw on the walls...
Visiting the icon workshop of Kalambaka
Paralia reviews - Greece
In Paralia-Katerini we staid in Akti Musson hotel and we were really pleased. It's not a luxorious place, of course, but very nice. The decoration...
Accomodation in Paralia
Patras reviews - Greece
Its a big, ugly city, only mass tourism oriented, nothing special about it. When we asked a taxi driver for the next beach, he drove us to 'Rion...
Not amazed by Patras
Valletta reviews - Malta
I wouldn't recommend Palazzetto Citta, I went there for my honeymoon and was very dissapointed by the lack of privacy, also I have the following...
Bad experiences in Valletta, Malta
Mexico City reviews - Mexico
Über Mexico Die Mexicaner sind sehr stolz auf ihre Traditionen. Sie haben überall Traditionen, wie zum Beispiel in der Kunst, im...
Meinem Besuch in Mexiko
Deva reviews - Romania
The first place we stopped at was Deva. In Romania everyone knows the story of Deva's castle. The legend says that a woman was walled up into the...
The legend of the castle of Deva
Page reviews - Arizona
After we visited Antelope Canyon at noon, we ate something at this Mexcian place, which was really nice. Strange how we simply cannot get this sort...
Our Lake Powell trip